Its been delayed but here it goes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Aug 26, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Its been delayed but here it goes

I'll post this up here very shortly (15-20 mins). This is what I am telling the league:

First - Selah. Everything stops completely for today. Season starts Friday Morning at 1 am central (thursday night). EVERYTHING, AND I MEAN ALL THINGS ARE NOW LOCKED! The only things that are not locked are the open bids which are in FA's right now. Those bids are actually closed and those owners have 24 hours to send Dunn a blind bid via PM and the winners will be announced tomorrow morning. No more fa's can be bid or nor can any more players be released or traded. Rosters are locked until after you play your week 1 game. All teams MUST be at 53 players and under the cap by the time we advance to week 2.

Second - Schedule. The league games may start to be played at 1 am Friday morning/thursday night. You will have until Saturday to make a post to schedule your game and until Tuesday to play. Wednesday is an emergency day for all games.

Third - Current FA Bids. All fa's that are currently started right now may have 1 last blind bid sent to the fa rep's. Reps please go through all open threads which are not closed because of the 24 hour deadline and send messages to those owners asking for ONE last blind bid. Let's get those, hand out a winner, and move on. Again, those bids are actually closed and those owners have 24 hours to send Dunn a blind bid via PM and the winners will be announced tomorrow morning.

Forth - Fa Bids. We will implement an easy to read chart for ALL Fa's and players from this moment forward. What we had was a great start. It's funny because that chart closely resembles what Win and I came up with to start, but the call for more realism just got the chart out of hand. What we started with was a great starting point to get all out of the box players a salary and the league a cap.

This is the new chart for EVERY PLAYER who does not have a contract on a team right now. This means every FA and every player who is CUT from this movement forward. We will have 10 players or so who have crazy contracts, but we found the problem fast and it will work itself out.

Here is the chart:
    OVR Salary Range Min Bonus
    0-50 150,000 - 450,000 0
    51-55 200,000 - 600,000 0
    56-60 250,000 - 750,000 0
    61-65 300,000 - 900,000 10000
    66-70 400,000 - 1,200,000 25000
    71-75 500,000 - 1,500,000 50000
    76-80 600,000 - 1,800,000 100000
    81-85 750,000 - 2,250,000 250000
    86-90 1,000,000 - 3,000,000 500000
    91-94 2,000,000 - 6,000,000 750000
    95-99 3,000,000 - 9,000,000 1000000

Simple - look up a players overall, see where his salary min starts and what the ceiling is on that player, what his minimum bonus is, and what his positional max modifier is (found on first page of capbook).

All bids must start at the minimum base and bonus in the chart above, and the modifier must be what he is on your team AT MINIMUM. (ex I say a 99 ov hb, he must be signed to the max mod for hb because he is my #1 guy, but if I sign a 42 ov cb his mod may start at the lowest modifier for that position because he is simply a back up).

When re-bidding you must increase the base, bonus, or modifier which will increase the total contract. Once the ceiling has been hit for his overall (chart above) you may ONLY increase the Mod and/or bonus. Once the Base and the Mod Max's have been reached you may ONLY adjust the BONUS. Bonus has no max and may go as high as the GM wants to bid.

Fifth - Position changes. We tried to make this super easy to understand and kill a bunch of birds with one stone. I think we have that with this chart. This sums up what to do with your depth chart, what positions a player can play as a back up, and what positions a player can move to full time.

ALL formation subs are allowed EXCEPT for HB/FB formation sub. You may NEVER put a HB at the FB position. YOU MAY NOT USE A FORMATION SUB ALL GAME LONG (EX - SUB HB ALL GAME TO PLAY YOUR BACK UP, OLB SWAP, ECT. FORMATION SUBS FOR FOR 1-2 PLAYS AT A TIME ONLY. IF YOU ARE CAUGHT USING FORMATION SUBS FOR LONG PERIOD OF TIME YOU MAY BE BOOTED)

Full Time Positions Changes:
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Cap Book listed Position Position allowed to change to Secondary position allowed to change to
    QB No Position Swap allowed No Secondary Position Swap allowed
    HB WR if Catch is at least 65 or more No Secondary Position Swap allowed
    FB TE if Speed is less than 90 & Catch is more than 65 No Secondary Position Swap allowed
    TE FB if Speed is less than 90 WR if Catch is more than 65
    WR No Position Swap allowed No Secondary Position Swap allowed
    T No Position Swap allowed No Secondary Position Swap allowed
    G C No Secondary Position Swap allowed
    C G No Secondary Position Swap allowed
    DE DT if Weighs 280 lbs or more, Speed less than 85, and Strength is 87 or more OLB if Weighs 250 lbs or more, Speed is 85 or less, and Acceleration is 90 or below
    DT DE if Strength is more than 85 and Speed is less than 85. No Secondary Position Swap allowed
    OLB MLB DE if Weighs 255 lbs or more, Speed is 85 or more, and Strength is 75 or more
    MLB OLB No Secondary Position Swap allowed
    CB FS if Speed is 87 or less. SS if Speed is 87 or less.
    FS SS if Speed is 87 or less. CB if Speed is 87 or less.
    SS FS if Speed is 87 or less. CB if Speed is 87 or less.
    K No Position Swaps allowed No Secondary Position Swap allowed
    P No position Swaps allowed No Secondary Position Swap allowed

* If you are running a 'multi defense' then you will set our depth chart up as BOTH 4/3 and 3/4. This only comes in to play with the DT and the MLB positions. For multi defense you must have a DT and the TOP 2 DT positions, and at the MLB position you must have a MLB at the TOP 2 MLB positions.

