J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by weblink21, Jan 9, 2010.

1. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

All 3 win teams just wanted to wish you good luck in your game this week! Don't let us down! (y)

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah, all you three win teams need a win, so I can have the #2 pick in the draft. Cause I know I ain't beating the Falcons.

3. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

My defense will play with no heart vs the chiefs wk 17, i have a feeling, sorry Winuvas, U will get no help from the Broncos

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I need the Jets, Ravens, Broncos, Lions, 49ers (who already lost I think), Cardinals, and I think one or two teams to get the #1 spot. At this point best I could do is #2 if 49ers have indeed lost, cause we share same record if I lose as well and they have a lower alphabetical mascot than me (which is BS).

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

A lower alphabetical mascot is the tie breaker? Please tell me that is a joke that I didnt get?

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, in your case Web it BENEFITS you. See, if we finish with identical records, YOU get a higher overall pick than me because your mascot starts with an R and mine starts with a B. They do the same thing for tiebreakers for playoffs. So technically, because I'm a Buccaneer, I am better than you because my mascot starts with a B. So I get bumped to #7 in the draft right now because all the other 3-12 teams have mascots that are alphabetically lower: Cardinals, Forty-Niners (spelled that one right I think lol), Ravens, Jets and Lions would be ahead of me in draft status if we ended up tied. Only one team I beat is the Broncos, since BR comes before BU. Which is BS. lol

So if you want to rebuild, be the Minnesota Vikings. Don't be the Denver Broncos.

7. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

WOW! Poor Sammy. lol

8. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Of all the things that EA leaves out of madden, they dont have the legit tie breaking system, its ridiculous. Does the offline mode use the same tie breaking system or is this BS just online.

9. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

WOW, that is the craziest tiebreaker ive ever heard of.

I am changing my mascot to a Zebra. From now on call me the Denver Zebras

that is rediculous.. almost as rediculous as Modern Warfares' campaign mode, (which can be beaten in 10 minutes).

10. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

This for draft positions only, I know it cant be the playoff tiebreaker too?

Ill be damned if I missed the playoffs because my mascots first letter is a "b"

Im typing this not believing it.

11. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Never chant J-E-T-S, never

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

It is the tiebreaker for playoff positioning as well. However, in that case, having the higher alphabetical mascot works in your favor there.

For example, if myself (Buccaneers) and Denver (Broncos) were in the same division (just bear with example, I know we aren't), with the same record and divisional record at the end of the season, Denver would get a wild card spot before me because of the mascot thing. BR comes before BU, so Denver goes to the playoffs while I would stay home. Crude example but you get the picture.

Basically, the higher your mascot is on the alphabet chart, the "better" your record is. Which works for me in playoff hunts, but against me in #1 overall pick hunt.

However, as far as I understand it, the tiebreakers for offline franchises are actually realistic.

13. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Well since my Ravens start with an "R", I would like to officially like to put the 2nd (maybe 1st depending on Jets) on the block. God my team needs so much help! What an egg they just laid! Defense played it's hearts out but my offense is just HORRIBLE!

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Web, you are preaching to the choir brother.

15. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Win, I need to completely redo my offense. With English and James at the the top of both our draft boards I am hoping someone wants to move up to grab one and I can get something extra. I think I may have had 50 yards of offense the whole game!

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Don't mean to hijack the thread, and I'm not the greatest for advice offensively...maybe we could try to get together this week and do a scrimmage? I can play a little defense, and who knows? Maybe we'll help each other out.

17. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Why doesnt anyone want Usain Bolt at QB? Just run all over the place wit 97 speed at QB.

18. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

OK, Jets won (game had to be simmed because of other issues) so I think, maybe, based on the screwy system, than possibly the Ravens will get the #1 pick?????????? Is there somewhere to see the draft order? or will that not be up until the offseason?

19. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Go to the EA site and click on the Owners list. I think that is the exact order of the draft. I cant believe I get the top pick because my mascot starts with an R.