Jam.'s Game of the Week (Week 6)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jam., Dec 16, 2009.

1. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Jam.'s Game of the Week (Week 6)

So since this league moves so quickly, I'm going to be doing the Game of the Week segment one week in advance...For example, during week 5 I'll preview week 6's GoW, and so on.

Florida Gators (Mr2Bits08) at Louisiana State University Tigers (Goatstain)

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

Baton Rouge, LA- Week 6's Game of the Week is a battle for SEC reign and a struggle to stay in the National Championship hunt. The Gators travel to Death Valley to take on the talented LSU Tigers, in a classic SEC showdown that is sure to showcase speed, power, and finesse, all in one game. While LSU lost to current #1 Ohio State, Florida has lost to current #12 West Virginia.

Matchup: Florida offense against LSU defense.

It's not a question of whether or not Florida has more talent than LSU's defense, but whether or not they can execute. Florida obviously has Tim Tebow, one of the best players in college football, and LSU's main concern should be whether they can contain him. If Tebow is shut down, Florida should not have a problem running the ball to the outside with their dual running back attack. Running backs Chris Rainey and Jeffery Demps are the fastest players on the field, and they should be able to outrun the below average speed of LSU's linebackers.

Advantage; Florida

Matchup: LSU offense against Florida defense.

Though Jordan Jefferson is a talented player, he is only a sophomore, and undeveloped. I predict that LSU's offense will have trouble keeping up with Florida in a shootout, as they simply lack the playmakers to compete with Florida's amazing defensive players like Carlos Dunlap, Brandon Spikes, and Joe Haden. If LSU's defense can come up with some key turnovers, LSU's offense might be able to seize the momentum. But if not, look to the special teams to provide the necessary spark.

Advantage; Florida

Predictions!

The hostile territory of Death Valley will keep it close, but Florida wins in a shoot out.

Florida- 49
    Louisiana State University- 35

(Post your own predictions below)

2. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Nice write up Jam. I will not make a prediction, but will say that LSU has more playmakers than you think. Charles Scott and Trindon Holiday are like Thunder and Lightning running the ball. Also, I'm pretty sure that Goat uses Russell Shepherd at QB; his 94 speed is going to something of a problem. Hopefully this will be an instant classic and a preview of the SEC Championship game. The winner will have to essentially beat the other twice to stay in the National Title picture...

3. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Oh, well I only looked at the rosters, not the stats of the games :( I didn't know he used a different QB.

And I agree about the running backs, however Florida's defensive line and Brandon Spikes by himself should be more than enough to at least contain them to a reasonable level.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm going with LSU just because Florida needs some conference losses so I can make a run towards the SEC championship,lol

LSU- 28
    Florida- 27

5. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

These are both very strong teams, with lots of playmakers on both sides. Since I have to pick a winner I will say Florida 27 - LSU 21. I predict UF TE Aaron Hernandez will be the difference maker.

6. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Fla has too many weapons and Tebow is on a roll. UF 42 LSU 39.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

We need to get this up again

8. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

I totally agree. I really enjoyed reading these