If it is listed on this chart then it is allowed. STARTING PLAYERS MUST BE PLAYING THE POSITION THAT THEY ARE LISTED AT THE CAPBOOK. (EX: qb, rb, 1st fb, 1st-4th wrs, 1st-2nd tes, t, 1st g, 1st c, 1st de, 1st-2nd dt - 1st dt if 3/4, 1st rolb, 1st mlb - 1st-2nd mlb if 3/4 or multi, 1st lolb, 1st-4th cb, 1st-fs, 1st-ss) THIS MEANS IF THEY ARE NOT LISTED AS THAT POSITION IN THE CAPBOOK THEN THEY MAY NOT PLAY IN THE POSITIONS LISTED IN RED. THESE POSITIONS IN RED ARE FOR THE CAPBOOK LISTED POSITION FOR THE PLAYER ONLY. Back ups can be anyone who falls in this chart above.

If you want a player to start at a new position then you must follow the above chart and the following process. Position swaps must be declared in Team Management thread BEFORE the advance to the following week. All cap books must be signed off on and adjusted to fit these full time position swaps. When declaring the player you must post new position and overall. All players who move positions take on the #1 modifier of their new position. The player who was already in the #1 position, also keeps his #1 modifier, so you will have two players who are being paid a #1 modifier for that position. After a player has been posted and accepted, that is their new FULL TIME position and may NOT be changed again for that season. If you want to put them back, you must wait until after the season and treat them with the above chart as their current position. All restrictions are to be followed. WHEN A PLAYER MOVES POSITION, THAT IS THERE NEW POSITION AND ALL MADDEN MINIMUMS ARE REQUIRED. WHEN A PLAYER SWAPS POSITIONS, THAT IS THERE NEW FULL TIME POSITION AND ALL INJURIES, TRADES, AND RELEASES ARE HANDLED AS IF THE PLAYER MOVED WAS ALWAYS AT HIS NEW POSITION. (EX - YOU CAN NOT MOVE A OLB TO DE, HAVE AN INJURY AND MOVE HIM BACK. YOU MUST SIGN A OLB TO FILL THAT POSITION IF NEEDED). Remember that salaries never ever go down, unless a player is cut. So if you move a player back and forth, he always carries his highest salary with him.

Sci and Jeremy will be overseeing this process.

Sixth - Rule Book. I will take a gander at our rule book (and you can also) and take out and adjust any thing and all things that can be done to it. Let's try and get this thing smaller if possible. I know with the new rules and adjustments the rule book needs to be adjusted accordingly, so I will do so. I will also post Win's new links.

Seventh - Capbook Guidelines. Win is working on making it easier to understand and he wants your feedback on how to make it simpler.
    Here is our current attempt to make it easier to read:
    For IR players:https://docs.google.com/document/ed...uXWceOKZ83SEQp5B1qgs0&hl=en&authkey=CKHQ7oEN#

For the Salary Cap and Cap Hits portion of the OMFL rulebook, use this link: https://docs.google.com/document/ed...mO60xthzFrcrCHhEpb4qo&hl=en&authkey=CMusn5cN#

For the Free agency (Both offseason and in-season) and Draft portion of the OMFL rulebook use this link:
    https://docs.google.com/document/ed...-WFJzIOFE1qtE6VDsFaTo&hl=en&authkey=CMzM6eIB#

Eighth - Modifiers 1) Modifiers are only changes and set on how rosters are ordered during Week 1 of each season. They will not change again. until Week 1 of the following season.
    sterlingcoug
    2) Modifiers will never decrease, unless a player is cut into Free Agency.
    sterlingcoug
    3) All free agent signees will assume the contract and multiplier form the winning bid.

Ninth - When Modifiers are Locked: During the offseason should a player be cut/traded his backups do not move up in pay scale. Once the season begins all mods are locked in week 1 for the season. if a trade/release/signing happens then those mods dont get adjusted until the offseason.

are we good?

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Looks good to me. I would like to see FA be left open...but thats not a huge deal.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Thanks for adding Hb at WR spot but I don't want to see that taken advantage of so differentiate by saying 4th or 5th WR. I don't want to see Ladanian Tomlinson playing slot WR haha

4. natedawg212000

It says that. If you see the red we stated that a starter is 1-4 with wr.

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

good to me.

@Frisk if people abuse that then we'll just ban that formation sub entirely!

6. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

looks good guys

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I do have a question:

There are some teams that have not signed FAs won in their front office thread. These signings could affect modifiers for possible backups and the like.

Should I lock in modifiers based on what I see now, or wait until front office threads are updated?

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

Please wait until FA's and trades are completed

I am at work. . .until 5 pm ish. . . PACIFIC :D

9. natedawg212000

yes, I'd wait until they are finished. If a team isn't in any more bids (such as me) you can update them.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay then. I'll try to keep that in mind.

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

haha ok