Jam's "The Hot Seat" vol. 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jam., Jul 22, 2011.

1. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Hello fellow Croppers, It's about that time of year where each team knows how their season is going, and fans of those teams begin whispering about firing a coach if they aren't doing so well. This 'blog' is going to outline those coaches who are in the most danger of losing their jobs this offseason, as well as my own personal predictions of whether they get fired or not.

[Ranked from least job security to most]

1) Tulsa - Steve Thomas (BiggSteve31): 48% Job security and currently the 2nd most likely coach in the NATION to get fired this off season. Tulsa is 2-7 this year, and currently rank 2nd to last in passing defense and last in the nation in turnover differential. Many of their losses have been by a large margin, though they did have a rough loss to UAB in week 6.

It's hard to tell if the woes of Tulsa fall on the coach's head or the quarterback's, who has 7 touchdowns to go with a whopping 18 interceptions (almost 2 per game.)

Coach Thomas will certainly have to win a couple of games down the stretch if he hopes to keep his job.

Jam's Prediction: In a stunner, Coach Thomas is NOT fired as Tulsa decides to give him another year.

2) Syracuse - Mike Matthews (Jigcityboss): Also with 48% job security and the 3rd most likely to get fired, Coach Matthews has lead the Syracuse Orange to a woeful 1-7 record on the year in a tough Big East. It seems the main issue for the Orange is their complete lack of a running game, as they have the 2nd to worst running offense in the country. Add that to a defense that is ranked #114 in the nation, and it isn't hard to see how they have ended up 1-7.

Jam's Prediction: Syracuse buys out the remainder of Coach Matthews' contract, as they look to become more competitive in the Big East.

3) FIU - Nick Fallad (Jam1278): With 52% job security, this Coach of his alma mater could feel the hot seat after a miserable 1-8 start to the season. Calling FIU his "dream job", the athletic department knows that Jam is giving the program his all, and he might be able to snag a couple of big time recruits. A recent win over hated archrival FAU at home might prove to be Coach Fallad's saving grace. However, if the Golden Panthers don't improve on their running offense, Coach Fallad could find himself in the same situation next season.

Jam's Prediction: Coach Fallad is given some more time at his Alma Mater.

These are all the coaches that I feel have a realistic shot to lose their jobs this off season. For some it can mean losing a great opportunity in a big time conference, for others it can mean losing a head coaching position on a team that's already at the bottom of the NCAA, perhaps relegating them to an coordinator position for their next job.

Any comments and discussion are welcome!

• Like Like x 3
  2. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Great write up jam! I Havent toyed around with coaching carousel yet to see what the ramifications are from a bad season (who knows yet what a bad season is). With that said, i would hope that everyone would get a chance to right the ship instead of a one and done kinda thing.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Wow Jam, you actually posted something worth a fuck.

If I was a betting man Coach Fallad and Matthews are gonna be fired at seasons end.

Coach Thomas will be given a pass since he practically started Mid-season

• Like Like x 2
  4. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Damn Jam i have to agree with David you actually did a great post here!!

I don't see myself coming back next season. In my mind I'm DONE! but who knows how EA has this thing playing out hopefully i get another year with the Orange if not oh well MAC or Sun Belt here i come

5. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

I have toyed with a bit, simming four seasons and here is what I saw-

- I don't think anyone in our league is in danger of being fired this season. I think all contracts except mine and Bits are three years and firings don't happen until the end of the contract.
    - Also, no one is close to zero percent and in the dynasty I ran, Ron English was under ten percent for at least two plus seasons
    - The key is to get that coach prestige rating up, which might be easier to do in a coordinator position.
    - If you are fired at a low prestige school, in almost all instances you have to take a coordinator position. But the position you are offered can come at a higher presitge school. The UL Monroe coach was fired after four but then hired by Colorado as a defensive coordinator.
    - The coordinator goals looked relatively easy, such as a certain number of sacks, picks, etc

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jam.

Well my contract is one year :/

7. Iron Mickey

Yeah you're fucked. Maybe JFunk34 will let you be his defensive coordinator

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jam.

I can only hope!

9. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

you can keep hoping but it will not happen maybe you travel not to far for a new job at FAU

10. Jam.

Never...

11. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Hmmmm..... how about graduate assistant?

Jam.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steve

Steve Walk On

I may be the exception the rule...I may get fired after week 12, but I know if I let my QB touch the field again I may be beaten by the fans.:)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Jam.

I want water boy. Take it or leave it.

14. Iron Mickey

I laughed really hard at this.

15. tuco418

Big time programs with possible openings for 2013 season

Missouri
    Georgia
    Ohio State
    Clemson
    Florida

16. Jam.

Update on this coming tomorrow!

17. jca312

jca312 Walk On

You looking to move on after this season Tuco?

18. Iron Mickey

You bet your ass he is....I can see his eyes watering he is looking so hard.

19. tuco418

After year three is when I hope to bolt

You an FIU-lifer?

20. Jam.

Dunno if you meant to quote me or not but hell yeah I'm an FIU lifer, I just hope we move up in conferences eventually.

21. tuco418

Head coach jobs likely available

Illinois
    Texas
    Georgia
    Florida

22. Iron Mickey

I will be heading to Austin, Texas baby!

RTP will go to Georgia

tuco418 will go to Florida

Mark it down

• Like Like x 2
  23. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

What about me? Little success at Wazzu and no respect...all these other guys moving on....me not so much eh?

25. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Keep thinking it would be fun to move, but then again it would be fun to stay...you grow attached to the school and players.

• Like Like x 1