Jeff Hickerson - Middle Tennessee State University

Discussion in 'Extreme Makeover' started by titangator, Jul 16, 2013.

1. titangator

titangator Walk On

Sep 30, 2010
    MTSU athletic director Chris Massaro has made it official, Middle Tennessee has promoted it's special teams coordinator to head coach of the Blue Raider football program. Yes, you read that right, not a defensive coordinator, or offensive coordinator, but the Special Teams coordinator. "I feel that to run a special teams unit effectively, you have to possess ultimate organizational skills and have the ability to get guys to buy in to playing a role on special teams, usually a younger group of guys at that. Coach Hickerson has excelled at this position the past 3 years and I feel he is very prepared to make the next step as head coach of this football program as we move into the Conference USA," said Massaro.

Hickerson was a 4 year letterman and 3 year starter as a slot receiver for the Blue Raiders in his playing days before becoming a graduate assistant on the coaching staff after his eligibility was up. He then was named WR coach for 2 years before being named Special Teams coordinator as well as recruiting coordinator.

"I am very honored to be the next head coach of this football program, especially at this time, as we move into a new conference and begin a new era. I have seen the ups of this program, as well as the downs, and promise to the fans from this day forward that I and my staff will do everything in our power to recruit high character student athletes who will not only exceed their expectations on the field, but off the field as well. We will look to keep mid state kids here in the mid state, and we will continue to recruit Georgia and Florida as much as we can. Again, I would like to think Chris for this opportunity, my family for supporting me through the years here, and the fans for welcoming me in. I will now take any questions you all may have."(This is the part where you other coaches can ask questions if yall want lol)

• Like Like x 3
  2. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Jun 5, 2012
    I lol'd at the "skills" required to be a ST coordinator. [​IMG]