Jam.'s Pre-Season Power Rankings!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jam., Sep 14, 2010.

1. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Jam.'s Pre-Season Power Rankings!

Hey guys welcome to the preseason installment of my power rankings! Since I'll be doing these tri-weekly, they won't be in depth as some of the other content you may have seen me do on TF, but if I get in the writing mood, you never know. At this point, my Jets lost on MNF, looking as disgraceful as humanly possible, so I'm not really in the mood to write too much. But all in all, I will do my best to provide some enjoyable content!

1) #2 Penn State Nitanny Lions

You gotta have the defending national champs as the #1 team on any kind of preseason power rankings (except for the one in-game, apparently).

Though they lost Evan Royster, the Nitanny Lions look to pick up where they left off as Red Shirt Senior Stephfon Green (96 speed and 97 agility) is a burner of a back, ready to take over the running game for Penn State. Quarterback Kevin Newsome is also set to give defenses some fits, as he is a dual threat to run at any moment.

The main weakness of the Nitanny Lions lies in their linebacking core, with a subpar LOLB and MLB. However their extra ordinary secondary should be able to pick up the slack, with two shutdown corners in Morris and Lynn, as well as senior safties Astorino and Sukay.

[EDITOR'S NOTE: Penn State has a safety with the last name ObengAgyapong...how awesome is that?!]

2) #3 Wisconsin Badgers

Boise State coach BobJR probably just spit out his morning coffee when he saw that the Badgers were ranked above his Broncos, but I truly feel that this year may be a special one for Wisconsin. Though their defense is lacking in talent, the Badgers field perhaps the most dangerous running back in all of college football, Senior All-American John Clay (99 overall!!), as well as Senior WR Nick Toon (awesome name). If the Badgers can play ball control offense, they should be able to contend for a national championship.

3) #9 Boise State Broncos

Ah, Boise State. The little MWC team that could. Shut out of the NC game last year even though they finished undefeated, the Broncos will be playing with a chip on their shoulder. Though Boise State lacks talent equal to bigger schools, BobJR is an incredible coach, and Kellen Moore is just a monster of a player (99 overall). Boise State can never be counted out of NC Game consideration in the preseason.

4) #7 USC Trojans

Ah, the enigmatic USC Trojans. We all know the have talent across the board, but the ultimate question is, can they put it all together? It should be interesting to see what Junior QB Matt Barkley can do with some mroe experience in the system, and the player on defense to look out for is All-American RE Nick Perry.

5) #6 Iowa Hawkeyes

A change at the helm for Iowa this year, as Ricki Stanzi has left the program. With the loss of Stanzi, the Hawkeyes are hurting for talent at the QB position, and will have to rely heavily on Junior RB Adam Robinson. Iowa can also have confidence on its defense, which (overlooking the defensive line) has a lot of solid talent, especially their Senior SS, Tyler Sash.

6) #10 Stanford Cardinal

Andrew Luck has stayed for another season, and there should be rejoicing in the Stanford campus. As long as you have a big time player like Andrew Luck on your team, you are never out of a game. Couple that with a few defensive stars, and you have a team that can beat any team any given Sunday. Just pray you catch Luck on an off day.

7) #22 BYU Cougars

Ah, the lovable Mormons from Utah. BYU has maintained all of the key players on offense that led them to an 11-2 record and a BCS Bowl berth last season, with Senior QB Riley Nelson making his return, as well as All-American WR Spencer Hafoka. However, The Cougars lost a lot of talent on defense, and have voids at MLB and CB. It will take a few years for the recruiting classes that Jam has been getting to kick in, but in the meantime, look out for BYU's offense.

8) #17 Oregon State Beavers

Two words. Jacquizz Rodgers. Though the offense may be lacking in the skill positons around him, it may not matter at all. Just hand the ball off to All-American Jacquizz, and let him go to work. If the defense can do its part, the Beavers may be able to make some noise in the Pac-10, but probably not enough to overtake the likes of Stanford and USC.

9) #24 TCU Horned Frogs

TCU is actually a much more balanced team than one might think. They have a healthy spread of talent along the offensive line, running backs and wide receivers. However, their secondary is lacking, and if opposing offenses can exploit those weaknesses, it could be a long day for the Horned Frogs.

10) Oregon Ducks

New coach nrg takes over the reigns as coach of the Ducks, finally completing the carosel of coaches who went through there over the last few years. He faces a daunting task, playing in the toughest conference in BfR.

[EDITOR'S NOTE: For some reason I guess my NCAA is bugged and it isn't showing me the depth chart for Oregon...sorry nrg.]

11) Michigan State

Ahh, Michigan State. Coached by the loveable destroyer of controllers, CA. Sadly, Michigan State simply does not have the talent to match up with other teams in the dynasty, with subpar corners, a subpar MLB, and a couple of bad safeties. It seems like their defense is what really will be holding them back, which is a shame because their top QB and WR are seniors.

12) Utah Utes

Everyone likes Frisk, but as much as it pains me to say, but compared with the other teams in this dynasty, Utah is a talentless void of nothingness. It will take much skill to make this rag tag bunch of recruits into a contender, but more realistically it will take a few recruiting seasons. Good luck Frisk.

2. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Good look Jam. I would not take a nap on CA or Frisk, they will have those teams contending.

On another note, has Keller found his way home from the stadium yet, because I know damn well, after taking a hit like that, that is why he missed making the 4th down play.

Mike

3. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

You really want to upset me, huh? :HoosierHoo: So many things wrong with that game...that last offensive play fit it just perfectly.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

Nice write up man. I'll be looking forward to these!

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Good Job Jam! Yeah the Utes will be fun. Root for the underdog!

6. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Nice bashing of my Spartans! lol

We do have 3 good QB's in the waiting.