JMO Ass. Recruit Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hornfaninbama, Mar 13, 2010.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

JMO Ass. Recruit Rankings

2012 Recruit Rankings​

In the first edition of the Just My Opinion Association Rankings we take a look at the quarterback and strong safety positions. I started with these 2 positions because they are comparable in what they do for their respective units. These rankings do not account for JUCO players, or athletes who may play the position going forward. The formula for doing these rankings is pretty simple. I went through the players and found about 30-35 guys who stood out at each position for one reason or another. Then I assigned a number value for each grade (A+=1, A=2, A-=3 etc) I typed the number values into Excel and averaged them. There are more rankings for SS because they do more on the field, athletically, than QB’s do.

Quarterbacks:

There aren’t too many guys out there who are going to blow you away with their speed, but there are some guys who will make their college coach feel very secure when they drop back to throw the ball. These guys are ranked inside either Scrambling, or Pocket categories.

Scramblers:
    1. Al Cain :5stars: Russell Athletic has this guy rated as a :4stars: #4 QB in the class, in my opinion simply because he is from Kentucky. If this guy was from Texas, Florida, or California he would be ranked #1 and rated as :5stars:. He brings it all to the table he has pretty decent speed (B-) and good passing ability (B Power and B- Accuracy) but he brings an athleticism to the field that will be hard to matchup against. He is going to break tackles in the pocket and on the run and he has excellent elusiveness for a QB. Ohio State and Michigan are leading for him. And I bet Tennessee will be kicking themselves for missing this guy.

2. Trevor Jenkins :4stars: This is where the talent drop off begins for scrambling QB’s. While Jenkins is a solid QB, he is going to be a little of a project at the next level. Russell Athletic has his rated as the #14 QB in the class and gives him a :3stars: grade. Jenkins is from Bakersfield, CA and has yet to receive an offer from any schools he is interested in. He is a different type of QB than Cain is. Cain has a little more speed than Jenkins (C+) but Jenkins will make you miss or run you over. He brings a B- grade in break tackle and elusiveness, and a C+ in trucking which is great for a QB. He also holds the ball well in the pocket and carries it high when he takes off. He will not put the ball on the ground much as his carry rating is a(B-). The reason he is a project at the next level is his accuracy (C+). When he gets into a program, and is taught how to throw the ball he will be phenomenal. His mechanics are a little off, but with a few seasons of work that will change. I really like Jenkins, but Cal Tennesse, and Nebraska do not. Michigan is also sitting on Jenkins wish list way down at #9.

3. Justin Hall :4stars: Russell Athletic has Hall as their #24 ranked QB and a :3stars: grade. I think he has the ability to be a great player on the next level, if he can get to the right place. He has above average speed for a QB (B-) but he also throws the ball pretty well (B on power and B- on accuracy). He isn’t going to break a tackle…ever. But if he is in space he will be dangerous. He also will be able to get outside the pocket and make some plays, but he doesn’t throw very well on the run. If his QB coach in college can get that worked out he will be a great QB. Hall is holding an offer from Illinois, but Alabama and FSU are in his top 3. Texas and Penn State at 6 and 9 respectively.

4. Joel Miller :4stars: Russell Athletic has Miller as the #27 ranked QB and gives him a :3stars: grade. While I agree Miller is a step below the guys ahead of him it’s not by much. He has decent speed (C+) and will be able to hurt people on the ground, but he’s not a guy who you want carrying the ball a ton because he has a (D-) carry rating. He has good throwing power at (B) but he will need some work on his accuracy at the next level. He will fit well into a spread scheme that asks the QB to run some but not a ton. He has a (C) rating at breaking tackles and a (D-) on trucking, so he will occasionally break a tackle, but he doesn’t have the speed to really hurt you once he does.

