Jets Hand the Keys to Petty!

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by dablakpope, Oct 8, 2015.

1. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Jul 23, 2010
    The Jets have turned over the reins of the team to rookie Brice Petty. After 6 games of Cable Geno and DirecTV Geno, Coach Johnson had seen enough. When asked about his benching Smith replied "Coach has to do what he feels is best for the team. Im gonna be ready if my number is called again and give Bryce any support that I can". Petty has looked sharp at times, completing 59% of his passes and 3 TDs but he also threw 3 ints. Coach Jimmy Johnson was quoted saying "Bryce looked to be in control throughout the game, I think his turnovers were a result of the coaching staff trying to do too much with our young qb". Week 9 the Jets take on the surprising Jaguars, let's hope Petty continue to improve on a week to week basis.

Also in Jets news, the team has been unable to agree to contract extensions with ROLB Q. Coples and RB C. Ivory but both sides are still at the negotiation table. News has leaked that the Jets are willing to franchise tag Ivory and not Coples. This could mean that Coples could hit the open market. Upon hearing this news Coples stated "At the end of the day, it's a business and never personal but I have to get what my agent and I feel are fair market value and I hope that's with the Jets". Will the 2 sides be able to come to an agreement? Only time will tell!
    • Like Like x 4
  2. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Mar 1, 2012
    Nice write content juices starting to flow