Jeff Watkins: A Season with

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by King_CEPS_11, May 24, 2010.

1. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Jeff Watkins: The 2016 Season

Interviewer:Today we have an exclusive interview with Penn State Quarterback and Heisman hopeful Jeff Watkins. Jeff, thanks for meeting with me today.

Jeff Watkins:Absolutely, I'm glad I get to do this.

Interviewer:First talk about your first two season. What has it been like for you?

Jeff Watkins:It's been great, but it's been tough. We have won 21 games which is nothing to be ashamed of, but at the same thing 12-4 in the Big Ten Conference and two Outback Bowl Championships isn't good enough. We should be in the top two of the Big Ten every year and we need to be in BCS Bowls.

Interviewer: What has been the reason that you guys have struggled to get over the top?

Jeff Watkins:It has been all little things. In 2014 we went to double overtime with Ohio State, but couldn't get the job done. Last year we fought back against Florida State after giving away points early only to see it slip away at the end and against Wisconsin it was just stupid mistakes that cost us. So we are close to being there but just haven't gotten it done.

Interviewer:How is the team going to change all that this year?

Jeff Watkins:We have to do the little things in everything we do, on the field and off the field. That is the only way we can expect to do the little things when it matters most.

Interviewer:With all that being said, does this team have a chance to compete for the Big Ten title?

Jeff Watkins:I think we can compete for a Big Ten title and for a National Title. The Big Ten has a lot of talent, they have four teams in the top eight and then another at 18 and 22. So there is a lot of talent in the Big Ten, but there is also a lot of talent on this team. The way the schedule works out we should have a chance to take home the Big Ten Crown.

Interviewer: You mentioned the schedule. Tell us your early impressions of how everyone stacks up?

Jeff Watkins:The first thing you notice is that we are very fortunate to have our three toughest opponents at home. We get Miami, Ohio State, and Michigan all at Happy Valley, so that is good for us. But we will have to play some good people on the road, like #9 California, #18 Notre Dame, and #22 Iowa.

Interviewer: Most analysts have you guys going 9-3 or 8-4 in the regular season. What are your thoughts about that?

Jeff Watkins:With the last three years as evidence, that is probably an accurate guess, but those people aren't at practice everyday with us and in our meetings and at our workouts. We have something to prove to people and we have a bit of a chip on our shoulder this year. Honestly, I would be disappointed with anything less than 13-0.

Interviewer:Ok let's talk about you for a minute. What does all this Heisman hype mean to you?

Jeff Watkins:It means a lot of stress. I don't really care about winning the Heisman, I just want to win 13 ball games.

Interviewer: But you finished fourth in the voting last year after missing three games, and you come into the season ranted number two. Is it a realistic prediction to say that you will win the Heisman?

Jeff Watkins:I guess it is, but that isn't in my train of thought. There are a lot of other great players out there that are better than me and want it more than me. To be honest I think one of those boys down in Baton Rouge will take it home.

Interviewer:Well Jeff, it was a pleasure meeting you and hopefully we will get to do this a few more times throughout the year.

Jeff Watkins:Thanks for having me and hopefully when we meet again we will have quite a few wins under our belts.

2. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Nice one on one interview with your QB King! Very informative and opinionated.

3. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Thanks man. Hopefully I can get some wins and then have some more down the road.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Great Job King. Excellent layout.

5. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

great interview real good read