5. Vincent Newman :3stars: Russell Athletic has this guy as the #20 signal caller and gives him a :3stars: grade. He looks to be a career backup unless he gets into the right system. He isn’t going to break many tackles, and he has a penchant for putting the ball on the ground. But he brings solid speed (C+) and throwing power B. He has a small problem with accuracy as well, but ranks lower because he won’t be a game breaker in the running game the way Cain and Jenkins will be. He has the speed and agility to slide around the pocket, and buy time, and will hurt you running the ball. His downside is that the first guy will usually bring him down. Newman only holds an offer from South Florida, but Clemson is in his top 5.

Pocket Passers:

1. Tim Gilmore :5stars: There wasn’t much of a contest for the top spot on this side as Gilmore graded out as the most accurate and most powerful passer in the class. He carries a (B+) on both of his passing ratings. He will need some help digesting college playbooks but he has all the tools to carry a program for 2 or 3 years. He will put just about any pass right on the money. Don’t even think about scrambling with him, or asking him to break a tackle because it would not be a good idea. But for pro style systems, he will be a great leader. Gilmore only holds offers from Texas A&M and OU, but FSU, Tennessee, and Alabama could get in the mix.

2. Brian Hart :4stars: Russell Athletic has Hart as the (#5) QB in the class. Hart is an interesting prospect and reminds me of Chad Pennington. He will not be able to throw the ball deep, but he will put it between the receivers numbers. On top of that he brings incredible size to the position at 6’7 239. He will have no problem seeing over the blockers and finding his receivers. Hart is being recruited hard by the Oregon Ducks and Clemson Tigers with the Ducks holding an advantage. That could change in a few weeks when he visits Death Valley however.

3. Cedric Hughes :4stars: Hughes is the #16 ranked QB by Russell Athletic with a :3stars: grade. Hughes doesn’t have the most powerful arm, or the most accurate, but he is near the top in both categories. Both ratings come out to a (B). Hughes has the size you like to see in a QB, he’s 6’4 234. He will be a good QB at the next level, but he will never be a guy who runs. He is a good fit for the right system. His home state Volunteers and nearby Ohio State are the only user schools in the running for him, but neither school has extended an offer. Hughes and Hart are tied for second in my rankings, but Hart gets the nod due to his size.

4. CJ Weber :3stars: I disagree with Russell pretty heavily on this one. Russell has Weber as their #1 QB in the class. I have him down here because he doesn’t bring anything exceptional to the field. He has above average height for the position, but that’s about it. He carries (B) grades on both his power and accuracy but he won’t break tackles in the pocket, and there are guys with better skills out there.

5. Eric Rushing :3stars: I really like Rushing because he will always know what is going on during the game. His most interesting attribute is his (C+) awareness. He also has a great arm (B+) but he isn’t always going to put it on target (C+). I think if he is given the time to work on his mechanics he could be a special player. He gets this spot simply because of potential.

JMO Top 5 QB’s Overall

1A. Al Cain
    1B. Tim Gilmore
    2. Trevor Jenkins
    3. Brian Hart
    4. Cedric Hughes
    5. Justin Hall

SS to come later tonight

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Very nice work. If you need help with anything let me know.

BTW I'm really hoping to lock up Cain. I'm assuming Franklin goes pro after this season (51 career TD passes and counting) but I will probably still have Guiton. Cain would be starter after Guiton's final year.

3. hornfaninbama

Thanks I appreciate it. I had no idea how long it was going to take me to get all this done, but it's fun so I really don't care. Cain is going to be a really good one, I wish I had had a chance at him, but I have about 6 QB's on my roster now so...
    Sorry about the SS not getting up til today I had them ready last night and left before I put them up. RB and FS will be coming later today.

4. hornfaninbama

Strong Safety

There are some really good strong safeties in this year’s class. There are some who cover exceptionally well for a safety and there are others who will hit the WR like a linebacker. I graded these guys on speed, man and zone cover ability, tackling and hit power.

Balanced Strong Safeties

1. Brian Martinez :5stars: Martinez is my pick for the best overall safety in the class. Russell has him as the #4 SS in the class and a :4stars:. He has above average speed for SS (B+) and is great in zone coverage (B). He is a little short, but he is built like a bowling ball. He is a decent tackler and hitter (B- and B) and is a Bob Sanders style of player who should be able to really help out a program. There are only 2 schools in the running for him, Iowa State and Maryland, but Florida and Florida State had a shot at Martinez, but I think their ship has sailed. He is the best overall SS prospect in this class according to JMO.

