ITS DEMO TIME

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by MurkYa21, Jun 18, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

ITS DEMO TIME

Time to get your demo on baby..

yes, i have been staying awake so i can download this demo and be one of the first to play it.

Florida vs OU..2 minute quarters

I guess I will post my initial thoughts after I play a game

2. Pryor 2

Pryor 2 Guest

Alright cool, Im off to work post your thoughts and some animations and stuff after you play. Thanks

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I can put a video up on justin.tv, but I don't think that will justify game play very much

you wouldn't be able to see my playbook...but I'll do it anyway

66%

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

ssssssssswweeeeeet...

we are just moments away from 2-quarterly goodness

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="295" width="353" id="jtv_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/jtv_player.swf?channel=murkya21" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/jtv_player.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="channel=murkya21&auto_play=false&start_volume=25" /></object><a href="http://www.justin.tv/murkya21" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from murkya21's channel on Justin.tv</a>

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I decided to pick florida and I put the difficulty on Heisman

final score - OU 28 Fla 7

eh..the game needs getting used to..it feels a lot different
    idk..alot of times (on KR especially) it felt like my guy was running very slow..that or absolutely no blocks were picked up

defensive wise there are a few different controls that i need to figure out..

instead of using LT LB & RB for the d-line you now use the right stick
    also..player lock..if you want to do this you push in on the left stick

a couple cool things I did notice were the updates..for instance, I had a player receive a minor injury and i had the choice to sit him on the bench or put him back on the field.

Also, one of my runningbacks got hurt and a little while later I got the update that he would be out 11 weeks.

then, there is the gameplay strategy..or gameplan..
    you can set how aggressive your team is..more aggressive more flags..vica versa

I also notice a couple new wrinkles in the Florida playbook which were pretty sweet

8. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

Its telling me "Device is Full"(n) when I go to download it.

Can't wait to see what has been done with the UF playbook.

9. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

I have it and played a couple of games

No pass rush, which is a staple for NCAA. Playing around on All-American and Heisman I was rolling out with Bradford with ease. The only good thing is that DE seemed to get off his block quick BUT he could not catch Bradford really quick

Pass interference will be called alot more on off. and def. players like in 07

Playbooks are the same except for a few plays here and there

I was not able to strafe pick/intercept balls as easy as 09

Alot more broken tackles and guys falling foward

The animation when you dive tackle is weird, but that could be to make it seem more realistic as to not being able to get those Superman dive tackles I'm used to IDK

10. jfosh

jfosh Super

Downloaded demo....Played as Florida...threw 3 picks overthrew on a couple of passes....set my game plan to aggressive on defense and casued 3 fumbles all strips..Playing as a DE was able to get off of blocks using the RS for moves. Liked the player lock on defense switched the perspective. Computer was not able to mount significant pass rush.

11. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

www.justin.tv/mazzman

Played 2 games, lost the first one 7-14, won the second game 13-10. Both I played on heisman. Besides getting use to the new features, overall looks like a better game. I did notice in my 2nd game when OU went to a hurry up offense, my DT was stuck behind the O-line and couldn't get back to his side, which resulted in a penalty. I enjoy seeing overthrows or just plain bad passes that don't result in picks. I guess I might have an advantage of a few people getting to know the UF playbook since that's the one I usually play with. I like Tebow faking the run off the snap and looking to pass. I also like how in some formations the TE or FB lines up right behind the gap of the G/T. (y)

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

what is the general feel of it though..

good or bad

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I really enjoyed it. I only had time for one game, a 14-0 win. People mention the stumbling for extra yards and while I can see that becoming an issue, I also enjoyed the animations a LOT. Jermaine Greshamn breaking free from coverage, catching a pass, turning upfield. The dB catches up from behind, manages to latch on for a second but then falls off, but Gresham has been knocked over enough that he trips and eventually falls down 5-10 steps later. Just looked beautiful.

Really liked the lock-on cam, I can see using it vs. the cpu. seems easier to work your way through traffic towards the ball carrier that way.

the option routes were MUCH improved, much clearer what their options were and more of them too. I also really liked a WR middle screen in Oklahoma's playbook that I got 8 yards with. Got so tired of the basic WR screen in this last version's game...

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

are you talking about where the slot peels out and goes off the block of the #1 receiver? that is pretty cool

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

This was actually the outside WR, taking a step back and sort of gliding across the formation getting blocks from the other two WR on that side as well as the O-line, and you pass him the ball when he gets free... I'm just glad for something other than the outside WR screens.

