Jeremy- NFC team issue. what do we do?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Jeremy- NFC team issue. what do we do?

I received this from Chunk in regards to Pepper.

---------------

hey, FYI... Rob and I were set to play our cup game on Friday and he backed out saying he wasn't into it and that we could give it a go on Saturday. Saturday came and the same thing. In both conversations he indicated he doesn't really want the win. I'm just assuming he wants to be eliminated out of the tourney so that he doesnt need to play anymore. i'm doubtful that we'll get our game in by tues, but i'll see if he'll play. either way, i'm not very motivated to play knowing that he isn't going to put forth any effort. other than my game against Scikotic, i feel like the other games i played were potentially thrown as well so, but i could be wrong. it just makes it hard to continue on if guys are going to waste our time. anyway, just wanted to keep you in the know.Doug.

----------------

Like I've said before if guys need a summer break, so need some time with the fam, or just plain want to get away from video games for awhile I can understand that. However, Pepper and I play in the same NCAA league and he's been playing multiple games a day there.

If he likes NCAA better and wants to dedicate all his time to that, totally cool. But he shouldn't be wasting our time here.

What do you think we should do?

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Bruce needs to get on this and talk with Pepper and find out. Totally unacceptable. Jeremy you can talk to him as well since this is pretty blatant.

3. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

I've gotten the same types of feelings about some of the other guys in the OMFL Cup. But it was from guys who are fantastic with the league during the regular seasons. I wouldn't come down too hard on the guys who seem uninterested; but yeah I know it kind of sucks for the guys who really want to try to win this.

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I will talk to him today.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I hate to say it but NCAA makes Madden 10 feel like old hat. With the demo coming out the 27th there should be some refined interest.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

I agree Frisk, but its not fair to Bluebean, Sciko, Jeremy, and the other guys were are going all out in this, doing what the board has asked, and trying to drive excitement for the Cup.

I think its totally cool if Pepper isn't interested in Madden anymore. That's understandable. But he should have dropped out of the league when that happened and spared us this headache.

7. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I think next year we should maybe consider a seeded single elimination tourney based off owners records for all seasons combined. This would reduce the number of games quite that people have to play but would still give us a bit of a bridge to the next year. Its just hard to keep some people going strong after playing the game for 12 months. I mean I think alot of these guys are good owners its just the culmination of summer, new games, and getting burned out on Madden. Just my 2cents

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

The OMFL cup was mandatory, so he couldnt drop out. (y)

9. BRUCE80

pepperklink is available 1:04 pm

MMBRUCE80 1:04 pm
    (1:04:16 PM): Hey pepper
    (1:05:01 PM): got a note that you sorta werent wanting to finish out your cup games, I just wanted to follow up and ask that you play them please.

I will post his response when it comes.

Thanks.

10. BRUCE80

pepperklink is available 1:04 pm
    MMBRUCE80 1:04 pm
    (1:04:16 PM): Hey pepper
    (1:05:01 PM): got a note that you sorta werent wanting to finish out your cup games, I just wanted to follow up and ask that you play them please.
    pepperklink is available 1:11 pm
    pepperklink 1:21 pm
    (1:21:33 PM): yeah i am burnt out on madden 10 and i need a break before 11
    MMBRUCE80 1:35 pm
    (1:35:34 PM): i understand that but this tourney is mandatory for all of us bro
    (1:35:50 PM): and the guys who are still in it are serious about it
    (1:35:58 PM): and want to get games in

11. BRUCE80

pepperklink 2:04 pm
    (2:04:35 PM): well i will try is all i can say. and dont make this out like i am the only 1, ive been the one to contact guys in every game ive played and chunkness is the only 1 to contact me
    MMBRUCE80 2:05 pm
    (2:05:05 PM): understood
    (2:05:16 PM): that isnt the point of contacting you P
    (2:05:22 PM): i am not singling you out
    pepperklink 2:05 pm
    (2:05:50 PM): to be honest i think this torunamant was a mistake to do at the end of madden 10, would have been better for the start of 11
    MMBRUCE80 2:06 pm
    (2:06:19 PM): fair enough, but it is what it is now P
    (2:06:28 PM): you gotta finish strong man..
    MMBRUCE80 2:06 pm
    (2:06:36 PM): pound out your games
    pepperklink 2:07 pm
    (2:07:01 PM): im trying but the game just isnt fun to me right now, i played 4 seasons in dougs league pmfl before coming here
    (2:07:13 PM): and i finished out the season strong and just feel i need a break ya know
    (2:07:19 PM): but i will try to get the game in
    MMBRUCE80 2:07 pm
    (2:07:28 PM): thank you.

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

Frisk, I meant that he should have dropped out of the league completely.

I know you and I have had long discussions about this on AIM recently, and we both seem to agree that the OMFL doesn't want to be one of the cookie cutter madden leagues that plays for 9 months, has medium to low content, and is more focused on keeping the league full than having good owners. These were all point we both agreed upon that is what separates the OMFL from the other leagues out there.

We might be nazis about some of this stuff, but it is beacause we want our league to be different and stand out. If a guy just isn't into Madden by May or whenever, then we won't be offended or take it personally when they need to leave the league. What I think that most of us who have been on the board long term are in agreement on is that we want people here who are active and committed to the league, whether that's in July or October.

Its nothing personal here against Pepper...its just taking the league in the direction we feel is best for the long term success of the league. And him being super active in the Bowlin for Roses NCAA league, while not wanted to be here tells me that he isn't enjoying himself anymore and is starting to drag others down with him (Chunk).

13. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Ya I agree. Agree or disagree with me all you want, the bottom line is the OMFL doesn't take a 'break' and if thats a deal breaker for guys then this league isn't for them. If the OMFL Cup didn't work then let's find something that does, but this stuff isn't acceptable and isn't what we pride this league on.

14. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

IMO, we should try a play 1, sim 2 kinda deal for next year. This would add another draft, Free Agency period and really show who which owners drafted well as most of the games would be simmed.