2. Carlos Stevenson :4stars: Stevenson is the #1 SS in the class according to Russell and I have him very close. He is a little above average in his coverage abilities. He has a (B) in man coverage and a (B-) in zone. He has average speed for the position (B). But if he gets his hands on an offensive player he will bring him down (B). He is a good tackler, but he is not a great hitter (B and B-). He is someone who will shore up the secondary for a few years, and may make the all-conference team, but he isn’t an All-American. Stevenson is trying to decide between Ohio State, and XXX

3. Matt Neal :4stars: Neal is ranked as the #15 SS by Russell, but we do agree on his caliber rating. He has good solid skills, but isn’t really a monster. He has (B+) speed (B) tackle and zone coverage. But he brings a great knowledge of the game. He has (C+) awareness, if the ball is in the air he knows where it is, and who it’s going to. He will make solid wrap up tackles but he isn’t going to drill every receiver who comes across the middle (B and C+). I like Neal and he will be a good starter at the college level, but he needs to get into a college strength program. He is a little undersized and 6’ 169, and that is what really hurts his hitting power, but a few years of doing nothing but eating will really help him out. Florida is currently in the lead for his services.

4. Matt Henderson :3stars: Henderson is a good solid player but he is not spectacular. He has good speed (B+) and is pretty good in zone coverage (B), but where he really shines is when someone is trying to make a catch in his zone. He has a (B+) on hit power. He is a little lacking in tackling, but I have seen worse. Henderson will be a decent starter for a few years, but he’s not someone you want to build your defensive backfield around. Texas leads for Henderson, although he doesn’t have an offer followed by Texas A&M.

5. Mike Alford :3stars: Alford is an intriguing prospect. He has average speed (B) and tackle (B) but where he really excels are in the skills more conducive to being a linebacker. He has (B+) hitting power (B-) pursuit, and (C+) block shedding. I think Alford would be a great fit in a 4-2-5 scheme where he can slide off blocks and hammer the RB in the backfield. Russell has him as a :3stars: player and the #31 SS in the class. I like him a lot more than that. Michigan State is the leader for him, but Ohio State and their 4-2-5 scheme sit just behind MSU. Michigan is the final piece in his top 3.

The Top 5 Coverage Strong Safeties

1. Carlos Stevenson :4stars:

2. Brian Martinez :5stars: .

3. Clint Thompson :3stars: Thompson would be a good fit in a conference that has a lot of spread teams. He is solid in man coverage for a SS (C+) and good in zone (B). He will also bring you down and every once in a while he will destroy someone coming across the middle (B- on both). He will need a little time to develop, but he could be a very good player in a few years time.

4. Matt Henderson :3stars:

5. Scott Bryan :3stars: Bryan is pretty much the same player as Alford but he doesn’t hit as hard (C+). He will need some time to develop, but he could be a place holder for a more heralded player in a few years. Alabama and Tennessee are the leaders for him, but neither school has extended an offer.

Top Hitters

1. Brandon Tyree
    2. Mike Alford
    3. Matt Henderson
    4. Jake Newsome
    5. Donald Smith

Top 5 Speed Players

1. Donald Smith
    2. Brian Martinez
    3. Harvey Slaughter
    4. Matt Henderson
    5. Rich Kelly

Top 5 Overall

1. Brian Martinez
    2. Carlos Stevenson
    3. Matt Neal
    4. Matt Henderson
    5. Mike Alford

5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

This is some good stuff man. I didnt really understand what you meant until now. I really like this

6. hornfaninbama

Thanks. Does that mean we can get it stickied?

7. hornfaninbama

Free Safety

There is not a great crop of FS this season, but there is one player who will without a doubt be a monster. Most of these players will be developmental prospects, who given time and some PT will develop into good players.

