/::/ Jacksonville Journal Gazette /::/ Jaguars Lose Week 3 Bruiser To Browns *HIGHLIGHTS*

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CHUNKNESS, Jan 29, 2014.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

dablakpope

Good game Pope. I tried to reach you regarding your sideline run on that 4th qtr kick return. Please follow your return formation without sucking in the coverage team and bouncing to the outside by use of parallel running. If you're going to take it to the sideline, you must gain the edge due to a poorly angled kick or by use of a successful block, spin, or juke... http://traditionsportsonline.com/threads/kick-returns-parallel-running-videos.106494/. Not trying to call you out in the forum, but it is an example of what we do not want to see in league games, so I want to make sure that anyone who views these highlights understands what our expectations are. Please keep it in mind for future games as it isn't an acceptable move to suck in the coverage team and bounce it out to the sideline when you reach the 20. Thx.

LtJustice
    Michael Overman

• Like Like x 1
  2. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

But u did call me out. I dont know when you tried to reach because after we exchqnged good games, i sent you a message stating i knew i wouldnt recover that onside kick. Im always available on yim, yet I never heard from you. Also you could have sent me a message on the forum but I never heard from you. So even though you say you are not trying to call me out, that's exactly what you did. I'm not upset or have an attitude, just expressing my opinion. I apologize for the infraction. Yes he broke outside but at an upward angle and never ran parallel. Since this maneuver is against said rules, it won't happen again.

3. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

If I can add my opinion on the matter(not that it matters any). But in my opinion it looked as if yes he juked left as opposed to running parallel on the return. I can certainly see where it can be confused with what is against the rules but like i stated, it appeared as if he juked left as opposed to just running parallel to outflank the defense.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  4. CHUNKNESS

On the contrary. I attempted to reach you yesterday via YIM before I posted the highlights so that you would be aware of my concern. I received no response, so I posted the highlights addressing you here. I wasn't challenging you in any way, so I wasn't calling you out. Just pointing out what I observed when putting together highlights after the game and expressing the concern. I'm making sure you (and others) are aware for transparency's sake. No bones here.

There was no juke, it is the stutter step animation that occurs when the runner is redirected hard to the right or left. If it were the case that he had juked, I wouldn't have mentioned the concern.

5. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Nice score at 1:30 with TE Housler...I guess the J.Cameron trade... won't create a problem for the Brown's TE position

1:44 Barriere? holy cow breaking tackle machine...don't go low on him or your life might end

3:40ish Trich busting people up

Wow thought Jax def had a pick at the end of the half

GG guys

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I agree with future on this, while it is technically bounced outside, he wasnt running parallel which ive seen from people in the past. He ran it at an angle. It just stinks that your special teams unit bit inside all at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

The TE I got in the trade frome the Titans is gonna be better than Cameron by the end of the season. 6'6" 287 lbs with 84 spd. He's line a pass catching, run blocking 6th offensive lineman.

8. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Doubt that! ^^^ ;);)

9. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

It did look like a juke to me.

10. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Don't they kind of hop in a juke move? or am I thinking of something else

11. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Yea, you're correct Michael. That's why I rarely use the juke move. They hesitate when they plant and it's way too slow in most cases.

12. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

^^^^^^ I will show you at the end of the season. Lol!

• Like Like x 2
  13. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

If the juke rating is higher, there will be less animation and time spent in the cut. It will look incredibly fluid. It also won't look very subtle, so you'll know when you just got juked out by the Juke Master Jukey Jukerson.

• Like Like x 3
  14. CHUNKNESS

That may explain things more, TJ, thx. Although Pope never replied that he had juked his way around the coverage team, I will assume that is what was done in this instance and I apologize for making the incorrect judgment. The conversation that ensued my post is exactly the reason why topics like this should be brought up. It wasn't my intent to address Pope in a derogatory manner, nor was I sounding the horn to the rest of the league to jump on Pope. Rather, I was pointing out a concern that everyone can learn from including myself. I appreciate everyone who has provided constructive information in their replies. Once again, I apologize for any misunderstanding, Pope.

15. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

CJ Spiller has a 97 juke move...and he bunny hops like he's on a slope...fluid isn't the word I'd use for him lol

16. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Hmm, doesn't the juke button depend on a few factors such as:

- Using L2 in combination
    - The direction of the L3 button you move it in
    - The direction the player is running in vs. the direction the player is trying to juke into

Don't get me wrong, my guy will sort of hop if I try to completely change direction, but if it's a slight shift just to slip by a defender it won't look so drastic. At least in my experience.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I want to apologize for my delay in responding here. I have been following along with the discussion, but haven't had ample opportunity to provide a full response until now.

First I want to say that Doug brought this play to mine and Michael's attention and asked our opinion before attempting to reach Pope or making this post. The three of us discussed the return and were of the same opinion about what we saw.

As far as the did he or didn't he juke conversation, I do not believe there was a juke. Pope himself hasn't even said there was a juke. To me there appears to be a cut and then a couple of steps of lateral movement to get around the pile. For what it's worth, I use the juke extensively. I am of the opinion that the juke move looks a lot more deliberate, regardless of player (I use it with a guy with 99 JKM as well as guys rated much lower).

Regardless of the maneuver used, my problem with this was the strategy of running right up to the pile, only to run completely around it. To me that's where it became questionable. The coverage team was clearly sucked in and it was simply speed that got the returner around them. Again, the lateral movement right after the cut/juke is what made the return possible, and that's where the problem lies. If you are going to take a returner that close to the pile, you better try to get through (and not around) that pile.

I want to thank Doug for bringing this up and again stress that this isn't meant to defame Pope at all. This is simply an opportunity for discussion and clarification.

• Like Like x 1
  18. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Wow! What an exciting finish. Thanks for the highlights Doug! Great win Pope!

• Like Like x 1