Jets/Chiefs trade

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by RaveDown, Nov 4, 2009.

1. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

Jets/Chiefs trade

Chiefs send

3rd round pick and SS Pollard

Jets send

WR Cotchery

I'd say hell no. Cotchery is 81 OVR, of course he's not great but his CIT is really good which counts in this game. Plus outside of TE Keller, he's his only good recieving target. I think the rest of his WRs are in the 60s.

If he was getting something good in return I'd be fine with it. But a third round pick is not alot and the SS is in the low 70s OVR with 77 speed. My LBs are faster then him

2. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

I have to agree with rave on this one. Leaves the Jets team with nothing at WR. Cotchery is not a superstar, but he is the best WR on a team that has a very poor WR group. I won't even get in to why someone would want Pollard. My vote is decline.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Pollard is a 78
    Cotchery is a 81

I can see why someone would want Pollard, good solid tackler, nice hit power, good in the box against the run.

Approved

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Jets should be getting a 2nd rounder in return for Cotchery as he has no other receivers of note left on his roster. I gotta decline on the recommendation that a 2nd rounder be part of the package.

5. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Jets should be getting a 2nd rounder in return for Cotchery as he has no other receivers of note left on his roster. I gotta decline on the recommendation that a 2nd rounder be part of the package.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Ummmm...... Dwayne Bowe?

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    LMAO, yeah after all that he tries to get someone not as good as bowe.

8. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I thinking about it a little are we putting too much value in Cotchery? The guys have a good point about the trade. It's not an outrageous trade, and it is possible the Jets have a plan to improve the WR position to get more speed through FA, the draft, or another trade. I was opposed to the trade at first but after looking at Cotchery's ratings it's kind of swayed me the other way. Sure he's trading his #1 WR but he did trade for one of the Raiders wrs who has decent ratings and is pretty young. I think in the future we have to be a little less conservative when discussing these trades. Unless there is total opposition I'm going to approve this one since I was the tie breaking vote.

9. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

I don't like it, but it's not a big time trade.

This is the third Jets coach and there is no telling how long he sticks around. Cotchery is a good player, a third round pick in which we might only play two seasons does not mean alot and the SS IMO is useless.

10. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah the safety is a throwaway for the most part but at this point it's whatever. I'm going to approve it and keep it moving.