Jags/Bills Deal

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by XLenceofXQtion, Jan 13, 2012.

1. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Keller

Jags offer:
    QB B.Gabbert
    1st round pick

for

Bills
    QB R.Mallett
    3rd round pick

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Shaun Mason
    Jmustang1968
    Emmdotfrisk
    BobJr

Yes I realize this looks slanted towards the Bills. Realize that Xlence loves Malletts arm strength and won a championship with him in his other league - that is his reasoning behind this trade. I had been offered a similar trade earlier in the year and did not pull the trigger because the trade was not so much in my favor and I really liked Mallett. However, this is a deal I just cant refuse. I don't like Gabbert that much, his deep ball skills are flat out terrible, but this helps me in the draft and that is my main focus.

3. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

I have Mallett in another league and he is perfect for what I need on my offense. His 98THP is the strongest in the league. No one can top that so it makes him a slightly rare QB. Bills are relunctant to let go of Mallett, and I persuaded with offering my first round for his 3rd round. To me, Malletts 98THP and what his abilities allow me to do what I need to do.

As a franchise owner I make moves to help me and I my team, not silly moves to destroy my team. Mallett is my superbowl QB, and that is my reason that makes this trade fair in for both sides.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Jags are giving up way to much. If it was Gabbert and a 4th round pick for Mallett and a 2nd rd pick...that would be more fair.

Anytime you open with "this looks slanted towards" then it's an unfair deal.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Keller

Gabbert doesn't progress like at all. I don't even like him - its just an offer I couldn't pass up. Oh well.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Isn't it past the trading deadline?

7. Keller

This would be for the offseason - but yes you are 100% correct.

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Jags don't have a first round pick for this year as I currently own their first round so it would have to be a first rounder for the following year.

9. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Lol alright I gotta chime in on this one. What in the world in going on here? Did you agree to take X out to dinner or bribe him or something? Are you holding his family members as ransom lol? Mallet is a B pot average QB at 73 overall. You don't give up a first round pick for that, nor do you give up your A POT 22 year old 80 OVR QB along with it. I can't believe X would offer that, and I can't believe Keller would actually have the balls to try to get away with it haha. Sorry but this is horrible. Keller just give up on trying to acquire another first round pick man.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

From what I found Gabbert should progress around a 87, and Mallet gets to around a 83.

11. Keller

Like I said, its an offer I couldn't pass up. I don't want Gabbert at all, he can't throw the ball downfield. Unfortunately this was a trade I just couldnt say no to.

12. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

His deep throw accuracy is pretty terrible right now. But as he progresses he will have 99 for both short and medium accuracy. Pretty good, and his deep throw does get better.

13. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Hmmmm... trade commitee fine for cpu trades... should let grown men make their own trades.

14. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

What this eliminates every time you try to make trades balanced:

Trading to the highest bidder...
    Poor teams getting slanted deals to improve faster (we only have a few seasons left)...

15. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Because if for some reason you leave the Jags, it is hard to fill that team with a new owner when they dump their talent in imbalanced trades. Some imbalance is fine, but from ratings standpoint, your are downgrading your team in both parts of the trade.

• Like Like x 3
  16. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

you know I'm not gonna leave... my leaving is as absurd as Keller leaving. I stayed with you guys until the final season in m11... I am a good reliable owner. Its a moot point now because I didnt know previous owner traded my 1st....

But I am GREAT with Mallett I know how to use his 98THP... won a superbowl in my league his rookie year and in the playoffs his 2nd year looking to repeat. Trading is also about how much someone really values a player... not just value on paper.

17. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Realize I have no authority here, but why not Mallet for Gabbert straight up? Keller gets an upgrade (if only for more trade bait), you get your guy, and everyone is happy. I know I'd be 100 percent ok with that.

18. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Thats what I originally offered it doesnt help him though... Imagine an NFL team that has never mad the playoffs. Trading Mallett for Gabbert makes them a playoff team? meh... but Gabbert and a 1st round helps them improve. Makes it less about the rich staying rich, and helps the poor ya know.

I am BA with Mallett

19. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Welp since this deal is dead, I figured Id post this hilarious video I just found. Its great.

20. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

21. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Not when grown men want to make cheese trades

22. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

c'mon ... I really really like Mallett. In my league I really wanted DRC, so I traded 2 first rounds in 2013 and 1 first ound in 2014 and MLB D.Hawthorne... and I am killin' it with my defense know... Knew exactly what I wanted... had to persuade more in order to get an untradeable player. Not sure how its cheese if both parties are happy and become successful with their teams... Sure everyone thought it was crazy to give so much for one player, value is in the eye of the Beholder. It made my defense crazy good getting it just right.

23. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    The committee just recently started evaluating deals. So this past trades are well... The past. If you want Mallett that bad then rework it but you are giving up entirely too much. My vote is to reject it

24. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

25. Keller

Not from what I've seen.