It happened again

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by smace767, Dec 27, 2009.

1. smace767

smace767 Walk On

It happened again

Yes games got simmed.

only Mia, Gtech, ND and Fla have the actual game they played.

2. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Mine was simmed too, I just happened to win the sim, but lost Streeter for 6 weeks.

3. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

this is absolutely out of control. just to start the where did we go wrong thread out..... i have nothing from this game saved on my ps3 at all. no files!!! this past week i played my game on the same day as my recap. i used all my recruiting time before playing my game. i then played my game and won. after game was over i and i saw my game results on dynasty headquarters i backed out of dynasty and shut the game down. i DID NOT set ready to advance because i used all my recruiting time. I DO NOT have this file saved so i cannot provide a start point.

*im am going to uninstall ncaa from my ps3 now and then reinstall the game from scratch. i know this year is a different year then last, but i was in 3 dynasties last year and this never happened once.

4. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

5. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Thats a another kind of problem we dont have. With that one a user would play his game but after advance he is still on the old week. That was a save dynasty file error that is fixed by not saving the dynasty. Not an issue.

When i went looking before when it happen last time and what i didnt bring up, or want to, is that this issue in most cases is terminal. The dynasty it self gets infected so to speak so no matter who gets the file and starts it up again, its still coming from the same file originally. To the point. This dynasty is done.

Now i did try to find a way to keep our teams. I am attached to my team. I have saved the file now to an offline dynasty so i can keep with my players.

The thing some guys do is have someone edit all the user teams to the dynasty roster ratings and start fresh back in 2009 with the user teams edited to the 2012 rosters. Some guys kept their NCAA 2009 dynasties going in the new 2010 game that way. By editing the dynasty rosters of user teams to what they were in their ncaa 2009 dynasty.

What i can also suggest is advance a dynasty in the future and have users play with their team in that future year. Could be a huge challenge since rosters could be crazy compared to how you want to play.
    I like these kind of challenges. I do have a dynasty that is at 2015 or 2018 i cant remember. It takes a while to sim a whole season.

I would not be in if we were to restart back to 2009 with 2009 rosters. If we advance past 2012 i would take Alabama regardless of what the roster looks like. Like i said i have a dynasty that is advanced to 2015 or 2018, I never played a game and i was Colorado. Did it just to see proggression. Hood could be the commish again and he could send invites to all the same teams and users for this future year.

Edit: the one thing is Notre Dame would still be An independent. and conf are not set for mine.
    If some one started a new dynasty and realigned and then advanced we could have the conf set the way we have now, and someone will advance it to 2013. I am gonna do this regardless of, if we as a group decide to do this. I will just have a dynasty in our configuration advance to 2013 preseason ready to go. would not be ready until Mon, but its an option.

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I was told that once it starts getting goofy that it won't stop.

7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

this fucking sucks. i think it would take a lot to have us create our rosters/edit to get the guys right. i too love my team. the recruits im starting to bring in are giong to form a good run. THEN THE GAME FILE FUCKS UP! i wouldn't want to restart, but i dont want to lose what we have. i wish there was an answer and a final answer that we could get from an EA member without getting the run around. it seems like we buy these games and then ur screwed with what u have with no support. whatever u guys decide to do im completely down with i guess. on a side note i am going to start playing on a different ps3 if we keep this file to eliminate any problems my ps3 could possibly be causing.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

So you guys deleted the original dynasty, and had someone new host the file?

because we did that after the second time and have not seen issues since..

9. smace767

smace767 Walk On

did that three times.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

try emailing one of the ea sports guys...

actually, I'd ask ryno or drifter about whoever the guy was that was on here when we were having the DC issues..

I'm pretty sure it was Russ Kinery

11. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i know we used a file we saved as offline dynasty and then re-created as online and invited everybody. at that point we used a new commisioner. we actually are on our "3rd" commisioner from that aspect.

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I know you guys have went through this a lot, but does everyone know exactly how to delete the "saved" OD files? By going to your hard drive and manually deleting them all.

It is okay, once in the OD, to use the "Save as an Offline Dynasty" option.

Another thing I can think of is for everyone to use the "ready to advance" option when they are done, and to take everyone off auto pilot when advancing.

