Joining the SMFL

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Keller, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Apr 14, 2010
    Joining the SMFL

I'm creating this to help guide the new guys. Heres your checklist of things to do to join the league.

2. Read the members list/salary cap links threads to see what teams are available. I keep both of them up to date.
    3. Update your roster, start an offline franchise with the team of your choosing. Go to player management. This is where you will extract the info for your spreadsheet.
    4. Fill out your spreadsheet and post the link in the salary cap spreadsheets thread so that I can review it. Make sure you've "shared" your spreadsheet properly. Look at my spreadsheet if you need help. Feel free to ask me questions.
    5. Post somewhere in the main forum your name, GT and, if you want, something about yourself. I'd recommend using the roll call thread or create your own thread.
    5. READ THE RULES again.
    6. Keep in touch with me about the status of your spreadsheet review and invite status to the league. Check the salary cap links thread for your spreadsheet status. Check the salary cap spreadsheets thread for your review information.
    7. Check your console for an invite to the league. The password is "tradition"
    8. Get your roster in "gameday" shape. Make cuts. Sign Free Agents(read 9 if you plan to do so) Resign players if you want to. Propose trades.
    9. If you're going to sign a Free Agent, make sure he does not belong to another team before signing him. Some players in FA are actually players that have been recently traded so they are there awaiting to be picked up by their new team. Please see the various trade areas of the forum and check to see if the player you're picking up is actually owned by someone else.
    10. Post every single roster move you make in a thread in roster management. See my thread for an idea.
    11. Ask questions if you don't know what to do, need help or whatever really. Get involved.
    12. Have fun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.