Jaguar Rookies Make Plays in First Game

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by wayers50, Jan 6, 2012.

1. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Oct 17, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL-
    Three of the Jaguars first draft picks played in their first NFL game on Sunday and all three of them had some sort of impact on the game.​
    First we'll start of with their first draft pick out of the second round: Anfernee Sparks. He didn't have a huge impact on the game but he did have a forced fumble which would lead to a touchdown. " The adrenaline was rush insane, it was a lot to take in", said Sparks, "I've done my best to prepare for this game, going through all the mini camps, work outs, and listening to coaches. When I saw the football hit the ground I knew right away that I would have a chance to grab it, so i pounced on it".​
    Next up is Asa Miles, the cornerback out of South Carolina. He recorder two tackles, one interception, and one forced fumble. When asked about the interception, "I was just playing zone, kind of floating into the flats and he threw it and I was able to break on the ball"​
    Last but not least is wide receiver Jazz Kinnard, who is going to have a bigger role in the offense now that Boldin is out for 11 weeks. Kinnard stepped up in Boldin's absence catching a key third down ball to keep the drive going. "Man this game is fast, but I was able to keep my head on straight and do my job", Kinnard said. Kinnard finished the game with two catches for 37 yards.​
    We'll continue to follow these rookies on our weekly rookie report. Up next for the Jaguars is the division rival Titans.​

• Like Like x 3