Istan-Bulls

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by hedache, May 5, 2011.

1. hedache

hedache Walk On

[​IMG]

Istanbul BB opens up the season with two wins. Coach Abdullah Avci is excited to be part of League 1 and also honored that he's working with a manager like hedache. When asked about the first two games, he had a shy smile.​

"These two games were must win games for us... In many ways! We know where we stand in the league, there will be games we will fight to steal points, in a few it'll be a 50-50. These two games were the ones that we had to win to stay par with our mid table target for the end of the season".​

In their home opener against Villareal, Istanbul gave up an unusual quick goal. Quickly recovering from that and tying with a quick response, the team dominated in possession and created chances all game long. But the finishing wasn't there.​

With a capacity of 80000, Istanbul Ataturk Olympic Stadium hosted a record breaking attendance of 482. Probably the initial excitement of being in a new league. As they thought Istanbul BB was about to settle for a point, Slovakian international Filip Holosko met with the ball in the box, quickly observing the goalie coming at him, threw him off the angle with a nice move and put it in the net in the dying seconds of the game to send Villareal back to Spain with a broken heart.​

"I'm not gonna lie to you, I thought it would not go in all night. We are fortunate to end up with the deserved 3 points."​

Second game of the week was against the English giants at Anfield. They may never walk alone, but they did a lot of walking back to the kick off circle in the first half of their game. One missed PK on 13th, another scored in 25th along with 2 more quick goals in the first half, Istanbul BB took good advantage of defensive mistakes of the Merseyside reds. Keeping it in control during the second half, the crew had a fun flight back to Turkey with the 3 points in their pocket.​

"This was an important win. This puts us in a good spot for the upcoming Champions League. It's very important for our budget to make it into this competition. If we can host a few big names in group stage, that will be big help for us financially".​

The lowly rated Istan-Bulls are looking forward to week 2 to pull a few surprises and prove that they belong in this league.​

2. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

That image looks really familiar. :)

3. hedache

hedache Walk On

Maybe he's a relative of yours? :p I'll totally ignore any other familiarities you're talking about, or not talking about. All images used by our club is copyrighted (or must be, I'm not in charge of that). Plus what's wrong with standard formats? One fact about Turks, we copy shit very well and redistribute it like it's ours :D

4. hedache

hedache Walk On

[​IMG]

League 1 has a surprise name up top of the table. With their perfect record, the only team left with one only after 2 games, the bulls already started title celebrations while they can, since it will not last long.​

"We know this won't be the picture at the end of the season, so we're just enjoying our time while we can." said defensive midfielder Cihan Haspolatli. He hasn't been challenged seriously in these first two games but he knows what's coming next. "With teams like AC Milan, Napoli, Benfica and Lyon I know I will have to work a lot harder defensively in the next 4 games. Especially since these games matter most for a champions league ticket."​

Gokhan Unal and Filip Holosko are in the top 3 in scoring. A duo that League 1 contenders will have to keep an eye on to prevent upsets by these brave underdogs. "Filip or I will try to squeeze in one each game in the coming two weeks, and if our defense can get the job done, we're right there with the giants taking a peek at the Champions League title, at least for a few more weeks..." were Gokhan's words with a grin on his face.​

A tough schedule is ahead of them, time will tell if the tale goes on.​

5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Optimistic as always, eh? :)

6. hedache

hedache Walk On

Just as you have highlighted :p

Like I tell everyone, this team has no pressure on them. If we end up at the bottom of the table, that's very expected, it's a 3* team, at least a star lower than any other team in the league. Target is mid table. Every opponent I beat on my way to the end of this season should be embarrassed for losing to a 3* team :D

Pressure is on all you guys hehe...

7. hedache

hedache Walk On

[​IMG]

AC Milan defeats the unbeaten Istanbul BB with a header by their superstar Ibrahimovic. The player with 8 league titles with 5 different teams between 2004 and 2010 shows his quality again. On paper it should have been an easy one for AC Milan at home, but on the pitch it was a different story.​

Coach Abdullah Avci prepared his boys well for this one, but the difference in quality and skill between the two teams made the difference. Ibrahimovic by himself is worth a lot more than the whole squad of Istanbul BB.​

"We knew what we were going against. We had the better chances early on, but we weren't able to capitalize on them. Milan caught us off guard once and that was enough. My players did better than I actually thought they would. We're looking into the next one, leaving this one behind."​

Deumi, the team's core back on defense was desperate when the cross came in to seal the deal for Zlat. "I'm usually the bigger guy, and can dominate my opponents. But man, that's Ibrahimovic you're playing against. One time he was able to get a step on me, and that was it. I'm proud that we all competed the way we did though."​

It was a tough week facing Napoli and then AC Milan both being Italian giants. One point out of two games is not the sweetest after 6 the past week, but then it's no surprise either. Next week will show if Istanbul makes it into the Champions League.​

"If we don't make it in, we have a good chance to advance a few rounds in the Europa League."​

8. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

classic hed mind games :)

I might just have to get me an xbox so i can join u guys in fifa 12..

