It's time for me to move on from leagues and TSO

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hey guys,

First of all this isn't a joke or anything in response to Mogriffjr and his joke last year which ruined my day. lol

I have to take a permanent leave from online football leagues and any involvement with them. I work anywhere from 40 to 60 hours per week depending on how busy I am, and I have a 1-hour commute each way. In addition, I have to go back to school part-time as soon as I can and my boss recently made a deal to pay me more so I can put some money aside for that. Just to top it off, I have renewal of my appraisal license coming up in May and that will require a ton of online classes.

With a 2-year old girl, a wife who wants me back in her life again, 10 hours of driving per week just to get my day started and ended, this just isn't fitting anymore. I have stretched and stretched, demanded more and more time away from my wife and child for work and "mandatory" gaming such as leagues.

At some point you start feeling like you are desperately trying to maintain a standard of freedom to do things like play in football leagues despite knowing that you're 37, and you really SHOULDN'T be doing it unless you truly have the time for it. I don't. My home life is honestly a mess because of my insistence on continuing to put gaming ahead of my family.

Drifterbub, sorry for the spectacular fail, I wish you the best of luck, you are truly a great guy and along with Shaun Mason and all the other guys at the top have a great group of really smart guys.

To everybody - I had absolutely no idea this was coming down the pike. I always assumed I would keep stretching to make time for this and I guess (subconsciously) would continue to push the family to the side.

To everybody in T1, I wish you the best. Let's keep in touch. You'll still see me logging on to play COD and Forza and all that kind of stuff. I just need this mandatory stuff out of my life. it'll make me feel like an adult - I think. I will be logging in to hand the file over to Rod before exiting.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Good luck Hellisan.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Disastrous News for Tradition and its 11 other members. I hear your message but I don't approve.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Its like my girlfriend just broke up with me........

[​IMG]

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Noooooo, not Lord Helli!

• Like Like x 1
  7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I am a sad clown

[​IMG]

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]

=(

Just play the user games that fit your sched and blow off games that cut into family time!

I know its not that simple, but damn... That sucks

• Like Like x 1
  9. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Geez reading this will make any full grown adult with a family feel like a P.O.S.

:)

10. jfosh

jfosh Super

[​IMG]

Long live lord Hellisan!

• Like Like x 1
  11. charter04

charter04 Walk On

You got to do what you got to do. I respect the choice you made. It's tough to balance things sometimes. Got to put family first.

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

believe it or not, this happened to me too Helli... from 2006-2008 I stopped playing all football games online. Daughter was 2 and son was a newborn. I know what you are going through. It just takes some time to get things reordered. At some point, you will probably find you have the time again down the road aways and will enjoy gaming on your own terms a bit more than you currently do.

Good luck to you and your always welcome 'round these parts.

• Like Like x 1