It's time for me to go

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jdrhammer, Aug 22, 2010.

1. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

It's time for me to go

What's up, guys? I really can't believe I'm about to say this but I have to drop out of the league. I've been swamped since school started back and with budgets constantly being cut, they're requiring more out of us nowadays. I'm almost doing the work of two teachers during the day and two coaches during the evening. Between that and my 8 month-old son growing up too fast to believe, I just don't have much spare time.

I knew I'd be limited to less time but it's rough already and basketball season hasn't even started yet. Everyone is under a little more pressure to do well and I'm only in my 2nd year at this school district so I have to make sure all T's are crossed etc., because I'm in the group that would get cut first. I think I'm kind of safe since I've done a pretty good job coaching and the head coach demands to keep me so I'm probably safe, but I owe it to my wife and son to make sure I take care of business. Also, the team I coach made the final round before the state tourney last year and most guys come back plus we're expecting a 6'9" exchange student from Nigeria any day now so we're really keying in on a state title in hoops. I also owe it to these kids to instruct them to the best of my ability. Last year, I thought about this OD as much as anything else I did. You can say it...OBSESSED.

I just wanted to shed a little light on what's going on. I had no idea it had been a week since I had logged on. Just goes to show you how wrapped up I have been.

I hope you all continue to do as you have done. You've all been excellent peers and I consider you all friends in our virtual community and beyond. I fully support itsnotagame and hope you all do to. It took me a while to realize I needed more help and gave him part of the commish-ship since I respected him so much, as I do all of you. It's fun, but it's work too. I hope you'll all band together to keep this going. I wanted to create something great, and with my core guys and even newcomers, I believe we did.

I need to check with hackgolfer or someone and let them know I'm leaving the OD but you guys work this out.

I'll miss my Auburn games vs nkmi, Arkansas games vs itsnotagame, and my LSU games vs fordtuff the most. Those were three tough games within our division. The recruiting battles were probably the most fun for me. I'll miss it but I'll be checking back here to see how it's going during the day time when I get a short break. I may check every now and then at night. You all still have my number so text anytime or if I get on my PS3, be sure to hit me with a msg.

Thanks for helping me with a great video game experience. Best of luck to you all!

2. Itsnotagame

Itsnotagame Walk On

It's been a pleasure and and honor to be apart of this od with you. You will always have a spot here in this od. Good luck and we will see you soon. I still gotta get that way for an ole miss game.

3. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

good luck man

4. fsupenguin

fsupenguin Walk On

Good luck with the school year dude. Letting go of things we enjoy because of what we have to do for our families is never easy and it takes a real man to do so.

5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Man jdr...

Best of luck to you.

6. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

Hate to see you go JDR...wish you all the best.., well except the Rebels, they can still go to hell ;-)

Take care man.

7. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

dude NOOOOO! what the hell man???

ok am i the only one who deeply upset and has crushed feelings aout the great jdr leaving?

on a lighter note...

i'm not suprised that this OD has found itself on jd's trading block, the man is a teacher/coach/husband/father? and he is the first person i have ever respected that i havent had the pleasure of meeting personnally. hopfully u can find ur way back to this od sooner than later bro, i mean u r one of the founders man, u kept this od alive since the beginning, thats amazing man, but it come a time when the boys gotta put away the toys and get to work and i totaly understand, u got my # jd, hit me up anytime bro... man, how will we find the rite ole' miss replacement coach?? thats gonna be some tuff shoes to fill.

8. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Family first.....hate to see you go.....text me if you ever want to relive the Auburn/Ole Miss rivalry exhibition style. It has been fun