Jack English Draft

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Claven, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Jack English Draft

I found a list of all A and B potential rookies by position in the Jack English draft. We need to make sure that the whole league as access to this or something similar, so everyone has the same advantage. If the draft ends up not being the Jack English Draft then all other drafts can be found at the link below as well.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/958701/57545

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

interesting

3. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I cant believe my eyes but I saw Michael Bolt, Usain's young brother I think because hes got 97 speed at QB!!!

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Michael Bolt is a Michael Vick clone.

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I've seen those before too. I didn't look at the whole list because I thought that it took all of the fun out of the draft. EA was so lazy with this portion of Madden this year IMO.

6. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I hope EA randoms this better next game. Knowing does take all the fun out. But I'm not gonna go into the Draft not knowing if other people do.

7. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

That's what really sucks to me is that you know people in the league are going to use it so you have to choose between the fun of the draft or the risk of you being at a disadvantage. This really annoyed me about this years version. I am a developer (web not games). It really would not have taken that much time to randomize names and what draft they appeared in.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, one thing it does eliminate is the doubt about A or B potential players. What it DOESN'T list, though, is the rest of the draft. So you don't know if you are drafting a C, D, or F potential player after this list is depleted off of gamefaqs.

To be fair, I have that list as well and have analyzed it. There are a few guys I am very interested in getting. I do wish I could find out who are C, D, and F potential players so I can keep from recruiting duds. But hey...

I think when we get the draft situated and posted as far as players/positions, maybe we could provide a link to that gamefaqs area to make sure all have the ability to access it? Makes it most fair I think. If people don't use it, can't complain.

9. natedawg212000

knowing, i guess, sucks a little, but it doesnt take all the fun out of it for me. i love the draft.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

One thing I do want to ask: we are doing free agency and new cap figures before draft right? FA does start before draft and it would be nice to fill holes via free agency before draft starts if possible.

11. natedawg212000

well it all depends, but yes it will start, just wont be completed.

12. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I have a question that I have been meaning to ask. This may be a little off topic here, but this seems to be an active today. Are we allowed to make trades before we make or mandatory cuts? For example, I was thinking of putting Kevin Williams on the block to try to get a 1st round pick because I don't like him as much as a 3-4 DT. In the test franchise his rating next season was a 97. Would I be able to trade him before the cuts in order to save the 97 rating hit and keep my average lower? I can't figure out which way I thought the rule went, but I have been wondering.

13. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I hope Delhomme retires after this season, I've decided I'm not starting Delhomme in the Best of the Rest tournament.

14. natedawg212000

i think once the offseason starts the cuts start, if you can work out a trade before the deadline then so be it.

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Silly question: can teams who are not in the playoffs talk about trades while the playoffs go on even though the season is not over and the trade deadline is in effect?

16. natedawg212000

talk, but nothing agreed upon.

17. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Got you. Thanks guys

18. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

NO MORE DELLHOMIE!!!!!!!!1 DANG.....lol....

that guy shoulda retired last year

19. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Didn't they just give Delhome that big contract last year? What were they thinking? I am pretty sure that he does not retire. Sounds like a good player to drop as a mandatory though.

20. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

To gear back on draft...

I am working on an excel sheet with all players in the draft and all their attributes except for potential (using online franchise so don't have potential ratings except for my team). It will have every stat, overall, height, and weight. I should be done tonight possibly while watching the national title game. Gotta love picture in picture...lol

Hopefully I'll post it for all to see tonight sometime.

UPDATE: I'll get the offense done, but not the defense. Will have the defense done tomorrow and post it up then so people can have detailed draft analysis.

21. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Wow great job!

22. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

UPDATE: At the RE position right now on putting together 250 players' worth of madden data. This is absolutely mind numbing. lol But at least everyone will be able to look at the stats and draft people they want instead of guessing. Only thing that won't be on there is potential rating, but there is the gamefaqs.com thing we talked about for some players.