it's been fun

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by slim, Dec 8, 2010.

1. slim

slim Walk On

but i gots to go. i just feel like with all the people leaving the sec lately it's almost like playing offline. thanks for having me.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You shouldn't quit on an OD because others are quitting... where's G-Unit with that picture?!

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Yeah, that is a pretty unfortunate excuse to leave, but it is what you make it.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Ask and you shall receive.....

[​IMG]

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Lol, well thanks for the laughs G, now I gotta refilll a league

6. slim

slim Walk On

i'm going to be honest - some of the best guys left. busted and i tried to get some interest going and do a media days thread and there's just no interaction. i really liked what titan brought to the table and he's gone. same with bkhog and alemic. if more people got involved it'd be a lot more exciting.

7. Iron Mickey

you avg about a post/per day on TF. You only need to look into the mirror

8. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Whoa whoa where does it tell us avg post per day?!?! I miss that from the old forums

9. Iron Mickey

Total Post Count / Divided by Join Date = BOOM Goes the Dynamite

I know though....i miss that feature too

10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Not trying to get an argument started within our forum, but I have to agree with GUnit, but not as direct at you. In order for the league to grow and be fun, guys need to contribute content. This is what we had...

Titan's Game of the Week feature...did it once for week 5.
    Alemic's College Gameday...did it once for week 6. (He got hired as content manager for TSO as a whole, so he had a legit reason for leaving)
    As well as the Interview's Alemic did one, Paw did one...hasn't been one since.
    Slim, your Media Day feature was a one and done as well. I read it, enjoyed it and was assuming you were going to be doing this for other guys as well.
    Game Summaries, we're not posting these. The majority, including myself, aren't doing these. Now, I have been slacking, mainly due to finals and the semester coming to an end, so I understand if you guys are in the same boat.

So therefore, for a league to flourish, it needs CONSISTENT content, not "Ok, I did one thing. I am contributing". Consistency. If the league isn't for you, then I don't want you to force yourself to stay, that goes for everyone.

11. slim

slim Walk On

cimmy, well said. i wasn't looking to get into it with anyone. i really enjoyed my time here. you run a tight ship which i really liked.

12. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

where have I been (FINALS WEEK AT WORK) lol yall got gangster real quick...

13. Iron Mickey

[​IMG]

14. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

I know I ain't the most involved with content. I'll be honest I have never added content to a league. I think we need communication, flexibility, and consistency first. I will try the content thing but I'll be honest I am not computer savy like some of you. I play games and will communicate that's old school. I mean I have given a summary of the games I play. Lately very short.... I'm still adapting to content side of an online league. I think we readjusted our league to have more user games when we really didn't have long time users and dedication. To me dedication is when you play the games and communicate. With being an older league guys are going to struggle to make the league a main priority. Especially when they have a family. I don't have kids or a wife but I do have a girlfriend and a full-time job as a counselor working with kids at home and school. Its craziness but I have almost always played a game in 2 days. But this ain't like have a family or being a single dad. If I'm unsure I let my rival (the guy I can't beat) know through text. But I try. We may need to consider spreading out in the conferences like we did before if we don't have veteran members. Less user games I mean. This sucks but if we don't have communication people are going get bored. Content is cool looking but if we don't have communication to set game times then we are lost. Content or not. I don't know just an idea. All I know is I am on and have not seen Toobac. I posted something on this board yesterday and I don't see a response from him. Not much I can do but wait. Even sent out a friend's request. This league has been great from the beginning. Running an online league is tough. You either got guys bitching or guys that just leave the picture usually (thankfully we have not had to much of either of these). Cimmy and Paw we are the original members who have kept with it (May have missed someone else). You two have done great...running 12 guys on the same path is rough.