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

ah ic...i like that they implemented those too because it makes it easier for me to pick off if someone keeps running it on me

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I only played once so far, but I liked what I saw. It's different - especially in the qb play area from what I saw, but I like the change. There's an actual pocket now, and I think mobile qb's will be less important this year, at least in the passing game. It looks like it will be harder to just snap the ball and run around to create space. This is a good thing.

I'll play a few more and post a few impressions.

18. Mallard Muscle

Mallard Muscle Blue Chip Prospect

I just played 2 games. The first I played on All-American using Oklahoma and won 21-0. The second I played on Heisman with Oklahoma again and lost 14-7.

In general, the camera doesn't zoom the same as it did in 09 while the ball is in the air. It's a bit harder to tell where to best position your player to make the catch. I'm not sure if I like it or not yet.

I really like the player lock feature. The unique camera angle was my favorite part of Campus Legend so now it will be cool to use it at anytime.

I did notice quite a bit of sliding, especially with tackling animations. During one kick return there was a collison with 3 or 4 players that looked like everyone was playing on ice. Not very encouraging.

Scrambling out of the pocket with Bradford against the Flroida defense was nearly impossible. In the game I played on Heisman I threw 3 picks in the second half, partially because I purposely got away from my gameplan and started taking risks deep for fun, and partially because the Florida defense was smothering Bradford if I tried to sprint at all.

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, I know what you mean about the camera angles..

how different was 08 from 09, I can't remember.

I too am not sure if I like it or not..

IMO they shouldn't have changed the game play at all..all the little things they added are great but I don't like that I am going to have to pretty much relearn the game

20. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I agree the camera angles when the ball is thrown...I'm not feeling it. They should have left it the way it was.

21. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

My thoughts after playing a couple of games on Heisman:

-The new gameplay camera will take a minute to get used to, but it seems ok.

-Love the player lock feature. I tried it on both O and D. On D the play really has to be coming at you for this to be effective,imo. On O, I loved being the TB on run plays because I felt that you could read the blocks better.

-DL pressure is an issue for the human vs. the cpu. The cpu was able to get a decent amount of pressure on my QB, especially in crucial situations, which makes me wonder if it cranks up the strategy to aggressive at times. I want to say yes because I was able to draw the cpu DL offsides a few times in obvious rush the passer situations.

-Saw lots of injuries. Love the play him or sit him choice.

-Love being able to throw out of a sack, and the realistic possibility of throwing an int because of it.

-CPU will throw deep. From what I saw, do 10yd pass in a Hail Mary situation this year.

-Chants sound horrible.

-On one play that I used player lock on the TB, I ran a toss and the CPU CB turned around and ran upfield like a lead blocker instead of trying to tackle me. Only saw that once and this is a demo so I'm willing to discard it.

I'll play a few more to see if I notice other things, but so far I'm encouraged. If the roster situation turns out well and they agree to release a patch that solves DL pressure/slider issues, then I'm in.

A few more things after playing a couple of games on AA:

-Running the ball seemed slightly easier than it was on Heisman. I broke a long run in each game. Scored on one, hawked on the other one.

-On the QB sneak the QB actually tries to get low this year instead of standing straight up and getting hit in the mouth.

-The cpu actually disguised coverages a little. In 09 it was easy to see that the blitz was coming by looking at the corners. In the demo, the corners gave the blitz look, but dropped off into coverage.

-Loving the player lock even more. Was able to pressure the QB once, which forced him to throw a pick, and then able to go throw a block to help my FS go score.

-Really hope that Adam is right about the spike play logic being fixed. Although Tebow did use the fake spike against me for a TD.

-Felt like the cpu brought a little less pressure on AA than on Heisman. Still didn't get alot of pressure on the cpu besides the one instance I mentioned above.

-Thought that cpu made a good adjustment of calling more screens after I started blitzing more.

-Pass coverage appears to be better.

-Hurry up offense/defense needs to be fixed. I got called for 3 offsides/encroachment penalties because my dlinemen would accidentally touch someone when trying to get set for the next play. The offense got cheap yardage in a crucial situation.

22. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

hmm...

basically, I like all of the new features and stuff but I wish the game play was exactly like 09' with all the new animations they threw in...that would be perfect

I like 10' so far...but I'm not in love with it or anything, I could see myself still playing 09' to be honest..idk

23. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    You mean all the gameplay features and fixed the speed mechanic. That is my main issue with 09. Although, I must say, I loved 09 a lot. I thought it was a really good game.

24. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

If you loved 09, I just liked it alot, thn I think you will love 10 even more. I like 10 alot after playing a couple games. Just seems smoother, and a bit more polished all around.

25. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

yea, if they couldve just added in the better angles and adaptive ai to 09..plus all the new features that would've been great.

idk..i guess im just going to have to take time getting used to 10'..I hate the camera angle when you throw the ball