/::/ Jaguars Journal Gazette /::/ Scott Named Starting Quarterback

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CHUNKNESS, Aug 31, 2013.

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Jun 13, 2010
    Matt Scott Named Jaguars Starting Quarterback

Jacksonville, FL - The Jacksonville Jaguars have named their starting quarterback for the 2013 season. Following repeated success with the first-team offense in practice and convincing showings against scrimmage opponents, Matt Scott has been given the keys to the Jaguar(s). The coaching staff has been buzzing about the leadership and consistency he has brought to the team.

Matt has just got good football savvy," Coach Bradley stated following a Saturday morning scrimmage against the Titans. "He understands our offense extremely well and has performed very consistently throughout spring ball and fall camp."

The coaches aren't the only ones who are excited. The Jaguars fans have been hoping for a savior for years.

I'm just pretty fortunate to be in the situation that I'm in," Scott said following a 14/24, 186 yd, 3 TD, 1 INT showing against the Titans. "The coaches obviously think I'm capable of (leading the team). I'm just excited for the opportunity."

Blaine Gabbert had shown a glimpse of promise and Chad Henne was brought into camp with the intent to create some competition for the starting job. However, with the unexpected achievements by Scott, the search for a starting quarterback is over. There will be great expectations for Scott as he leads the Jaguars through the 2013 season.
    • Like Like x 7