its official these forums suck...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by scarface, Dec 1, 2009.

1. scarface

scarface Walk On

its official these forums suck...

*** EDITED FOR OFFENSIVE CONTENT ***

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

What????

3. scarface

scarface Walk On

everytime you look at the main forums for mega you see 2 spots for scheduling where it shows new posts the wire area does the same thing,

I dont need to see a scheduling post in the coaches office area if its already in the scheduling area this shit is annoying as fuck geezus christ.

notices for the same post in multiple locations is not needed.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Maybe you should bring it up to rynoaid or drifterbub. They run the site.

There is actually a forum that says something like "site stuff", that would be the most appropriate place to get an answer or get it fixed.

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i would hope you could approach things in a bit more mature manner, if you have forum organization requests, i would be happy to modify things to fit your guys needs... please be constructive about it though, no need to flip your shit.

insulting people will get you know where around here bro

6. scarface

scarface Walk On

Iam not unsulting anyone I am stating what has been asked a while back and its still not fixed, if you are offended it was not meant to do that but I know others have asked as has myself on getting these things tweaked and fixed.

take a look at our the wire area and trading block area both show the same post as a new post..

no need for that, many owners have said they ont visit the forums much because when they see just that someone scheduled a game they dont go any further into the forums and same goes for the other areas of the forums.

And again not trying to offend anyone but we asked and got no reply, at least now I can say hey sorry for being a dick but can ya fix this.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

who did you ask? not me... if you asked Mags, i never got a message about any kind of restructuring... and saying "whoever set this shit up needs to be shot" is pretty insulting to me.

8. scarface

scarface Walk On

up until now I didnt know you were the guy that runs this site otherwise I would have asked you myself, I had no idea who set this stuff up all I know is we asked that if be fixed.

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

like i said.. who did you ask?

10. scarface

scarface Walk On

http://www.traditionfootball.com/FORUMS/showthread.php?t=10390

here is where it was asked by one member.

I mentioned it to the commish of mega. but like I said I dont/didnt know who runs the forums so I had no idea, I dont visit the other areas of these forums either therefore I would not know who runs them nor who to ask other than mags, but if he says he will look into it I take him at his word.

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i can't monitor every post in every forum on this site.. we have over 30 leagues and 600 members... if someone in MEGA doesn't bring needs to my attention i have no idea there is a need....

get me the format you want and i will get it set up that way. Mags has not contacted me about a format change as of now.

12. scarface

scarface Walk On

only thing that is a problem is like I have said when we schedule a game it shows in the scheduling forums and the coaches office which is more like general chat, when guys see scheduling there alot of the owners are like pfft just a scheduling post and move on.

if the post under coaches area shoed only those posts and say scheduling showed only those and trades only showed those would help greatly, as it would seperate the areas with much less confusion, I understand why they were set up the way the were for easability but its just adding some confusion headaches with regards to knowing when something new was posted in certain areas.

13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

check out the TMFL setup, is that similar to what you are wanting?

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133

14. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

I think the confusion comes in that the hierarchy of the 'foldering' for lack of a better term isn't linear. The levels don't seem to remain consistent as levels. (if that makes sense). A couple of them seem linked (or show up on the same level but shouldn't be).

15. scarface

scarface Walk On

exactly mags

16. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

ok i've rearranged things, let me know what you think

17. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Looks great! Thanks!