JetsJerseyTank-Gameplay Complaint (NOT FROM ME!!)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I had a conversation with a recent opponent that pointed out several gameplay issues from Jersey:

-Multiple times he rolled out past numbers almost on sideline and threw the ball.
    -After being down in the game, Jersey resorted to Engage-8 Blitzes on almost every defensive playcall.
    -Conversation after the game, where Jersey stated,"SIM leagues were not for him but he was not going to quit OMFL."

I have heard numerous reports on this guy but for some reason our damn league ownership doesnt want to put theirselves out there and back their league up. So no official complaints are on record to my knowledge.

I finally convinced this owner to let me bring this in front of you guys.

This board spends puts too much time,effort and energy into this thing to allow guys to do this and ruin games for our owners whom are here for the right reasons. I know Jersey has been working on his issues but a stern warning may shake things up and really get him in the straight and narrow. Either that or OMFL just isnt the place for him.

We would have never allowed this in Season 1 and we shouldnt accept it now.

2. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

and i d believe we all knw that he has been talked to about his game play because west has tryed to put alot of time in helping him change the way he plays i dont know what to do

3. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I've talked to Jersey about his game play as I've played him in anything goes games. I dont play that way but I dont care if he does. I used to "lab" with people in past versions and I've given him tips on straight/sim style plays that can be used in a no rules environment.

Basically, i was trying to teach the kid how to adjust.

He said the exact thing to me that he said to Stang. That he likes the OMFL because it makes him better but that he has more fun playing in the EASO. I commended him for telling me how he feels and still told him that he has to be straight when playing.

With this complaint, we will chat with him. I know in the game that I beat him last season (30-0) that he did roll out past the numbers a few times and threw the ball. He also drops back to far so times but it also resulted in a 17 yard sack for me.

With all of that being said, when people are down, they fall into ruts, both offensively and defensively. I know because it happened to me. So as for his blitzing, i can cut some slack on that.

Basically in closing:

1.) His comment doesnt mean a thing (at least to me). Regardless of what he says, if he plays his game and within our rules he should stay. He has a complaint (Maybe 2) so we should be watchful. I know West has worked with him and I've started talking with him as well. We shall see where that leads.

2.) Rolling out is a problem and should be addressed.

The kid doesnt have a bad attitude which is a plus so as West has put it in the past, he is coach-able....

4. Jeremy

I hate to seem like the bad guy these last few weeks but we have some issues that wont just go away. We must deal with them or they will be considered acceptable and begin to spread.

We are a 100% sim league. Theres no room for discussion on that. If someone is not sim, he needs to be spoken to. If he doesnt become sim quickly, we need to deal with it . We have a duty to try our best to provide a sim madden experience for our owners. If we dont, it will tear this league apart.

5. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Completely agree Jeremy. Not suggesting that he doesnt need to be spoken to.

However, I dont want things that are said on a blast chat or in PM's taken out of context. He said this will be his Sim league. we just have to make sure that continues to be the case. If its not, so be it.

KO

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Ya, he needs one last talking too and he needs to understand it's his last. Point out that this it for him and that we heard his comment and we don't care for it. This is where west and dunn and even KO if you want too needs to come in and take care of this. Last shot for him also.

7. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I like Jersey but not sure he is ever going to be consistant enough in his play for here. He is gone for days sometimes then pops back in and wants to take care of everything in 2 hours. I know he has issues and can be a real good player but to be honest like some other people he is way too interested in wins and losses. I will talk to him today we have a good relationship and we need to go on record with the complaint so we dont get caught with an issue in the future. I have had 3-4 complaints on his gameplay myself just never formal. I mean he got called out earlier in WFL and told me he was leaving both leagues they were not for him, then 10 minutes later said he changed his mind. At some point the erratic nature needs to become stable or OMFL is just not for him. I will talk to him see what comes of it and hand out an official warning for gameplay.

In my opinion we need to crack down a little not just jersey but others as well. When I joined this would not go on people would play straight or be gone. Now I know it makes for some changeover which is not good either but going in to 12 we need a solid core.

8. Jeremy

Agree 10000% with wut the last 2 nerds said.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think we've needed to crack down on gameplay issues for a while now.

I mean, no one bitches about gameplay. All we hear is shots in blast chat. Nothing formal.

Either guys shut up in blast chat about a guy's gameplay, or post formal complaints so we can correct the behavior or get the guy(s) responsible out.

And we as board members have to not bring up gameplay in general chat, ESPECIALLY if we are joking. We can talk in board chat about gameplay and get hot and heavy there, but we need to be on our Ps and Qs when we talk in general blast chat about anything.

I have been very guilty of it lately bitching about Madden. Granted, I am really pissed off about it right now and still very much hate it. But I need to stop in general chat. And I will.

10. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I poke fun at people by calling people cheese but thats just because I like being an ass. If that is what we are referring to, I can certainly do that.

11. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

As a result of my talking to Jersey he has decided to leave on good terms clear things up and try to come back in 12. He said he just does not need the drama in his life now over this and is not having fun. I never asked him to do that just informed him of a formal complaint.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I know we like to kid, KO, but this is the kind of stuff we as board members have to stop doing in general chat. When we do that, we sort of trivialize reporting actual cheese play. Therefore, no one reports actual problems, and we have issues as we do now with Dritsch and others who are borderline.

I'm all for kidding around, but in some cases we have to be above it as board members. It sucks, but we have to set the tone that others follow. Kid around in board blast, but we as a group have to do a better job of self monitoring ourselves in general chat. That includes me as well, as stated above.

13. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Completely agree. Will do. I like to bust certain peoples chops whose game is beyond approach. (Dunn, Stang, etc) I will refrain though.