It's about that time ................

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

For those of you guys outside the SEC who may not be aware week 12 and 13 will be big weeks for the greatest conference in the country.
    Week 12
    [​IMG]at [​IMG]
    And in
    Week 13
    [​IMG] at [​IMG]
    These are both games that will impact the SEC title and perhaps the BCS.
    Now i cant hype up the Battle for the Boot game in week 13 for the Tigers and the Hogs
    BUT..........
    I can send a message to
    South Carolina
    See you Week 12 !!!!!
    @Fight'n Hokie
    @OnIowa
    @thatguy188
    @csboiler05
    @jv9179razorback
    @csboiler05
    @maij17
    @ChildPlease9
    @LeatherHelmets
    @nrg_qbz-_-
    @ChaoticUT

2. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Knock off all the one loss teams...I'm banking on someone choking and making it to the BCS title

3. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Damn I should have waited another year and hopped over to the SEC!!

I think as we progress we should entertain the idea of aligning all our users into 2-3 conferences, especially ones with a championship. It would help with parity, making schedules, user vs user games, and would increase the rivalries/ "games that mean something" factor 10 fold.

4. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

i lost to bama so, im pissed lol, but i still want that boot!!!!

5. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Yeah that would be pretty sweet. It just seems that we're in too deep at this stage...but it could possibly happen.

6. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Its up to you guys to all align yourself inside of a championship based conference. I think like you guys on this, if we were all in championship based conferences the user games and rivalries would be more meaningful.

7. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Right now were alligned inside like this

4- SEC
    2 - Big 10
    1- Independent
    2- PAC 10
    1- ACC
    2- Big 12

If any of you guys are looking to make something like us alligning inside a closer knit conference then lets get together and figure something out. I would be willing to allow some team swaps/contract switches in order to make this happen. Just let me know who is actually interested.

@Fight'n Hokie
    @OnIowa
    @thatguy188
    @csboiler05
    @jv9179razorback
    @csboiler05
    @maij17
    @ChildPlease9
    @LeatherHelmets
    @nrg_qbz-_-
    @ChaoticUT

8. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Hmm...should we do re-align, I would have to imagine that we would keep the SEC since there is already 4 users in that league lol.

9. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

interesting......

10. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Im open to suggestions. I would really like no more than 4 in a conference.

11. maij17

so the ACC or the Big Texas Conference, hmmmmmmm

on a side note, can't wait for NCAA 12, I will own the PAC-12, 6'4'' 215lbs Brett Hundley, Go Bruins!!!!!!

12. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Being new to the league and having not invested anywhere near the time that any of you have put into your teams I'm open to and would support the wishes of the majority of the league.

That being said.......it makes sense to have fewer conferences, with more members to increase the value of user to user games..right now 12 teams in 6 conferences is quite a spread.

Either 4 conferences of 3 teams or 3 conferences of 4 teams looks like a way of narrowing down the # of conferences with minimal impact. I am a long time PAC 10 fan....but am more than

willing to go into another conference to make it work for the league.....being a NCAA 11 rookie the new sliders are going to be a challenge so am looking right now at 1-2* teams.....appreciate

the opportunity for input...and being a member of a active, stable, well organized league!

13. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I dont suppose it would have to be a conf with a championship but that would be ideal. Whatever we decide I am willing to give incentives and make contract acceptions for those who choose to relocate.

14. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

An ideal situation would be say 4 in ACC, SEC, and Big 12. However i doubt everyone would get on board with this idea. But again if this is something that majority would like to see happen there could be incentives for people leaving their school to go to a set conference such as no * caliber restrictions etc.

Just let me know what you guys think and who is willing to do what

15. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

I like it at ND but would consider switching if there were no caliber restrictions...I don't really want to take a step back and go to a team way worse than where I'm at

16. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Like i said if this is something that everyone is interested in then i would do my part to get everyone on board. Some things would go into play though. Such as if your school is in worse shape than someone else moving to the conference the person that is leaving the better team would get first choosing. That way like OnIowa said someone wouldnt be leaving a great team for a bottom feeder.

17. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

I dont think we need to drop how we do things to get us aligned. Just be more conscious when the time comes

Lets take last year for example- I was in the Big 10, Nrg was in the SEC, and Sabo was in the Big 12
    This year- Im in the Big 12, Nrg is in the Big 10, and Sabo is in the SEC

If there would have been some sort of discussion maybe we could have gotten all 3 of us to the same conference.

18. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

I'm game for anything...this coming from a guy with a top 5 recruiting class at Michigan! If I have to take a lower rated team, that's not going to be a big deal to me.

19. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Not so much taking a lower level team, I just don't want to end up going from ND to like Duke or something...but either way you guys know I'm on board for anything

20. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Yeah I know what you mean, OnIowa...I wouldn't want that either, although I don't think it'll be that extreme for any one division. I would be interested in any of the divisions, although I'm not too keen on the PAC-10 as I'm already the Ducks in another dynasty. I just left the Big 12 and thoroughly enjoying the Big 10, but I'm open to rejoining. Naturally, if a team has some nice uniforms, I'll probably pick them even if they're a D-rated team lol.

21. maij17

yea I'm all about the uni's also

22. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Here are some noteable teams that are not represented out of the ACC and Big 12
    Some of the guys are eligable for team swap. I dont want to get out of hand with guys that are already in the out lined conferences but this is just how things look as of now. Also something to think on is if your at a mid level school dont expect a hop to a powerhouse. Some guidlines will apply ofcourse. Lets keep this discussion going until everyone has a chance to voice their opinion. The main guys im looking to hear from are those outside of these 3 conferences.

ACC
    Atlantic
    Boston Coll
    Clemson
    Florida St.
    Maryland
    N.C. State
    Wake Forest

Coastal
    Miami - Taken
    Duke
    Georgia Tech
    North Carolina
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech

Big 12
    North
    Nebraska
    Colorado
    Iowa St.
    Kansas
    Kansas St.
    Missouri

South
    Baylor
    Oklahoma
    Oklahoma State - Taken - Eligiable for team swap
    Texas A&M- Taken
    Texas
    Texas Tech

Southeastern
    East
    Florida
    Georgia - Taken
    Kentucky
    South Carolina - Taken
    Tennessee
    Vanderbilt

West

Alabama
    Arkansas - Taken but eligiable for team swap
    Auburn
    LSU - Taken
    Mississippi
    Mississippi St.

23. maij17

I'm all for it, think it can add a little something for us since we have a little over 5 months left until the new game, we will be battling over titles, recruits, hell everything.

24. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

I might be interested...it would depend on what kind of restrictions we have in terms of swapping teams.

25. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish