Jake Peavy traded to White Sox

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by VTEaZyE86, Jul 31, 2009.

1. VTEaZyE86

VTEaZyE86 Guest

Jake Peavy traded to White Sox

Talk about a trade out of nowhere, this is it. Peavy, currently on the DL goes to Chicago for 4 prospects ...

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9876836/Agent:-ChiSox-land-Peavy-in-late-deadline-trade

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Yeah and RedSox got Victor Martinez. Lee, Peavy, Martinez dealt before deadline, 3 yooge deals

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I really liked Peavy.

You can look at it one of two ways:

Positive: his arm is healthy

Negative: He can't seem to keep the rest of his body healthy. The littany of stupid injuries this dude has suffered would honestly make you guys laugh. I won't try to post them all, but I'll post this one:

Jake Peavy, the San Diego Padres ace pitcher, suffered a bruised rib cage on his right side while celebrating the clinching of the National League West division. A bruised rib cage makes pitching very painful and it showed as he was hammered in the first game of the Padres/Cardinals division series match up.

He's currently out with a bad ankle. It's almost rarely the arm with him, but with his ++effort motion, I almost think these freakish, stupid injuries have saved him from major arm problems.

that said, he's undoubtedly in the Top 10 starting pitchers in the game, when healthy. I think that he probably had some thoughts of playing for the Padres his entire career. But when they traded a guy like Hoffman, those thoughts probably went by the wayside.