/::/ Jacksonville Journal Gazette /::/ Jaguars Upend Jets; Advance To Divisional Round (HIGHLIGHTS)

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CHUNKNESS, Jan 5, 2014.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

East Rutherford, NJ - In a battle of wills, the Jaguars (10-6) were able to advance past the Jets (11-5) in their 2015 Wild Card match-up. A perplexing call by the Jaguars coaching staff transpired in the final moments of the game. Rather than attempting to maintain possession, the Jaguars elected to kneel out the clock in the final two minutes allowing the Jets an opportunity to beat them through the air with just over 30 seconds remaining. With a 9 mph wind at their backs, the Jets almost did just that. "Our defense has been an integral part of our team's success all season," Jaguars head coach Brenner commented following the game. "We're a defensive minded team and we decided to rely on what we know best." That decision almost backfired on the Jaguars, but they were able to escape MetLife Stadium victorious, 34-28. With the win, the Jaguars travel to Cleveland to take on the #1 seeded Browns (13-3) in the AFC Divisional Round of the playoffs.

Great game, TJ! In a game of inches, I'm lucky to have come out ahead in this one. Until we meet again! klaximilian

HIGHLIGHTS:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

YAY for video highlights! Nice win Doug and best of luck next round.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CHUNKNESS

Thx Karim! Good to know somebody watches these! (y)

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Great win for you, Doug. That pass to Holmes with :08 seconds left will haunt me. :confused:

GL in the next round. If you could win it all so I could say I lost to the SB Champ, that would be great. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  5. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Santonio needs to go balls out. Great game guys.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CHUNKNESS

Thx TJ. Not holding my breath for any miracles, but will certainly do my best. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  7. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Wooooowwwww Holmes needed that ball to be 1 foot closer

• Like Like x 2
  8. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Wow! What a great game! That last drive by the Jets was intense! Great season T.J.! Congrats on the win Doug, and good luck against those Browns!

• Like Like x 2
  9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

No kidding, I thought he had it.

Geno could have also put more touch on it. That throw cost him his job in NY:banghead:

• Like Like x 1