Jobs for board members.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Oct 11, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jobs for board members.

Nate - I am in charge of simply overseeing the general function of the league. I step in when board members cant/don't do their jobs and I send out mass messages to keep the league flowing as best as possible. I am also responsible for advancing the league each week.

Winuvas - The co-commish of this league. He is in charge of overseeing the cap book. What I am adding to this also is it is his job to let me know when a person needs an official warning or possible other action if they are not taking care of their part with their cap book. Win also oversees podcast and Free agency as a help.

Jeremy - Oversees our free agency. He closes and edits post to show the winners after 24 hours have passed. Jeremy is responsible for letting me know when a player must be forced signed and is also responsible for overseeing duplicate threads and correct bidding formats are taking place.

Not assigned officially - The board right now is assigning someone to do this. This person is to oversee our game scheduling threads. He is to make a post each week with an update of when games are scheduled, played, and where they stand. It is his job to let me know when players need to be set to cpu or when games need to be simmed. Mustang will be trying this out and if it works out, he will be taking his board position back.

Dunlap - Seth is kinda a floater right now. He's job is to help us make decisions here and to step up and help where other board members fall short. Seth also takes care of our podcast each week and oversees that with winuvas.

Web - Web is also a floater right now. He has asked to be removed from his position but I told him to stay put for now. He doesn't have a specific job, but will fill in where needed.

Claven - Claven is overseeing our game summaries. Ever since taking that over they have improved 200%. Thats exactly what I am looking for and he does an amazing job with staying on top of that.

None Board Positions:
    Gaddy with the new player scrimmage & Wajo with the recruiting.

Basically this is Dunlaps writeup: http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18838

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

No problem. I can keep up with it pretty regular once the FA period chaos is done.

When I post up the cap book though I will make sure to highlight in a different color FA pickups for teams so that way anyone looking at book can at a glance see which players are cap space eaters and which are at face value.

I will work on it some today hopefully; if not I'll try to get through it tomorrow. Weekends are kind of hit-and-miss with me depending on what is going on.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I can handle the free agent thread awarding players to the winning teams etc etc

4. natedawg212000

awesome guys!

5. natedawg212000

Jeremy will do the free agents and awarding them to the right team

Bobby will handle the cap and the team management threads. please make sure all the teams are doing their part

Sav and born we need you guys to take each a job. 2 left. one of you needs to make sure all games are attempted to be scheduled within 3 days after advance and the other needs to make sure summaries are being posted and that there is no flame wars going on in there.

this gives us each a easy job and things run smoothly around here.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The only thing I will need is periodically someone check the books and make sure they are correct. I may overlook some things and would just want once a week maybe someone go through and look at them, and either:

a. let me know what to edit
    b. edit and then let me know what was edited

7. natedawg212000

well thats where the owner comes in. if you and the owners numbers match then we are good. the owners job is to make sure they update their numbers, and you are the check to check them.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Ah. That's how it works then.

So in a stupid question mode: what if I post a cap number/players for a team and I never hear back from them? That hasn't happened yet, but just inquiring for future reference since I am probably by far the most "newbie" to online franchise.

9. natedawg212000

then they get the good ole boot from the league and we get a owner who does his part!

10. natedawg212000

still waiting on 2 board members to answer

11. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

If we begin looking for a replacement I have a current member in mind.

12. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Ill check game summaries

13. natedawg212000

if we can get lions owner to chime in now... please...

14. natedawg212000

I am adding recruiting to this and since Braden seems to be MIA I am going to add 2 board members. One for this one job left here and one for the recruiting job.

15. natedawg212000

Mustang has joined as the recruiter.

16. Branden

Branden Walk On

LOL sorry ive been MIA i never check this thread wat is it tht u so need me to do?????

17. natedawg212000

I updated this thread. Just please make sure you know what your job is. braden and Cade I need you guys to each take one of the two remaining jobs.

18. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

i will take the scheduling thread...and make sure owners schedule their games correctly and 3 days prior

19. natedawg212000

braden I need you to please take and make sure all winners post a summary.

20. natedawg212000

updated 2/17/10