Issues that have come up during this offseason

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Feb 18, 2011.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

All of these are dave's call, I just wanna make a list so we can fix these before next offseason.

1 - no leeway for guys who make a mistake and place a claim on a player who is the wrong position. I think there should be some kinda 5-10 min deal or something where a guy can catch his mistake, but if not then it needs to be mentioned so guys will triple check.

2 - (this one is for win), players max base salary should be 3 x their overall minimum, instead of 3 mill across the board.

3 - owners are not allowed to cut players, take cap hit, and rebid on same player in same offseason to win at lower overall price.

4 - the 1 hour must send on emails after claim is posted needs to be enforced for next year

anything else?

2. natedawg212000

5 - getting minimum if you are the only bidder on a fa, no matter what the blind bid is.

3. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Just for clarification Nate.

Number 5- you get the player for what you bid even if you are the only bidder. End of story correct? Thats the whole reasoning behind the blind bid IMO.

4. natedawg212000

thats how it is now, guys are wanting to change that you get for minimum if no one else bids, no matter what your bid is.

also if we are going to allow guys to cut and resign their own player - fine, but it needs to be AFTER blind bidding and it needs to be normal bidding because this crap is killing dave and its total crap imo. i get it, i get why we would allow it, but not during blind bidding.

5. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I say no to the min if no one else bids and technically no one else would know. If you value someone to make a bid, thats your bid. thats what you think they are worth. tough shit.

I completely agree with you Nate. I think we should allow people to adjust their cap after the FA period. I think if someone cuts someone during the 3 day period they are open for the masses to bid on.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

2 - (this one is for win), players max base salary should be 3 x their overall minimum, instead of 3 mill across the board.

Wait....didn't we say this was a great idea? Why would we change it back? We're trying to limit crazy spending, and forcing maximum base salaries of 3 million across the board makes people spend more bonus money (aka cap hit money), especially on the higher free agents.

7. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

2 - That was the intention of the rule. If you limit the salary. You have to spend more on bonus and there for your cap hit is larger.

8. natedawg212000

no win, what i am saying is its 3 mill even for a 49 ov player, if you did the max was 3 times their base (so if base minimum is 300K then the max for that player would be 900k instead of 3 million like it is now). follow me? i do think its a great idea. i just think 3 mil across is too high. if you did 3 x min salary for overall then the top palyers max would still be 3 mill and the low overall guys would be forced to acutally carry a bonus.

9. natedawg212000

what i meant ko was that if they want to cut and resign their own player they must wait till the blind bidding is OVER. If they cut during blind bidding then they should be banned until AFTER blind bidding is done before they can bid on their own player.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

So let me see if I might understand....

Basically, have the base salary max be at 3 times the minimum salary UNTIL it gets to 3 million dollars maximum. Then 3 million is the maximum.

Do I have it right?

11. natedawg212000

right, so that it works for lower rated players. right now a 78 ov player can get all salary and hardly no bonus, cause it can go up to 3 million in salary. if you did 3 x then that number is much lower which means they are forced to use bonus.

12. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I dont like the idea of getting players for minimum if only bid.

If a NFL team offers a player a contract above league minimums and that player dcides to wait a day or two before accepting, the team wouldnt then lower the contract.

A contract offer should be final.