It's the little things ... EA likes to mess up

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by BlyGilmore, Jul 25, 2009.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

It's the little things ... EA likes to mess up

Anybody else notice in NCAA that TV Exposure isn't listed as a category when you look at recruits by hitting the R-Stick on your recruiting list?

Its on the call screen, and your school has a rating for it. you just can't view it on the player overview screen (IMO pretty much making it useless).

Good times!

2. Pryor 2

Pryor 2 Guest

ha I never noticed it. Good find though

3. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

nobody seems to care about this other then me, but total control run blocking is where ive made a living in madden the past 3 years and then last year i tore it up on ncaa when it was an option. Of course the game comes out this year and its gone. i can only hope and pray that it remains in madden.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I didn't notice that, but I did notice that when your on your recruiting board, it doesn't show you how much recruiting time you have remaining. So, you have no idea how to break up the time left. Pretty stupid.

5. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Yeah, the recruiting board thing is annoying. Also, on the between plays screen your position on the field is not up all the time but rather rotates with the down and distance. With the playclock running down sometimes that extra second or two you have to wait for it to come back up is too much.

6. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Totally agree and it seems the little things should be easiest to fix! How about the type of prospects the CPU is generating to recruit. It might be just my first season, but their are way too many height/weight combinations that do NOT fit their position. The < 200 lb DE are my personal favorite. Its not like these guys are coming in the program and bulking up.

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

It'd be cool if they did come in and bulk up...Cool to see in the "progression" stuff how much weight they put on, increased bench reps, etc.

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

The thing that has been bothering me is when the other qb takes off and scrambles the camera angle changes. This tends to mess with my pursuit angle a lot.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

You controlled blockers rather than your runner?

10. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

you could switch to another player and block pre-snap. then once you engage you could press cirlce and switch to running back. on counters i would use the pulling guard and snap the ball already running with r2 pressed. basically i would pull faster by using speed burst then hit stick up (to pancake) and switch back. quite frequently i would put the dlinemen or lb's on their back and the cpu would take over and block the safey up field. hope that makes sense. thats just one way i used it.

11. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

P.S. on madden i use the titans by way of me being a oilers/titans fan all my life. i bring this up b/c last year i had 99 speed chris johnson and all i needed was that one extra block the cpu never seemed to make. needless to say me being the user controlling that lineman who always blocked the wrong guy or just missed flat out i was able to spring myself into hella long runs.

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah but when you user control a blocker (FB, lineman, whatever) he becomes more powerful than he normally would be. This has always been something that EA did even back during Bill Walsh Football and the early iterations of NCAA that I'd play with friends. We'd double team the cpu, one of us would block and just pancake people all over the field. It's not as pronounced now, but I'm not sure it's equitable if the other person isn't doing it. I don't think anybody in our league does it... :confused:

13. GoGators

Have you guys ever noticed that the cpu players seem to play different when its human vs cpu than when it's human vs human? For instance, when i play against a user on kickoff coverage, my guy gets blocked but I spin right off it. Against the cpu, that same guy is likely to get pancaked against a far inferior team.

Also, rushing with a D lineman. I'm UF and just played Troy and my D line couldn't even get a coverage sack without me blitzing. But they were able to sack timmy 4 times LOL.

Also, why is it so difficult to run from the spread formation and why does my 94 ovr center get manhandled by a 73 ovr DT? A lot of teams run a balanced attack from the spread (rushing yds = passing yds) why then is the spread handicapped as opposed to the I form in this game?

Sorry, just venting!

14. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

first off regarding my last couple posts... i see what u are saying, but i look at it like im just dotting my i's and crossing my t's by going the extra step. its kinda like playing a guy who lets the cpu catch the ball for him versus making user catches. it was only in college last year whereas its been in madden for 3. now back to the forum replies..... i basically agree with all of the posts in here. if i have 4th & 1 and i pick shotgun 5 wide qb draw the cpu will line up in goalline d. if i have the same situation and pick a pass play they are in quarter d. its kind of comical actually but i guess if we think of all the ways we exploit the AI its kind of the AI's way to screw us back lol.

15. GoGators

In a perfect world the AI would be reactive rather than psychic!!!