Jimbo Fisher resigns at FSU, Stone named head coach.

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by publik drunk, Jul 2, 2013.

1. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

In a shocking development today, Jimbo Fisher has resigned as the head coach of Florida State, after rumors surfaced of another academic scandal involving Seminole players. Exact details of the investigation
    have not been disclosed . Interim FSU athletic director Vanessa Fuchs said she spoke with Fisher this morning via telephone at which time Fisher told her he was stepping down. "This comes as a shock to everyone involved, while success on the field is important, Florida State remains committed to ensure our college athletes receive and earn the highest of accolades of the field as well". In a surprising move, FSU named little known Keith Stone as their new head coach today. Stone, whose only coaching experience is in a grad assistant role to former defensive coordinator and Kentucky head coach Mark Stoops, will not have an easy task in meeting the expectations of ever improving Florida State team. Fisher (31-10) had built the Noles back into a yearly contender after taking over after Bobby Bowden was forced out. Fuchs spoke highly of Stone when asked about the hire saying "Keith Stone is a great motivator and has a very "smooth" coaching style. He is very popular among the players and staff". Keith Stone seemed very relaxed in his press conference and when asked about the pressure of taking over for such a high level program said " Pressure??? What pressure? We are going to go out there and win some football games on Saturdays and then Im going to be in the recliner drinking a cold one on Sundays. There is no pressure here, Im stepping into a great situation and plan on putting the pressure on the athletic department on removing the interim tag from my title". All I can say is very smooth indeed Keith Stone....

• Like Like x 3
  2. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Hahaha...I love it. Gotta meet this Vanessa chick.

3. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

Lmao, I looked that up she is really the interim AD according to wikipedia, gotta admit I snickered a little everytime I typed her last name lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Back when I was winning championships at FSU I brought her in. She comes from a great family, but in all honesty she's one of the best Fuchs. Too bad it's all down hill for the once (last two releases) mighty Seminoles.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I remember that time, when you were drunk (I know, I was shocked too), you told me her Dad was the second best Fuchs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

That might be how the South does it, good thing I'm back home up North.

7. dso122783

dso122783 Walk On

Vanessa Fuchs, haha. I thought that you just made it up.