Its All About The U!!! (NCAA 12)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by YoungC_804, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungC_804

YoungC_804 Walk On

Welcome to the Miami Hurricanes section of the Miami Herald, where you can get your up to the minute info on everything related to Hurricane football.

2. YoungC_804

YoungC_804 Walk On

3. YoungC_804

YoungC_804 Walk On

Sept. 6 (AP) Fresh off of allegations in which 72 former and current players have been named to as having accepted extra benefits, Coach Golden and his Miami Hurricane team looked forward to finally playing a game. After hearing over the past couple of weeks how Miami was going to receive the "death penalty," coach Golden stated, "Its good to finally get the season started and put these distractions behind us." The way the Hurricanes came out, you would have thought that the negative energy fueled them, as they dismantled the Maryland Terrapins 76-7, in this ACC opener for both teams.

Miami's Junior running back Lamar Miller led the way with 198 yds and 3 TDs on 11 carries, as he led a ground attack that rushed for over 360 yards. Asked what he thought of his performance in the opener, Miller said "coming into the season, I told you guys with our offensive line and the great backs we have that if I get the ball at least 15 times I will rush for over 150 yards per game. With all the distractions and everything going on, we just focused on us and the goals we are trying to accomplish, everything else we're not worried about."

Senior QB Jacory Harris who was 1 of the players who alleged received extra benefits played ok in the opener as he was 10-18 175 yds 1 TD, but the key stat is ZERO INTS. When asked how he think he played, he replied "I think I did a good job of managing the game, going through my progressions and not forcing throws. Obviously with the way our O-Line performed and Lamar, Mike James (75 yds, 3TDs) and Darion Hall (69 yds, 2 TDs), I didn't have to try to take the game over. I felt this was a total team effort and we came out to prove that we're focused on US and not the outside." When asked about the allegations, Jacory replied with a "NO COMMENT" and walked away.

Miami's offense gained over 500 yds in total offense, while holding the Terps to 220 yds. Coming into the season Miami was concerned about its depth and experience in its secondary, with 3 corners leaving to go to the NFL and with only 1 CB (Brandon McGee) returning with any type of game experience. If today was any indication, Miami's Defense is going to be one of the best as they forced 5 INTs and had 4 sack. Led by Junior Brandon McGee with 2 INTs and 4 tackles, Miami was able to shut down a offense that returned most of its key peices. When asked how he thought the DEF played today, Def. Cordinator Mark D'Onofrio said "This is what we trained all off season for. I like that we were aggressive in attacking the ball but I dont like the way we tackled primarily. I feel we didnt wrap up, went for alot of kill shots and didnt use fundamentals. It is my job to put us in best position to make plays but for this to be the 1st game of the season I was pleased."

When asked what he thought of his team's overall performance amid everything surrounding the program, Golden said "Im proud of the way of kids came out and performed. With all the allegations, distractions we could have easily folded up, but these kids showed heart, focus, determination and proved that it doesnt matter what the outside thinks, all that matters is what these 70 kids and 9 coaches think. We still have a long season to go but I was pleased how everyone is buying into the system and trusting with the coaches are telling them. If were can continue to get better everyday and stick to our core values, I think this season will be a pretty good one."

Miami is off this week as it prepares for its September 17th showdown with #6 Ohio State. With all the allegations and distractions facing these 2 programs, we can expect alot of storylines heading into this game.

• Like Like x 2
  4. YoungC_804

YoungC_804 Walk On

Sept 17 (AP) With over 10 days leading up to the anticipated match-up with #19 Ohio State, Miami had to endure with more unneeded press and headlines. With the game being unofficially titled the "IneligiBOWL" after a summer of wild allegations against these 2 traditional powerhouses, Miami just looked forward to getting back on the field.

In what started off as a defensive struggle for 3 quarters, Miami was able to finally pull away with a 31-17 victory. Leading the way for Miami was Junior running back Lamar Miller who ran for 113 yard and 3 TDs on 22 carries. The story of the game was the Miami's defense as it shut down the Ohio State offense, holding the Buckeyes to 175 yards offensively, while sacking Quarterback Joe Bauserman 8 times and also having 17 tackles for loss. Adewale Ojomo led the defense with 7 tackles, 5 TFL and 4.5 sacks.

