It's been real.

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Shaun Mason, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Drifterbub
    OMlawdog
    jkhaalis991
    bringbackjimmy
    Bondzai
    JrRawlins
    PAgamer07
    JFace907
    Jmustang1968
    Timpegoose
    I Peench

I love you guys far more than is healthy for a group of guys with a friendship formed over video games.

With that said, per the request of the active members of the league, I am dropping out of The Deuce.

Simply put, I play Xbox as a social exercise far more than I play because I enjoy playing the games. There hasn't been a whole lot of that social engagement in the league for a long time and as a consequence I've lost interest. It has literally become a chore and there is little point in me delaying the decision hoping that will change.

This is a strong group of guys and the league has a good reputation so I'm sure filling my spot will be easy to do. I hope you guys don't take this personally, I consider you guys real friends in every sense of the word, and I hope you guys consider me the same.

Shaun

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]

Shaun Mason

This sucks.... but I understand..... i think alot of us will have to decide if we will continue to play or if the Deuce has ran its course...... At least we had some classic moments and laughs over the last 5 years..... it has been definitely been real.... take it easy my dude.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Sad to see you go, but theres no sense in going through the motions at this point if you don't enjoy the game.
    I'm all in moving forward - like the game and league. That said, it seems like there are a few guys on the fence. If we cant keep 8 plus guys, I don't see much sense in continuing with a bunch of filler

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Well we know we can't add guys because of the XP glitch so let's just figure out who wants to keep going and roll with it.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

FIFY

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I don't think anyone is on the fence. No one has at least come out and said it.

Everyone needs to do a better job of getting their games in.

7. I Peench

Weren't a few guys saying if they lost their jobs they wouldn't be interested in playing anymore. Not trying to start a fire, I'm optimistic we'll keep going strong.

8. Bondzai

I said that but I talk a lot of shit when I'm fired up. :)

I don't want to change jobs but I won't actually quit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

As long as I get a head coaching job if I'm fired, I'm cool with it. Coordinator I'd probably be bored out of my mind though to be honest.

10. Bondzai

Offensive coordinator would be fine since I suck so bad at defense.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I Peench

Haha fair enough...thought someone had indicated as much.

12. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

If I get fired again my interest level will definitely go down. Especially if I have to go to a non BCS school.

13. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Ok with Shaun done & Jface is going to get fired (sorry Face, but its going to happen) what are we going to do moving forward?

14. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

The worst part is, I'm just bad at the game. It's not a bad game, I'm just bad at it.

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    There are 10 guys in this league that will help you. You just have to open up and ask questions.

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    What can we do? We aren't restarting.

17. Bondzai

We just have to continue with whoever wants to stick it out.

18. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

First off, can someone look at my team and tell me what play style would fit me best? I'm a pro guy through and through, but have to be very versatile when I am taking new jobs every year with someone else's players.

19. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

The Deuce

the league is going down hill with the slow advances and ppl spread out so why not restart with the ppl still interested and go with a hard 24 hr adv if games get simmed so be it... maybe do less jkhaalis991 ing with the sliders so its easier for the ppl not so great with the game instead of trying to keep a certain few in check..

i think we should do a hard 24 adv no matter what.

20. I Peench

1. I don't get the sense we're going downhill at all. In fact, I think Shaun leaving has galvanized the group.
    2. We make these sliders any easier and I'll quickly lose interest. I need a competitive CPU to keep me interested.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Next time I'm on I'll take a look. Probably will look at some box scores as well and see what I can see.

22. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Bitch all you want about the gameplay, the games are very realistic provided you don't cheesedick the CPU.

23. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i wasn't bitching about gameplay i was saying we should make it easier so players who are struggling can amount some success. i am fine with the sliders, because its not the sliders that i have complaints about. my main complaint lay heavily on the crappy cover logic that ea left us with I.E cover 3 or 4 routinely getting beat over the top.

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think Pro style fits your needs. Most of your OL are good at pass blocking (except for your C) and you have 3-4 good WRs. I would focus on spreading it around and using the short passing game to open up the run. You have some good HBs and you are not using them enough. Establish the running game out of heavy sets (even heavy shotgun or pistol formations) and mix it up.

Your stats aren't bad. Just have to be more efficient.

25. I Peench

Let's link up for a game at some point, I'd be happy to help in any way I can.