/::/ Jacksonville Journal Gazette /::/ Jaguars Come Up Short Against Ravens 21-23 (HIGHLIGHTS)

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CHUNKNESS, Dec 26, 2013.

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Jun 13, 2010
    Baltimore, MD - The Ravens (7-5) had their backs up against the wall taking on the visiting Jaguars (9-3) in week 14. A bad read by Ryen Irwin resulted in a costly interception on the Jaguars end of the field early in the fourth quarter. The turnover led to a Ravens field goal which was just enough to secure a win for the home team. Coupled with the Ravens time of possession; the Jaguars were unable to overcome the late deficit.

Good game, Josh. Thank you for understanding the importance of distributing the ball to your other receivers moving forward. Good luck in the playoff race! Josh Barnes

Of note.... After the game was completed I communicated with Josh regarding the issue that Torrey Smith had 11 receptions and four other targets in our game. Regardless of whether or not it was an aberration, targeting a single receiver 15 times in one game is uncalled for during league play. Particularly if the next closest receiver had only two receptions. Smith's volume of receptions are in direct violation of what our league is about and Josh was made aware of this. Typically I do not include the defensive play calling in the highlight videos, but I did so with the highlights below to display that the defensive schemes were varied. Regardless, I do not want to take away from Josh's hard earned win as I had clearly thrown the game away in the fourth quarter. This preface is merely for informational purposes only.

Michael Overman

• Like Like x 4