Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Nov 18, 2011.
Just showing you guys whats in the wings....
Do we need to register on that site? Keller
Soon - I'm working out details currently.
Sweet. MLM kinda blew chunks.
It's been awful - nothing like it was billed as.... outside of Free Agency which I thought was amazing.
To join XFN
First you need to setup a login. To all of you who have played on XFN before, just use that (remember, we used it initially as well last year.)
If you need to create a login just go to http://xtreme-football.net/register and fill out the required info.
In order to join the league go to http://xtreme-football.net/leagues and in the "abbreviation" field type TMFL - our league should be the only league that shows up. Click join or whatever and I will get a notification to approve you for the league and put you on the proper team. I will let you know when you're approved on the forum.
Some things to keep in mind
1) You have to be apart of the XFN site in order to take part in the Draft that is fast approaching.
2) Contracts have not been ported over 1:1 or anything like that - that said, I would not expect teams to find themselves in drastically different cap situations than they were previously. Since cap penalties would be clearing after this season anyway - there is no advantage or disadvantage to any teams as a result of our moving. The salary caps will be different but they are more or less just as fair as they were on MLM.
3) Any draft picks will have to switch hands again. For example I traded for the Giants 2nd and 3rd round picks - I will need to get those back from the Giants now that we're moving to XFN. I may be able to do this for everyone (assuming I know what picks need to change hands.)
Alternatively we can go this route: trade a valueless player to the other team for the picks. For example I could trade 48ovr LB Robert Eddins (who's contract is also set to expire after this season.) Once the Giants accept, the picks change hands and then they can then drop that player.
4) Roster moves like adds/drops do not need to be done again or anything. The XFN console just sync'd with our xbox console roster - everything made is 1:1.
5) Any contract moves (like re-signing a player or signing a free agent to a contract that is 6 years long) are not 1:1. The player will still be on your team to negotiate with but their contract was re-created from scratch. Unfortunately this was unavoidable. One thing we can look into is rectifying this. IE Noel Devine gets re-released into FA or he gets a similar contract to what he had prior to the move. This is something we'll all need to talk about.
More to come I'm sure.
Also remember, we're still shooting for the draft Sunday evening.
Tagging everyone.... get signed up ASAP
Jmustang1968 - Texans
Gngsta4Lyphe - Redskins
Emmdotfrisk - Jets
B0BJR0526 - Titans
ryty32 - Bucs
DerekC - Eagles
Keller - Bills
GovernedSpy - Patriots
Darkwing - Jags
Matrix Monkey - Colts
bringbackjimmy - Cowboys
hoppedupford - Giants
CWT 3000 - Vikings
HovaTheGodMC - Lions
antcap24 - Falcons
capp34 - Saints
fuzzyl0gic - Panthers
JSimms - 49ers
Added to XFN
XFN just added their free agency console. Looks decent on the surface....
I used the XFN Draft console before you had to pay for it, great interface. i have screen shots and experience on how it works (I admin'd the draft and FA on XFN). I remember the gold old days when you didnt have to pay for it. Great site.
I'm also experienced in managing / designing the layout of the front page if you need help or anything.
I registered but never got an activation email...
You're join request has been accepted - you're good to go.
Same for antcap24
I registered a long time ago so I don't recall the process - try logging in anyway, if not, shoot them an email or something.
If all else fails create a new account - use a different email addy to make sure its not getting picked up in a spam filter or something.
I just joined.
also B0BJR0526 and Jmustang1968
Ouch, I am going to be hurting... I have less cap space on XFN to start and have to resign Foster and Mario Williams who are signed long term on MLM...
i have 25 mil open
K, signed up now
Keller might want to look at caps more closely. I have hasselbeck making 3 mil this year and 55 mil next year
haha awesome. Goodluck with that cap number
its a missed place comma on the contracts...admins should be able to easily fix this...
I researched it and found it here
compare it to XFN and it should be 5.5 mil not 55 mil..lol
You'd have to check with Emmdot but I'm fairly certain these contracts are pulled from RL data.
The Bills contracts are accurate outside of Fitzpatrick.
Ok i joined as Redskins, need the PW for the actual franchise and i'll join that as well. Is it ok to start making changes now? (Cuts)
console pass is just 1234
sit tight until we get moved over to xfn and i can look at everything.
Separate names with a comma.