Jets/ Titans blockbuster

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Austin811, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Jets/ Titans blockbuster

Jets Send:
    CB Revis 99 A 25
    WR Clowney 68 C 26
    HB Green 81 A 25

Titans send:
    HB Chris Johnson 99 A 24
    WR Nate Washington 76 B 26
    CB Jason McCourty 68 B 23

We both agreed

Only a 5 OVR point difference but I think the B potential CB makes up for it

2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Geez, Titans are retarded.

It's an even trade tho.

3. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

yeah it was tough getting it even, but we did it after about 4 offers lol

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I approve. Even though I don't like teams trading away their top players like that.

5. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Approve, but co-sign what Perry said.

6. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Wow, I voted on this last night, I dont understand why sometimes my posts dont stick????

I approve. Its not these owners fault that Madden doesnt make Revis as impactful a player as CJ. Its not sim to see star players get traded. But we only play 3 seasons. And if this keeps guys playing then its worth it. It is something that would make a new owner skip the titans though if we were to lose the current owner. But we dont have a "Star Players" clause in the rules.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

You gotta be kidding me?! Titans are going to give away damn near their entire offense for a corner?! I don't care if it was Deion Sanders (the GOAT), Revis... man....

I'm saying no just because its a dumb move, if I can do that. It makes no sense for the Titans to deal him away.

If I can't disagree because its dumb and I'll reevaluate but right now... HELL TO THE NO, sorry Reed Dollarz

8. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, like i said retarded to trade CJ, but maybe he wants a power back instead. Greene will be 88 OVR by season 2 and will be a bitch to tackle soon. I'm not a big fan of star players being traded but you can't say it's an uneven trade, esp when you consider that CJ is done progressing. I'd venture to say the Titans make out pretty damn well from this trade. Top CB duo in the league now as well as a solid back.

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

True, but I'm looking at it like this... Revis will not dominate a game like CJ will EVER in Madden.... his 99 rating really means nothing but one receiver is covered IMO. But if he wants to trade away his franchise... man this is dumb... I guess I'll approve... the Jets are getting the better end of this deal... they still have LT they can dangle in front of teams... and I co-sign we'll have a tough time finding another Titan's coach if this one ever leaves.... I'm so glad this craziness is happening in the AFC:p

10. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

One thing we could consider is putting a star player restriction up for a vote........or thinking about it for 2012. HR I'd really be interested in your thoughts on that. By the same token everyone of these guys bought the game and pay their 5 bucks a month for XBL above and beyond their internet subscription. And most importantly they paid at least $12.00 to TMFL to be invested in this league. Theory being that we will have owners who will ride out their agressive trade decisions.

Maybe adding a 2012 star player clause that if you trade one, and its approved you may not switch teams because you significantly altered that team for a new owner? We cant stop guys from quitting, but we keep someone from moving after a big trade. So it lessens the impact.

Im not picking on either owner here just puking out thoughts.

Jerzey if you are comfortable with your amended vote of "Yes" that puts us at 4.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah, I'm good with a "Yes"... hopefully the guy never leaves or he rides out with that team.

12. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

I know its not completely sim, but like you guys said, Revis will never be a HUGE impact player like CJ, and couldnt say no to the deal, the funny thing is that green is only an 81 LT is an 82, and to be honest cromartie has played 10 times better than revis so far.

Thanks guys