Announcement It's YOUR Club...Vote

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by MoonBBad, Jul 1, 2012.

?

Do you want an A and B team for FIFA Clubs?

Poll closed Jul 2, 2012.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Alright, I am reading some threads and some people are clamoring for starting the A & B team this cycle. I didn't want to start implementing ideas that I was formulating till our next release, however, it seems like some of you guys want to take this club to the next level and get more serious about it.

I'm with you all. However, I want to make sure it's not just a few of us wanting this, and it's the majority. I will say that we are going to go this route for sure next game cycle so it's either now, or later.

That being said. We're only going to really implement a few of the ideas if you guys want. The main being the A & B team.

This is how it's going to work. There will be an A and a B team. The A team is going to be the elite squad. The best club players will only make it to this team. If your pro sucks, you won't be on this team. With one exception, defenders (for now). Next cycle it's just going to be a requirement, defense or not, that your pro is 80+ or you are automatically on the B team.

You will have the ability to be promoted to the A team from the B team and demoted from the A to the B through strong/shitty play. There will be an A and B team manager(s) who will get together weekly to discuss who is playing well should possibly be bumped up and/or moved down.

We will have two club nights a week (days to be determined later). Night 1 will be a practice night were both of the clubs are online at the same time and we scrim each other, run cups, etc. Night 2 will be the main night where we are trying to improve our club rankings through league and cup matches.

These are the only two nights that will be required. If you are on the A team and you start missing a bunch of nights, you're going to get a warning, and then you're going to be bumped down. I understand life happens, which is why I will give some leeway, however I won't let it become abusive.

For the selection process, the teams will be determined by Drifter and myself. We've been playing for a while and we know each of you for the most part.

Please post in this thread when you have voted, additionally please list your BEST position. I will take this into consideration when choosing the team. If there are four people who post CAM is their best position, then there's going to be a log jam there and I am going to pick who I think is the best, they'll make the A team, and then if I think another person on there is A team material, I might move them to a similar position like RAM/LAM. However, I do want to know what you feel is your best position.

That's really it for now. Everyone please vote yes or no for this poll. We'll go with the majority wants, for now...

KnightNoles
    Danthraxxx
    abolishthefed
    Shaun Mason
    Drifterbub
    PIG BOMB
    mcyork
    MoonBBad
    Timpegoose
    Kasper
    Roggie
    JFace907
    I Peench
    fuzzyl0gic
    CalebMackie
    HackGolfer
    MartyWebb
    Wick36
    Colemanchu
    dj illmatic 23

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  2. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I'm going with no for sure for this release. Do we really want to end up playing clubs with 3 people at a time? If the teams are split up this year, with interest dying off (especially with EURO 2012 ending today, which I expect will slow soccer interest) as the game gets older along with NCAA and Madden coming out soon, then we're going to end up with far too few people on to play like we do. Right now we're rarely getting more than 6 or 7 guys on a night to play. Does anyone here really want to split that and end up with some nights that have 5 guys on for one club and only 2 on the other?

Next release, while I'm still on the fence about it since I've been in an NHL club with about 15-20 people that tried this and it just killed the club, I wouldn't mind trying it out at the start of the cycle.

3. MoonBBad

Thanks for the response. Yeah I agree with some of your points however I will say this. The guys that really want to take this seriously, will not let their interest die off, and will want to be on the elite squad. The guys that don't take it seriously you're right, won't play as much. That's the way it goes.

However, clubs generally goes pretty strong throughout the entire lifecycle of the game. The guys that play year round are the guys I want in my club. Also, we have had strong turnouts for clubs lately. It's been pretty impressive. We've also had a surge of new guys get onboard for them as well. Also, having two dedicated nights will help make sure those nights there is strong turnout.

4. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I get that completely. But with the current level of activity, I just really don't understand how it would work for this year since most of us want to play clubs with more than just 3 or 4 people. That's my big worry about it if we tried to do it this year.

I know we want cup wins. I know we want a high level club. But I do feel that we should spend the rest of 12 building up skill and chemistry then seeing what happens next year.

All my opinion though, so if the team votes the other way, I'll have no complaints if we implement it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MoonBBad

Also, post your best position please.

6. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Since I wasn't tagged, does that mean I'm on the C team?