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

gg.. i thought Milan had the better chances though. Pato posted one and also sent one just over the bar. You controlled the ball in your back half but Milan had more chances and put the pressure on throughout the game.

Looking forward to the next one to prove to Istanbul than Milan is no fluke.. :)

10. hedache

hedache Walk On

Nope, I had the better chances. Bottom line, don't argue with me on my own media page :p Milan is no fluke, you should beat me any day with that squad. If you can't then that's a shame.

I think a lotta PS3 guys are on the same mindset with you :) Sony announced that they are shutting down PSN for good to be safe, and that the PS3 titles are still a lot of fun on single player mode. I'm just glad I have XBOX as well.

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Your media page is on my website... I'll post where i please. Facts are that Milan stopped IBB cold today and if you want to give all the credit to the ratings then go ahead.. You chose your team, I didn't... and the ratings didn't seem to matter last week.

I beat a good Instanbul team today.. and the coach was a part of it... see you next time.

12. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Good, you can take Juve.. I've grown tired of Iaquinta :oops:

13. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Wow, very classy in defeat I see. :doodie:

14. hedache

hedache Walk On

Istan-bullying in my lowly style :D

It makes me sad that people complain about my snide remarks and classic emoticons constantly. Relax people, it's a video game not real competition. I'm just trying to give you a taste of the stupid Turkish media here. Instead of laughing, you guys get pissy. If winning really meant a lot to me, I wouldn't have picked Istanbul. I'm not a retard.

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I might believe you and would have let it go if I didn't see the same diatribe about ratings from you Xbl message after the game. Are you saying that was for fun too? Just saying GG... Without all the extra commentary would have been more appropriate.

16. hedache

hedache Walk On

My XBL message had no bad intentions at all. It was a good game, and I was sharing my thoughts on the game. I do that often. Ask Kreb. After games we have many of those back and forth. Since you chose not to be in a party for any conversation during the game, I'm guessing you misunderstood my mood. I am no sore loser, especially when I'm losing to AC Milan with Istanbul BB. (If I felt like you beat me unfair with cheating tactics or something, I would have been, but it was a good game). In reality it is no surprise, why should I be pissy about it. And I am having trouble understanding your behaviour as well, it's not like I beat you and on top of it I'm mocking you or rubbing it on your face.

Either way, I'm getting to know you guys one by one. I had the wrong impression from our last conversation on XBL, I'll adjust my communication with you accordingly from here on. Sorry about the confusion I created for last night. It was not intended to hurt your feelings. You beat me fair and square.

17. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

[​IMG]

18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

It's cool, I just lose a lot of games... And I never make excuses, I just say gg. So when I win a game, is disheartning to hear that only ratings was the reason.

When I lose It's because I just suck... But if I win it's because I play with Milan?

• Like Like x 1
  19. hedache

hedache Walk On

I make excuses even when I'm not losing.

Disclaimer: My next statement excludes Ryno and all others that would be offended. It's not directed at any of you.

When I lose it's because you suck (not necessarily in skill :D you just suck for beating me)... If I win, it's despite I play with Istanbul.

Blaza, if you don't like this, I'll be sad :( I'll file discrimination charges against you!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

I've learned hedache is just hedache. He means no harm and his post game banter is always in good fun, even if it doesn't seem like it. If you really did something that upset him, I'd think it'd be rather clear. Otherwise, he's just having a go at you without any malice, in the name of fun. Makes things more interesting. :)

• Like Like x 1
  21. hedache

hedache Walk On

Thanks. Kreb is full of crap but I still like him. I say you have the priority right to be offended first from stuff I say. I give you shit all the time. But it's all to create controversy and material to talk about. Not to have hard feelings for each other. Like I said, I'm getting to know you one by one, so who's next? :)

22. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

wish I could say that... haha

23. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

LOL - this exactly.

Every time I'm reading through a thread where someone is getting pissed at hedache I think it's hilarious because people take what he's saying way too seriously.

24. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Your brand of futbol is similar to that of an inferior team, so of course you picked the inferior team :) (And just to clarify, this is in good fun as well)

25. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Wow I totally missed this thread. DAMMIT!!