Top 5 Free Safeties

1. Tom Tucker :5stars: This is the one guy who will without a doubt be one of the best on the field from the first snap he plays as a freshman. He is going to come in with (B+) speed, (B-) on his coverage. Those stats aren’t exactly eye popping, but when you consider he is 6’3 220 he begins to jump off the page. He is also one of the better tacklers at his position this season (B) and will also be able to pursue the ball carrier very well (B+). Russell and I finally agree on a prospect, he is rated as the #1 :5stars: player by Russell, and I have him in the same spot. He will also without a doubt be in the top 5 overall. Texas Notre Dame and Clemson are in a very hard recruiting battle for Tucker.

2. Billy Rhodes:3stars: There is a noticeable drop off in talent behind Tucker and most of the players are kind of the same. Russell has Rhodes as the #18 SS with a :3stars: grade. What separates Rhodes from the rest is his incredible man cover ability. He may be the best man coverage DB in the class and that includes CB (A+). He is a guy who can lockdown anyone he is assigned to in the pass game. Just don’t expect him to be such a ball hawk in zone coverage (C+). He is a decent enough tackler (B-) to be a good player, but he will need some time to get better. He would be a great player in nickel and dime packages, and could eventually be a star. He might benefit with a position change to CB. Louisville is the only program to offer so far, but Tennessee sits #2 in his top 3.

3. Marcus Robinson :3stars: Robinson is a decent player, but he doesn’t do anything spectacularly. He has (B-) grades on his cover skills, and (C+) on his tackling and hit power. He isn’t going to be a great player from day one, but after a few seasons he could be a leader in the defensive backfield. Northwestern leads for Robinson now although Big 10 rivals Ohio State, and Michigan could get in the mix as well.

4. Zach Stewart :3stars: Russell has Zach as the #5 FS and a :4stars:. Stewart is similar to the #2 and #3 guys on the list, except he is a tackling machine at the FS spot (B tackle and hit power). He’s not going to lock someone down in coverage though and that hurts his rating (C+ man and B- zone). He is a player who might be better making the switch to SS in college. West Virginia, Oregon State, and USC lead for him, but Michigan is #5 and Ohio State is #6 on his list.

5. Adam Stallings :3stars: Stallings is rated the #2 FS and :4stars: by Russell, and I disagree with their assessment. He has good size 6’3 218, and he uses it well (B+ hit power). But he’s not great in pursuit (C) and he’s only serviceable in coverage (C+ man B- zone) His size and tackling ability make him someone to watch out for, but he’s another guy who might benefit from a position change in college. Florida, and USC are fighting hard for him, but he still has Alabama in his top 3.

Best Cover Guys

1. Billy Rhodes :3stars: his man cover rating really drives him up the list.
    2. Tom Tucker :5stars: tied for the highest rating on both styles, except for Rhodes ridiculous man cover.
    3. Zach Stewart :3stars: good in zone decent in man.
    4. Marcus Robinson :3stars: good enough to play in man or zone.
    5. Matt Phillips :3stars: solid in zone not so much in man

Best Speed Guys

1. Matt Phillips :3stars: 4.4
    2. Tom Tucker :5stars: 4.44
    3. Sean Pennington UNR 4.44
    4. Jacob Penn UNR 4.44
    5. Mike Small UNR 4.46

Best Hitters

1. Tom Tucker :5stars: A-
    2. Adam Stallings :3stars: B+
    3. Chad Rouse :3stars: B (he didn’t make my list due to speed, but looking at him now he might be a steal for someone.
    4. Zach Stewart :3stars: B
    5. Mark Smith UNR B

8. hornfaninbama

I have running backs, wide receivers,and corner done but I had trouble getting on from my cpu. If I go home for lunch I'll have them posted around 2 central. There are also rumors flying in austin about a huge commit. someone may not he making a visit to Penn State.

9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The CB I'm challenging you for I take it? He looks good, but I came into this season late and figured I'd probably lose out on him. Good get though if he committed this week via instant commit, I thought I might have a shot since it looked like he made it to visit week.