7. MoonBBad

Thought I got everyone. Sorry bout that.

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

CAM
    LW/RW
    DCM

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

It is my opinion that if we have multiple clubs, which I hope we will have enough members for , as clubs is by far one of the more fun things I do on xbox, I feel it should be for other reasons that level of play/talent. I think it would be a better scenario to have A & B club based on amount of play or nights of play rather than skill level. Some guys maybe only want to or can only commit to playing one night a week , as where others have more time or desire. I think it would be kinda crappy of us to throw the lesser guys to a B team, only because it may keep somebody from really falling in love with clubs or soccer in general.

For example, when I picked up FIFA 12 it was a new game for me , I got it based solely on the strong recommendations from JFace907 & Colemanchu when we were in AM together. I knew nothing about soccer other than Hope Solo is hot as shit and Pele' was dope lol. What if I would have picked up FIFA based on only wanting to play clubs , but then I would have been on the J-V team, with guys who may not have been that dedicated or knowledgable ? I may have not only given up on FIFA clubs, I may have given up on the FIFA 12 game or even soccer as a sport to follow. I would feel bad if that happened to a guy in 13' , I mean not only did I pick up an awesome game and start to really learn and appreciate a sport , but I got to know some members I didn't know before that are pretty cool guys, except that fucking Kasper guy :p

Personally I do not think there is a great answer for this potential issue , assuming the system of belonging to 1 club stays the same.

Pro's to multiple TSO teams :

1. We can play a lot of friendlies and work to get better and have fun with more guys from our community
    2. We don't have to worry about being 8-11 deep and teams running from us
    3. We don't feel as jammed up on the pitch & guys get to play more positions they want
    4. We could have more flexibility if 12+ guys show up to play
    5. more teams = more PT & touches for guys, which will make them better

Con's to multiple TSO teams :

1. guys may get butt hurt being put on the JV team
    2. the JV team may not be too good , thus turning guys off to clubs
    3. the transfer process could be a pain in the ass
    4. if we have two teams of all forwards & mids then we have no defenders ( as the likely TSO keeper I must say fuck to that)
    5. guys being moved from two teams might jack up chemistry

I will vote , but I want to see some other opinions of some of our valued members , I really like our club and want to see how others feel.

Finally, please do not take my filibuster out of context MoonBBad , I appreciate your work here and that you value our club, as well; as you wanting to make this experience better for all.(y)

Oh and of course put me at GK;) , despite my desire to play elsewhere :(

• Like Like x 2
  10. MoonBBad

Votes pretty close early on. No is winning by one.

11. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I would definitely say no for the rest of 12.

It's not like the beginning of the cycle where we needed 2 teams a lot, it's been a bit slower. No reason not to just use the rest of 12 to evaluate and continue to get better.

I'd say I'm best at RW type of player (RW, RAM, aggressive RM) or as another striker. I think I have some success getting down the sides and making myself available for runs and get the ball up the field from there. And I think I am capable at winning headers and am a decent finisher. I suck ass on the back line unless I am playing ANY with an extra guy not on the back. Left is less comfortable for me, but still not terrible.

12. MoonBBad

Two points bolded I wanted to disagree with. Team chemistry IMO is only going to go up with set players, in set positions, in a set formation. It's when guys are being placed in different roles due to different people being online that jacks the chemistry.

Your other point about the JV team turning guys off I agree with to an extent. Sure some guys might get turned off by this. But there might guys who want to do this as a rec thing and would like the idea of a club without many strings attached. Also, guys who think they should play up top but don't get the chance can prove they can get the job done up top on the B team cause they might have more of an opportunity to do so there. Also, new members, who want to get into clubs but might be hesitant cause they think they will suck or that drifter will yell at them if they mess up, lmao, will warm up to the idea of getting on the B team and trying it out.

13. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I tend to agree with Dan. Myself, I have no problem being on the B team, I just wonder if we can have enough willing B team members to run clubs. As far as your pro having to be at least an 80, do we not care how your pro got there? Are we ok with guys using ulterior methods to get above 80 or does it have to be legit? As far as the position I'm best at, I don't think I've made it that far yet. Not only have I just started playing FIFA, I'm also having to learn the game of soccer itself. I can say I think the defensive mid-field may work best for me. That way when I make my inevitable mistakes, there are defenders behind me who can make up for it and let me recover.

14. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Main position: LM
    Comfortable positions: LW, LAM, LDM
    Willing to learn if needed: LCM, LWB, LCB, CB

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  15. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

I am extremely for it even in 12, some of you guys think that we won't have enough players and it won't be as enjoyable were as the "worse" may actually get an opportunity at positions they wouldn't normally get to play do to the amount of skilled attacking players we have on our team currently.

Best: CAM after that striker and then any midfield position available

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

You know my best spot is CDM MoonBBad , but if I need to go LM or RM and play with my defensive mentality there that is ok too- soo I guess any midfield spot where I can play defensively is my best position. Also, if it comes down to it, I don't mind CB (though I need some practice there- if that's where the club needs me I'll do it), just would strongly prefer CDM.

Now on to the debate:

All of the "No" people have valid points:

Guys getting butthurt about being on B/JV team - I'm curious who here would? Are there people that are that selfish around here that they would prefer to play a positoin before someone that is better than it-- even if that means the club not doing as well? Lose your ego, just because the teams have different names you automatically think you can't have fun with it? It would still be clubs, and you would still be playing with people that know what they are doing. CalebMackie has already said he would entertain the idea of being a sort of manager for the B team and helping those new guys pick up the game quickly and effectively. Now whether or not he does or doesn't is up to him, but there is dedication here to make sure BOTH teams are good.

Roggie stated that he doesn't think we have enough people to do this right now. I would agree with that, but judging by how many people Moon tagged up there I would say we easily do. Those guys need to come play with us if they want to be a part of this- even if that means picking up Fifa 12 for $10 now. We could also push for people that are planning on jumping in for 13 to look at picking up 12 and starting to get accustomed to it. I know Ghost told me he was picking it up among others-- maybe those guys need to try to get their hands on a copy now? I count 20 guys up there (I think, if I'm wrong damn my South Dakota education) -- and I have seen all of those guys at least recently on clubs at some point. We just need to get a little more effort on the attendance side. As I said in the chat box when Moon was discussing this, this will be like an OD here on the site- it will require some of your time but be completely worth it in the long haul.

Probably more I could add, but I will be eyeing this and chiming in some more.

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

See you have the right attitude dj, nobody should be getting butthurt over being on the B team. As I say in my post above, we will still have people that know what they are doing (and likely a lot of actually good players judging by how many people Moon tagged above) so I would think both clubs would be fully capable of making cup runs.

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

And here I thought we were cool...

19. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I woulda called out Noles but he ignores my trolling :(

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah I tend to feed em, haha

21. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

CDM has been my best position lately. Slowly getting the accomplishments and improving my pro.

22. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm not sure we have enough active people to split up, personally it doesn't matter because I'm 'A' squad material.

LOL

• Like Like x 1
  23. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

80 does not take long at all if you do any offline be pro matches. I think the overall requirement is mostly because if your guy sucks ass, he won't be able to consistently make good passes/shots/tackles and will get hella outpaced. I doubt there will be the outside ways to it in '13 because they'll be offering boosts for microsoft points.

Kasper Surprisingly, perhaps, FIFA is still pretty expensive.

-----

If this is a poll for next year, (I thought it was just what we were doing for the rest of this cycle) I am undecided.

It can be a pain in the cases where we might play better without that person, lol, and it's always frustrating when we don't do very well, but it's also nice to be able to just hop on and play and enjoy it without needing to worry about getting booted for having a bad night.

24. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I'm not trying to boost. It's not my style. Whatever my guy is overall, he's that way from the time I put in, not by using some ulterior methods. I've just heard others on the cb talking about it, and was wondering if eveyone was cool with it. I know I'm a bum right now, but if I was good enough to be on the A team, and I didn't make it because another guy has a 100 rated player he glitched to get, that would be unfair to me. To be honest, I really don't know how these 100% cards I've heard talk of work, so maybe I misunderstand what they're talking about.

25. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    There's some cards that are just legit 100% cards. There are others that are hacked cards that remove the caps and put all stats to 125. Those are the douche ones that shouldn't ever be allowed.