JMS

Discussion in 'Tradition Racing' started by Hellisan, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

jms493

What evening are you available for racing? I know we haven't discussed a series yet but I'd like to get something going.

My idea is to have the PI of the cars start off at say 600 or 700 (wherever) but depending upon how well a person does, they lose or gain PI throughout the course of the series. That way I don't have to screw around making all the cars similar or ensuring that they are all similarly capable, etc... the PI system kinda takes care of that.

What are your thoughts. Are you actually PLAYING the game yet?

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yes I am playing. I am going through with the muscle cars. I don't play the season play. I am ready to race but my nites are restrictive. I would say Monday night and Thursday night are best. Wed night would be Late like 10:30 start time.

I am at around a level 10 or so I havent put a ton of time in. I would rather just race online TBH.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I wouldn't mind doing a casual nite of racing.

Like list 3-4 tracks 10 laps A Class any car or A class Rear Wheel Drive only. We used to do this I think. This way I have something to work at specifically.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I would just keep the results and keep them cumulative. The more you show up the more points you get. Motivation to show up. We can also keep tract of avg finish to see who is consistently doing well but may not be showing up as much.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Would you be o.k. with a RWD sedan series where we take regular cars like BMW and tune them to a certain PI and such? I will keep track of all the points and all that stuff, I want everybody to have a chance to be competitive, that will be the point of it.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I honestly rather do that than race the REALLY FAST CARS. I am not skilled enough to work those R1 cars and U class cars. I like racing street legal cars for the most part.

I like B, A, S classes the best. RWD cars are much easier to handle this year than previous. I used to use TCS and now I can handle the throttle enough to not totally spin out. I am up for almost anything honestly but what I listed is what I prefer.

1 nite of totally run games would be fun as well. Cat and mouse, tag, ect, ect. Not sure how fun it is but I think we should try to break up the racing.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ok, I'll set something up this evening....

8. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    You people and your RWD cars...

9. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

Sounds good Helli id be in.

10. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'd be in for anything that was not on Wednesday nights.

11. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I'd be up for some of this stuff as well. It would give me a chance to race with some of you faster guys and maybe pick up some tips. I ran some races with drwfan99 the other night and was pretty far off pace for most of the night lol. I'm still working on learning a lot of the tracks as well, so I'm sure once I know them better I'll improve a lot. Like JMS said, having something specific to work for will help me as well.

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

This is looking like Thursday...

13. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

I would be interested in joining.

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

They are as easy to drive as AWD this year and much faster if they are the same PI. I just dont' want anybody sticking themselves with an AWD car since they will not be competitive.

15. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I guess, but it looks like I'm going to have to get out of my Evo IX and find a RWD car to start practicing with.

16. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

or you could just swap the drive train... ;)

17. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Can you with a Mitsubishi? I'm not even sure they have a RWD car in the game. The one Mitsubishi I have that's all set up for speed and accel is AWD as well.

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Actually, after looking around, I am going to be letting people go with whatever they'd like within the allowable cars... The car list is 16 deep (only 1 car per person) and includes both RWD and AWD vehicles as well as a couple FWD cars.

19. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Will we be locked into whatever car we originally choose? Or will we be allowed to change? I'd like to try it out in my Evo, but if the cornering/breaking advantage isn't enough to overcome the straightaway speed, I'd probably like to change into something that's faster.

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

You will have to keep the original CAR you choose, however you will be able to tune it up week to week, and also, we will be having adjustable PI based on overall standings. Basically, we will all start out at 650 PI, and then during the season it will be adjustable anywhere from 600 to 700 PI. The people lowest in the standings will have easily the best car as we move forward.

21. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Alright, that makes sense. Thanks.

22. Ca$ino

Ca$ino You're Killing Me Smalls

i guess i cant join if its gonna be done on thursdays