10. hornfaninbama

Ya I was hoping he wouldn't make the visit, I was prepared to hit him really hard this week, and even go negative if I could just to keep him from signing with you. He is going to be a beast. I think the athlete I signed is going to end up as a CB too, they will be 2 lockdown guys in the coming years.

11. hornfaninbama

Running Backs

It’s a solid crop of running backs this season there are some guys who could contribute right away for the right team, but most will be redshirts until they get some more seasoning.

Top 5 Best Running Backs

1. Chris Mitchell :5stars: Mitchell is rated the #6 back by Russell but I like him as the best back in the class. He has great speed (A-) and won’t typically put the ball on the ground (B-). He has good trucking and break tackle ratings and his elusiveness is good (C+ on all). He has good moves (B-) stiff arm (B) spin and juke, and good acceleration (B+). Mitchell has only been shown interest by Miami; but his home state Crimson Tide are second despite not extending an offer.

2. Aaron Wilson :4stars: Russell has Wilson as the #5 running back in the class. Wilson isn’t a recruit who is going to jump off the page based on his ratings because he doesn’t excel in any one aspect of the game, but he does everything pretty well. He has above average speed (B+) and he will break some tackles and will run over the defense too (B-). He has an impressive stiff arm move, and he is a guy who will be able to tote the rock plenty of times a game. Miami appears to have the beginnings of a nice “Thunder and Lightning†package with Wilson and Mitchell as they lead for both. Florida State appears to be interested in Wilson as well. They have an official visit scheduled with him in week 13, but have yet to offer Wilson a scholarship.

3. Joe Thornton :4stars: Thornton is ranked the #8 RB by Russell, but I have him 3rd. Clemson likes him as well, just not enough to extend an offer. Thornton has (B+) speed, and the ability to break tackles and run over weaker tacklers (C+ on both). He also carries the ball high and will not allow it to be stripped very often (B). He has pretty good elusiveness (B-), but that doesn’t take into account the wiggle he has on the edge (B+ juke move). He has great stamina (B+) which means he could be a workhorse at the college level. Clemson, West Virginia, and Miami lead for Thornton, but only West Virginia has offered him.

4. Nick Frank :4stars: Frank is the last back I see as a guy who can carry a team for several years. He is rated the #31 :3stars: back by Russell, but he is a very punishing runner(B break tackle and B- trucking). He won’t shake many people, but if he is running over college players they way he has in HS it won’t matter. He does have good agility (B) but his stamina (C+) means he will have to be a platoon running back for several years. He would be a good player to have stashed on the bench for a rainy day. No one has shown Frank any interest even though he is interested in 5 user schools : Texas, Michigan, Miami, Florida State, and Alabama.

5. Andrew Smith :3stars: There are a lot of backs who may not be perennial All-Americans but will be good players on the next level and Smith is one of them. He is very fast (A-), and will be able to rip through arm tackles (B-), but he’s not going to break out of wrap up tackles very often, and he really doesn’t have the wiggle to be able to make the best tacklers miss (D+). His speed is game-changing however, and I expect to see him get his start returning kicks. No user school has offered Smith, and it may be because there are some better players at the position. Va. Tech, Rutgers and Notre Dame are the top 3 for him and it’s hard to see any other team breaking into the top 3.

Top 5 Speed Backs

1. Chris Mitchell 4.36
    2. Andrew Smith 4.38
    3. Dave Marshall 4.38
    4. Charles Mitchell 4.4 He is the #1 back according to Russell, but he doesn’t have the skills to back it up.
    5. Aaron Wilson 4.4

5 Strongest Backs

1. Nick Frank
    2. Dan White
    3. Eric Rucker
    4. Jeremy Johnson
    5. Marshall Mays

12. hornfaninbama

Wide Receivers

It is a weak class of WR this season, unless there are some studs that show up in the offseason.