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

By "we saved as offline dynasty" do you mean:

You saved when prompted to select yes or no upon entering the OD..
    or
    You saved AFTER you were in the OD with the option I described in my previous post?

because if you did #1 that is your problem

14. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i can only speak for myself on this one, but yes i definately have everything deleted. the only thing i haven't deleted at this point is the game itself. i will just delete it and install it along with updates on secondary ps3. just sucks that i will have to string an ethernet cable through the house now.

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

but when you saved the OD so you could reinvite everyone...

how did you do it?

Did you save when it asked you yes or no BEFORE entering the OD, or
    did you save AFTER you entered the OD with the "save as offline dynasty" option?

16. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Good lookin out but, we all dont save the OD file. we already know that the saved data utility stores the saved dynasty files and you delete from there. This is the 5th time actually we went through this. Three times with hood as commish, once with shadow, now with g-unit as commish.

We have, at least i have, gone through op sports, Ncaa strategies, gamespot forums, EA site, and Googled the problem and went through the 5 pages of results. and have a good general understanding of most fixes. The thing is in about half the cases, nothing fixes it.
    You guys, in your dynasty might have been in the positive half of that, It looks like we are in the negative half of the draw.

Edit: we reload the dynasty be logging in, converting to offline and onverting back to an online dynasty with a new commish. We did use the other method of using a saved od file from before you log when asked the first two times. That is how it should be done but since we did not use my file i can not say thats how, who ever saved the file, did it that way.

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Best bet would be to try and email Russ or restart then I suppose...

gl

18. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Actually since I have been in this dynasty, the previous offseason, hasn't GUnit the only one who has hosted the dynasty?

19. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Hood was the commish first 2 plus seasons. starting week 2 of season 3.

Shadow was the acting advance commish, until after the SEC championship last season.

Gunit took over.
    I dont see your point. you been in since the end of season 3 until now, season 4.
    Are you saying i made some shit up?

To explain for all.

The first two times we tried to reload the dynasty with hood.
    The third time we created a new dynasty by using the offline dynasty and start a new dynasty with hood still as the commish. It happened again. We used an offline dynasty and made shadow commish. It happened again. we created an offline dynasty and made gunit commish. It has happened again.

Lets get back to my earlier post and what do we do now.

20. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Hack has the contact information of a guy we used when another PS league was having file issues. Let's see if we can get into contact with him and have him look into the server side of things to see what the hell is going on.

It would be my best guess to assume that he is going to want a full history of the problems and the steps you guys took to correct it. So it might be useful for someone to put together a complete log to show everything that happened (who was hosting, approximately when problems were noticed, etc, problems that occurred, etc).

21. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

thanks drifter. im sure by tomorrow we should havve a detailed report of things. smace usually types his ass off, but hoodlum is commisioner and im sure he could or would do just the same. its a matter of him getting home and seeing things have went to hell again.

22. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

My point, and you confirmed it, was that GUnit has been the comissioner the whole time I have been in dynasty, and it has happened twice.

23. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

3 things.

1. my file was messed up too. i won last week and i had a loss this week. if it helps things at all i was one of the first ones done this week. if not the first i had to have been second.

2. maybe we have whoever's file is closest now sim past the end of the week he is in. (do not keep the one game they have played on saved fil done and invite users to finish the rest of the games for the week. instead whoever has that file supersim the rest of the week for all of us. once done advance to the next week. at that point erveybody should have once again made sure their hd's are erased. then we start again at the beginning of the week. we may have tried that exact way, but i dont know if we have done it that way.

3. i think the most important thing is to contact this EA guy with a detailed report

24. smace767

smace767 Walk On

my bad it has happened 5 times.

The problem goes way before G-unit was commmish, with 2 other guys. Gunit has only been commish the bowl season last year, and this year, season 4, up to week 7.
    my point of my original post was we had three commishs who hosted, and you posted in response with quotes, hasnt gunit been the commish the whole time, to be in the dynasty a total of 6 weeks of dynasty time and say the whole time is misleading. you responded to my post like i said something incorrect.

you still have me lost with your point. Hoods been commish, shadow has been commish, now gunit is commish.

actually as i type i dont think we had this problem when shadow was commish. He just moved on to do other things.

25. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I believe last time this happened we narrowed it down to TRude and Drunken that had issues with their files. I have no idea why this keeps happening or why my game wasn't registered correctly since I have been following the protocol we came up with last time. One thing I do know is we are not starting over, there has to be a way to get this back on track.