Jim Leavitt fired from USF

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Diddy81, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Jim Leavitt fired from USF

Candidates Dan MCCarney UF DL coach
    Tommy Tubberville
    Tommy Bowden
    Larry Fedora
    Gus Malzahn

anybody got any other names???

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Hope they steal someone from Saban's staff. I'm tired of our cabinets getting swiped clean this year.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

True, Sounds like Kirby Smart really has a foot in the door at TTU but how do you turn away Tubbs?

I think USF will go younger with this hire, they may want to stay away from a guy that has that much of a connection with Leavitt like McCarney does. That's good for the Gators with Floyd, and Powell still on the fence for us on DLINE.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

True, I think the new DC hire should help with those guys too.

5. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

This story sounds messed up,the alligations was that he struck a player?Then i read this on yahoo "Citing Miller’s father, high school coach and five USF players who were not identified, FanHouse initially reported Leavitt grabbed the player by the throat and hit him in the face twice because he was upset about a mistake Miller made on special teams.

Miller’s father later backtracked, telling reporters Leavitt did not strike his son but rather grabbed him by the shoulder pads while trying to motivate the sophomore walk-on"

I dont see anything wrong with this lol, if all he did was grab his shoulder pads and yelled at him.I think its more of a " I can find someone to your job for less kinda deal"

6. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Well I'm about 99.7% sure thats not the true story of what happened and we will probably never know exactly what did happen but has to be more than that for him to get fired.

They wouldn't fire that coach that bought that program from nowhere to to 25 for something that stupid.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

This guy single handedly started this program and coach them from literally nothing to a team that competes for a BCS conference title every year. Hate to see someone who puts all his blood, sweat, tears, and time into something and then he gets fired for one transgression.

8. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

You know it wasn't just for this one incident. Now Leavitt is suing the school. This is going to get ugly.

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Just another example of the pussification of America. I remember my old coach grabbing guys by the face mask yelling at you while his dip spit flys in your face right before he threw you to the ground. Maybe you don't agree with me, but its tough love and done with good intentions.

10. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

In a couple of years coaches won't even be able to use harsh language against their players......

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Skip Holtz takes over ECU job open