Top 7 Wide Receivers

1. Kyle Bradford :5stars: Bradford is the only WR I feel is worthy of a :5stars: grade, and even then it’s just barely. He has great size 6’5 196 and great speed (A-), but he’s not a great catcher. He tends to let the ball get into his body too much and doesn’t use his hands well. He is going to run pretty good routes, that coupled with his size and speed will make him hard to match up against. He doesn’t have great moves once he catches the ball either, (C+ on juke and spin) though he does have good agility for someone his size (B). He will mature into a good player he is just a little raw at this point. Miami is setting themselves up for an explosive offense the next few years as the lead for him right now.

2. Roy Campbell :4stars: I really hope no one was counting on this crop of WR to replenish their team, because it is a very weak class. Roy Campbell comes in as a :4stars: but only because no one else really stands out. He has average size 6’0 189 and average speed and doesn’t catch the ball particularly well (C+) but he will make the tough catches (B- spectacular catch). He does have good YAC ability though and will slip a few tackles before being brought down (B- juke C+ break tackle). No one has shown Campbell any love yet. He currently doesn’t hold an offer.

3. Larry King :4stars: King is the #3 ranked WR and a :5stars: player according to Russell, I just don’t see it. He is a great possession receiver, but he lacks top end speed (B). He is going to be very dangerous across the middle (B CIT and Spc. Catch) but he struggles to make the routine plays (C catching). I think he can be a great player in the future if he can get in some work on the Juggs machine. He won’t make too many people miss after the catch (C-) elusiveness, but chances are even if he breaks the tackle he isn’t going to the house anyway. Florida State leads for him right now with Texas second, and OU third.

4. Alan Ware :3stars: Ware has the potential to be a good player, but he is raw like most of the guys on this list. He has average speed (B+) and while all his WR ratings are S or better he really doesn’t jump off the field (C catch C+ RR and C Catch in traffic). He does have the ability to go and make the tough catch (B+ spec catch). He won’t make a lot of guys miss, and his ability might get him on the field early at the right school I see him as more of a project. Texas, Michigan, and Texas A&M are going after him hard.

5. Maurice Robertson :3stars: Most of the guys after King are pretty similar, and in order for someone to separate from the pack they have to have something that is spectacular about them, Robertson does. He is 6’7 and brings average speed to the position (B+). He could turn into a special player, but it’s obvious he is still a basketball player learning the game. He is a decent route runner and CIT guy (C+), but where he really shines is when he gets the ball he can make someone miss and take off (B+) juke. He has phenomenal agility for his size (B-). He could be a matchup nightmare in a few years. Robertson is committed to Texas.

6. Travis Roberts :3stars: Roberts is another guy who separates himself from the competition because of his YAC ability. Robertson and Roberts are very similar, but Robertson is ranked higher because of his height. Roberts has good agility (B) and some very nice moves on the outside (B+ juke B- spin). He struggles to make plays on the ball though. He doesn’t have great hands (C) or route running ability (C) and while he will make the occasional catch in traffic (C+), he won’t make the tough plays (D spec catch). If Roberts can work on his hands he has the potential to be a game breaker, but his position coach will need to really stay on him.

7. Pat Tillman :3stars: Tillman gets the last spot in our rankings because he runs good routes and makes good catches in traffic (B- on both). He will also be a decent YAC guy, but he’s not going to be a threat to take it all the way because he lacks that extra gear (B). I think Tillman can be a contributor at the next level, but he will never be the best receiver on the field. Texas A&M and Oklahoma State are the only programs that have offered Tillman.

Top 5 speed Guys

1. Kyle Bradford 4.36
    2. Caleb Morris 4.4
    3. Kyle Wheeler 4.4
    4. Rudy Arnold 4.44
    5. Maurice Robertson 4.44

13. hornfaninbama

I am already running late CB will be posted tonight, as well as FB, MLB, TE, OLB, and hopefully T and DE as well.

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I'm glad I loaded up on receivers the past two seasons (Crowell/Brown 2 years ago and Burley last season). This group was not very impressive, though I am going after the top ranked JUCO WR because of his speed/catch abilities. I am also not going after any running backs in this class because I still have a few young players at that position. Definitely going after a HB next season, so hoping there is a good top back in that group.

