Jaguars - OMFL Cup Results

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Jaguars - OMFL Cup Results

Game 1: Loss vs. Cardinals (Jeremy) 21-17
    Game 2: Win vs. Eagles (Vishal) 28-24
    Game 3: Win vs. Saints (Nate) 27-24
    Game 4: Loss vs. Raiders 27-24

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Game 1 vs. Cardinals was another great game between two of the best defenses in the league. Jaguars would get up 17-7 in the 4th quarter, but Jeremy would begin his great comeback with an interception and then some great passing by the ageless one, Kurt Warner. Cardinals would score a touchdown to make it 14-10.

Jaguars would get the ball back and Maurice Jones-Drew would seemingly get a first down on a 10 yard run on third down, only to have the officials make a very questionable call and rule it short. No challenges meant the Cards would get the ball back, and they would capitalize with a FG to make it 14-14.

Then the Jaguars would throw an interception deep in Cards territory. However the defense would step up and pick Warner off to set up the Jags with great field position. However the Cards defense would step up and hold the Jags to a field goal making it 17-14.

Then the great final drive would begin, with the Cards chewing up nearly all the clock and going nearly 80 yards and would finally score with three seconds left on an unbelievable throw between atleast 3 defenders in the end zone.

Final score 21-17 Cardinals.....GREAT game.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Jaguars were coming of a loss against the Cardinals, and they would need a win against a tough Eagles team if their slim hopes of advancing past pool play would stay alive.

In what was yet another great battle in Group C, teams would trade scores with the Eagles either tied or ahead for most of the game. Philly would have leads of 7-0, 14-7, and 21-14, before the Jaguars would make the game changing play. Sensing their chances slipping out of reach, Coach Dunlap decided that he was going to pull out all the stops. Instead of kicking an easy field goal on 4th and inches, he would call the fake and backup QB McCown would find Rashad Jennings wide open and he would race in to make it 21-21.

After a field goal by the Eagles, the Jags offense would use great ball control and a steady dose of Jones-Drew to eat up the clock and score the go-ahead touchdown with less than three minutes left making it 28-24. The Eagles would fail on a fourth down attempt and the Jaguars would get one first down and run out the clock.

After realizing that I am working with a BARE BONES team here, I am finding that I really have to change my game plan to have any chance against the stacked teams in Group C. Jags are 76OVR, and in a division with the Pats, Saints, Eagles, and Cardinals! Oh boy. . .

1-1 isn't a bad result after the first two, i'll take it.

Great game Vishal! I'm sure you'll be right there with a chance to advance out of Pool Play when its all said and done.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

The Jaguars defense continued to play well in a 27-24 win over the New Orleans Saints. It was another great battle between Nate and me with each team having multiple leads during the game. Reggie Bush and MJD put on a show, with each back going for well over 100 yards each.

The difference in this game was the four turnovers by the Saints, including three interceptions thrown by Drew Brees. To be honest, Brees had his way with the Jaguars mainly man defense most of the game, completing easy pass after easy pass. It was the few attemps deep that did Brees in with CB Mathis picking off three passes deep down the sidelines.

Jaguars improve to 2-1 in Group C, with a couple of tough ones remaining against the Pats and Raiders. Saints fall to 0-1, but that seems to be a common theme in this group. Hopefully they'll rebound like the Jags and Raiders have done after their opening game losses.

GG Nate. You absolutely ate up my man to man defense, both with the pass and run....ick. The only times I was able to be successful is when I caught you off guard with the occassional blitz or zone. Another great one between us. Looking forward to a rematch in the OMFL Bowl ;).

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

Jags are beating by Joe's Raiders 27-24 in a game that wasn't as close as the final score. He pretty much controlled this game throughout. GG man, see you in a week maybe in the playoffs.

Jags now need a ton of help to get out of Group A. I'm still really proud of how much I've grown as a player being able to hang in there with this squad. I remember in Season 1 I had basically this squad and really really had a tough time against the elite teams.