When asked what he thought of his team's 2nd impressive performance in a row, Coach Al Golden stated, "Defensively we came out today and played with the fire and passion that a Miami Hurricane team should play with. I thought we tackled extremely well today except for a few plays, but offensively we weren't as sharp as we were against Maryland. You have to give that credit to Ohio State as they came out physical and forced Jacory to throw a couple of picks. I felt the O-Line didnt fire off and finish blocks like they did in the previous game. Im glad we were able to pull out this victory against a gritty Ohio State team, who has had to endear as much negative publicity as we have. I just want us to continue to get better each day and hopefully sometime soon we can put together a complete team effort offensively, defensively and special teams."

Miami did not make available any of its players to the media because last week they let the media know not to ask about the allegations into the rogue booster. Next week Miami hosts Kansas State, who brings in the Brown brothers (Bryce and Arthur), who were both at one time a Miami commit and a Miami player and Ohio State looks to bounce back from back to back crushing loses as they host Colorado.

5. YoungC_804

YoungC_804 Walk On

Sept 24 (AP) Coming off an emotional and hard fought win against Ohio State, the 22nd ranked Miami Hurricanes welcomed an undefeated Kansas State team to Sun Life Stadium. In a game that pitted 2 former #1 overall recruits (Bryce & Arthur Brown), who both at 1 time Miami commit/player, Miami looked to continue riding the emotional wave of the me against the world mentality.

Miami once again started off slow as they missed 2 fgs and threw 2 picks in the 1st quarter as the score remained tied at zero at the end of the 1st. Realizing that Senior Quarterback Jacory Harris seems to be somewhat distracted and unfocused was benched in the 3rd quarter after throwing his 3rd INT of the game, forced Miami turned to its running game and Lamar Miller. Lamar Miller was able to run past and thru the Wildcat defense for the tune of 168 yards and 3 TDs on 22 carries. With Miller running and the defense playing by far its best game of the season, Miami was able to win 38-0.

When asked about the game Lamar Miller said, "I think we played a pretty good game. We came out a little too hype being that we were playing against some guys that were here and we turned the ball over and missed field goals. Coach Golden told us to calm down and play Hurricane football and thats when we began to take over. My offensive line opened up alot of holes for me today and my success is all because of those guys."

Defensive Coordinator Mark D'Onofrio was quoted as saying, "WOW!!! In all the years I've coached, I've never had a defense hold a team to under 50 yards total offense. That says alot about the players we have, the coaching staff. Everyone is buying into the system, playing smart and fast and using fundamentals." Miami's defense came into the game rated as a Top 10 defense but after the way they played today, you would have a hard time telling me they are #1. Just looking at these stats, 41 total yards of offense, -37 yards rushing, 19 tackles for loss, 5 sacks, 1 INT, 1-13 on 3rd down.

Coach Golden thought his team played good but thinks they can play even better. "We have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot with these turnovers and missed field goals. Today Jacory didnt play his best game, as he forced throws and didnt check the ball down. I felt the defense today played as well as you can ask a defense to play and offensively the running game is getting to where we want it to be. Obviously the passing game isnt what we imagine and we as a staff have to put our players in positions to be successful." When asked if Jacory is still the starter Golden replied,"As of right now, yes. Once we get back to the Hecht Center, we will go over film, see what happened on certain plays and go from there. Im sure Jacory isnt satisfied in his play as he is his toughest critic, but my job as head coach is to put the best 22 players on the field. If we feel Stephen Morris gives us the best chance to win, we'll go with that but as of RIGHT NOW, Jacory is still our starter.

Miami will enjoy having a 3rd straight home game as it hosts Florida International next week before going on the road for 2 tough road games against Virginia Tech and North Carolina, as those 2 games will probably decide who will win the Coastal Division.

6. YoungC_804

YoungC_804 Walk On

AP (Oct 1)

Miami won 72-7 against Florida International. Sean Spence led a Miami defense with 7 tackles, 7 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF, as the defense accounted for 29, yes 29 tackles for loss, 7 sacks, 3 INTS, 3 FF, 2 FR. Lamar Miller continued his fine season with 205 yards, 4 TD on 21 carries and Jacory Harris has been benched for the season after another dismal performance where he went 3-12 30 yds and 3 INT. Miami is on the road next week against Virginia Tech.

7. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Chris, you threw a TD pass with 37 seconds left. Come on, man!

8. YoungC_804

YoungC_804 Walk On

I actually didnt do that, I let my lil brother play the last 3 mins of the 3rd and the 4th quarter and I told him not to throw any passes, while i take a shower...I went to the bathroom and I came back he scored...I took all my starters out in the 3rd quarter...if you want me to play it again i will though

9. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Always blame it on the little brother.

• Like Like x 1
  10. YoungC_804

YoungC_804 Walk On

lol im serious though...i put him in the full nelson cuz i knew i would hear it from yall lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.