15. hornfaninbama

It sucks b/c I needed the WR's. I like Robertson, if he can improve his catching abilities. I was after King, but pulled my offer because he has no speed, and because FSU jumped me. I didn't want to spend time winning a user battle, on him. I am going to play my game here in a little bit, but I should have time to get some of the other positions done tonight. If any of y'all have requests for specific positions, let me know and I'll hit those first.

16. hornfaninbama

It sucks b/c I needed the WR's. I like Robertson, if he can improve his catching abilities. I was after King, but pulled my offer because he has no speed, and because FSU jumped me. I didn't want to spend time winning a user battle, on him. I am going to play my game here in a little bit, but I should have time to get some of the other positions done tonight. If any of y'all have requests for specific positions, let me know and I'll hit those first.

17. hornfaninbama

Corner Backs

It is a deep year for corners if you know where to look, and that’s where I come in.

Top 5 Cornerbacks

1. Clarence Anderson :5stars: Russell Athletic knows what they are doing when they grade the top flight DB’s so far this year. I agree with them that Anderson is the top CB in the class. The only knock on him is his height, but there are plenty of guys in the NFL as short as him or shorter 5’9. He has great speed (A-) and is very good in man and zone (B+ man and B- zone) and he has the strength to press his man at the LOS. His acceleration is very impressive as well (A-). He is going to come in as a guy who can lock down the slot in nickel and dime packages, and will mature into a lock down corner. Alabama, and Florida are locked in a hot and heavy battle for Anderson.

2. Adam Lindsey :5stars: Lindsey is the #2 CB according to Russell and myself. He is taller than Anderson 5’11 and has better speed (A) and zone ability (B) but is not a great presser. He also doesn’t have the acceleration the Anderson has (B+) but he will also be a guy who comes in very good and will mature into a special player. Texas and Penn State were locked in a tight battle for Lindsey but he committed mid week to Coach Bulgy and the Texas Longhorns.

3. James Simmons :4stars: Simmons is an interesting prospect because he brings good cover skills (B and B-) but he also has the strength to press his man at the LOS (B). He has good enough speed to keep up with most WR (B+), and the height to knock the ball down if he gets beat (6’2). Simmons could turn into a special player, but he needs a little work. I can see him being an All-Conference player several years running. Clemson is the only team that has heard about Simmons, but Penn State and Tennessee are in his top 5.

4. Jared Lloyd :4stars: Lloys is a similar player to Simmons he has great size for the CB position (6’3) and good enough cover skills to have something to build on (B and B-). He will be able to press his man at the line on occasion (C+) and he gets to top speed (B+) very quickly (A). Lloyd is someone to watch out for as he gets older and sees more PT. Florida State, Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas and Penn State all make his top 10 although there isn’t a team that has extended him an offer.

5. Bryant Pennington :3stars: Pennington gets the final slot in my rankings, and he is another guy who is a bit oversized for the position (6’2). He does have good coverage skills (B+ and B) but hasn’t learned how to use that to his advantage at the LOS (C press). He may never turn into a lockdown CB but he can be a good serviceable corner after a few years. USF, Florida, and Alabama are his top 3 right now, but Ohio State could get in the mix as well.

Top 5 Speed CB

1. Adam Lindsey 4.32
    2. Clarence Anderson 4.36
    3. Tyler Gay 4.36
    4. Ross Paris 4.38
    5. Eric Copeland 4.4

18. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Your doing a great job man, I just hope this league can keep up with all your efforts, activity seems to be dropping fast in many leagues, some are falling apart completely.

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Hmm, I may have to give Lloyd a look. I'm pretty deep at corner but I may have a scholarship I could extend to him.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

This stuff is great. I don't know how you do it but good job.

And yes many leagues are suffering. Mine especially...it may cave..

21. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I guarantee PSU will have a scholly for him, since I evidently lost out on the 5 star CB to Texas.

22. hornfaninbama

I swear I am going to finish this. I had to stay at work late most of last week, which is good since I am in sales, and didn't have the time this weekend.