1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Jake Peavy traded to White Sox

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by VTEaZyE86, Jul 31, 2009.

1. VTEaZyE86

VTEaZyE86 Guest

Jake Peavy traded to White Sox

Talk about a trade out of nowhere, this is it. Peavy, currently on the DL goes to Chicago for 4 prospects ...

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9876836/Agent:-ChiSox-land-Peavy-in-late-deadline-trade

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Yeah and RedSox got Victor Martinez. Lee, Peavy, Martinez dealt before deadline, 3 yooge deals

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I really liked Peavy.

You can look at it one of two ways:

Positive: his arm is healthy

Negative: He can't seem to keep the rest of his body healthy. The littany of stupid injuries this dude has suffered would honestly make you guys laugh. I won't try to post them all, but I'll post this one:

Jake Peavy, the San Diego Padres ace pitcher, suffered a bruised rib cage on his right side while celebrating the clinching of the National League West division. A bruised rib cage makes pitching very painful and it showed as he was hammered in the first game of the Padres/Cardinals division series match up.

He's currently out with a bad ankle. It's almost rarely the arm with him, but with his ++effort motion, I almost think these freakish, stupid injuries have saved him from major arm problems.

that said, he's undoubtedly in the Top 10 starting pitchers in the game, when healthy. I think that he probably had some thoughts of playing for the Padres his entire career. But when they traded a guy like Hoffman, those thoughts probably went by the wayside.