It is with great sadness .....

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Danthraxxx, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

TMFL

terrell_owens_crying.jpg

That I am going to take a shot at taking over the waivers for fuzzy , however when I start classes again in May I may need to share it with somebody 50/50.

As for right now I would like somebody to volunteer to help me get started with taking over the duties. I basically an extra set of eyes , and somebody else to post & track movement with me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Thanks, I won't have the time for it anymore once the new job starts (as you already know). You can talk with Shaun about how to better handle the "busy" season of waivers (right after the draft).

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Oh I have already been studying how I am going to run things

vince-mcmahon.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Well look at you and your big boy job with your big boy pants lol......congrats dude welcome to the real world. Its 4 AM and my day has started

• Like Like x 1
  5. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Dan if you havent found anybody yet, I could help you out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Danthraxxx Let me know in what capacity you want/ need help and Ill be there for you.

• Like Like x 2
  7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Perfect theme song for you Dan!

• Like Like x 4
  8. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Hope you got your gameface on for Sunday night, Monday AM... :nailbiting:

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

funny you should mention that :D

10. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

11. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

@TMFL

Just wanted to update the league on the change in waiver format for the upcoming season on TMFL.

Going forward the process will be similar but some key differences that I will cover now, there is also an explanation of how the order & claims works. If any of this is unclear please PM myself or antcap24 for clarity.

1st big change is how the process of making a claim will work. Going forward when making a claim you will PM myself and AntCap, not either or but both and if we are both not in the PM it will not be valid. Do not post in the waiver order list; this is just the list for viewing your order position. This way the process is less likely to have cherry picking going on or the need to edit your post before you are SOL on your claim.

2nd change is that we will now require the players to be ordered in preference, and number in preference of player in that position. For example, if you need a LG but are concerned your first choice will be taken list the two LG’s side by side , ordered 1-2 or A-B. When this is done we will reply back with your PM that you will need to select a different player if said two players are already claimed before you posted. We will be as pro-active as possible in this process.

The waiver order and claims will work as follows :

Start the order as the draft order from the previous year. The person who drafts first will have the first spot in the waiver wire, second draft pick has second spot, etc..

As people make their picks, they move to the back of the line. For instance, take this 5 man league: A,B,C,D,E.

Draft order: A,B,C,D,E
    Waiver Wire order: A,B,C,D,E

In week one, Team B and D pick up free agents off of waivers. So the new waiver order for the following week would be A,C,E,B,D. Notice that team B stays ahead of team D because they both took players in the same week. The order by which they posted on the forum has no bearing whatsoever on the waiver wire - if two users claim players off of waivers in the same week, the order in regards to those users will not change given that they take the same number of unique players.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets go back to the original waiver wire order: A,B,C,D,E - for simplicity's sake. Now, there was a pair of caveats in my last example: given that they take the same number of unique players. We know that often times in Week one, users will claim multiple players off of waivers to try and make their roster as complete as possible. Also in Week one, multiple users will try to claim the same player. Lets first look at a situation where multiple players are taken, but they are all unique. Say A claims Player 1 and Player 2; B claims Player 3, Player 4, and Player 5, and C claims player 6:

Since A is first, he gets his first choice and Player 1 goes to him. A will then move to the back end of the waiver wire. (Waiver Wire: B,C,D,E,A)
    User B is now at the front of the waiver wire, and receives his claim on Player 3. B moves to the back of the waiver wire (Waiver Wire: C,D,E,A,B)
    Same process for user C. C receives player 6 (Waiver Wire: D,E,A,B,C)
    Since D and E don't have any claims, we are back to A. A will receive his second claim and once again move back. (Waiver Wire, D,E,B,A,C)
    B is now up, and receives his claim on player 4 (Waiver Wire: D,E,A,C,B)
    Lastly, B is the only remaining player with a claim remaining, so he receives player 5 and stays in back of the Waiver Wire (Waiver Wire to begin the next week: D,E,A,C,B)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

If two or more users claim the same player, the user highest on the waiver wire will receive him. So, let's do one final example tying everything together. Again, start from the original Waiver Wire (A,B,C,D,E)
    A - Claims Player 2, Player 4
    D - Claims Player 1, Player 5, Player 7
    E - Claims Player 1, Player 2, Player 3, Player 6
    B - Claims Player 3, Player 8
    C - Claims Player 1

Remember, the order in which the claims are made does not matter. Start from the waiver wire:
    A Claims Player 2 (Waiver Wire: B,C,D,E,A)
    B Claims Player 3 (Waiver Wire: C,D,E,A,B)
    C Claims Player 1 (Waiver Wire: D,E,A,B,C)
    D Claims Player 5, because he was the next player on his list and Player 1 went to C (Waiver Wire: E,A,B,C,D)
    E Claims Player 6, because he is the top remaining choice available for E (Waiver Wire: A,B,C,D,E)
    A Claims Player 4 (Waiver Wire: B,C,D,E,A)
    B Claims Player 8 (Waiver Wire: C,D,E,A,B)
    D Claims Player 7, because C has made all it's claims and D is next on the Waiver Wire (Waiver Wire to begin the next week: C,E,A,B,D)

With all of this said we feel this is the best way to improve this process in order to be fairer. There are a few things that you may be concerned with so I will address the two obvious ones now. Any other concerns please again PM myself or AntCap.

1.What if I place my claim late because I was not able to earlier in the day ?
    Answer – There will be a cutoff time that I will update before we finish the off season this year. I need this time to work for both AntCap and myself.
    2. How do I know I will get update in enough time if my players are already claimed when I tried to claim them ?
    Answer – Ant & I will have a good excel list of players and who claimed who, this should allow us to know quickly that the players are not going to go to you and we will reply quickly to let you know.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013