Jim Harbaugh

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Rudy, Nov 30, 2009.

?

Would you dump Rich Rod for Harbaugh?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. Rudy

Rudy Pumped for NCAA 11

Jim Harbaugh

This guy has done a heck of a job at Stanford. I follow Michigan but am not a huge fan like many on message boards are. When they hired Rich Rod I was excited until I got a chance to watch his offense. I hadn't seen much of WVU and thought we were getting something better. Instead, it's a very conservative offense that just tries to run the ball out of 4 wide sets and throw bubble screens all day long. With Pat White at WVU, the highest they ranked nationally in passing yards was 100. That's terrible. Running the ball is a great recipe for beating inferior opponents but you have to take chances and make plays in the passing game to truly be great. Furthermore, most spread offenses can be fun to watch but they usually throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field!

I like Harbaugh's offense. It's a traditional offense but a dynamic one at the same time. The Stanford- Notre Dame game was fun to watch. I would take Jim Harbaugh back at Michigan right now if we could. The first two years under Rich Rod could not have gone any worse. It's a square peg in a round hole and I think Michigan would be better off admitting it was a mistake and just make a change.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Ram Rod didn't win the games he was suppose to at WVU. Why UM hired them is still beyond me. He had the best backfield in the country with White and Slaton and they'd always lose in the last quarter of the season to freaking Pitt or some other Big East team they should of manhandled.

However, he'll need time to get things working at UM. You can't go from power football to the spread overnight (unless you're Ohio St).

3. Rudy

Rudy Pumped for NCAA 11

WVU losing to a lousy Pitt team with a national championship on the line still looks bad. Rich Rod is considered one of the pioneers to the spread. But the spread has evolved so much since then that maybe people should start to wonder if his version is all that great anymore. Whenever he faces a tough, physical, defense they struggle. That doesn't sound like a recipe for success in the Big 10.