Jon Gruden's GMFL - Conference Championship

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Black Republican, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Sep 3, 2012
    Coaches Corner: Jon Gruden sits down with the new HC of the Cleveland Browns recchem2000

1. What made you want to coach these Cleveland Browns? We all know Arizona has a great defense, Fitz and a top 5 pick in the coming draft. --- Its too freaking hot in Phoenix! Really it came down to 2 things. One, I already have an NFC West team in another league. Two, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Browns. Growing up watching them choke away Super Bowl births against the Broncos etched them forever in my mind. So when they became available, I took the gamble. Plus im bringing Fitz with me :p

2. Come on, tip your cards a little bit, who you looking at taking with the first overall draft pick in the 2013 draft? ---Honestly, I have no idea. I need to sit down and take a deeper look at what we actually have here. Its gonna be a shot in the dark as I havent scouted at all. Might need to ask my fellow coaches for some direction in this regard!

3. Brandon Weeden was assured safety last year by coach Fiddy14, will Brandon have to worry about his starting job, or will he be able to focus strictly on the new game plan you will bring? --- Everyone should worry about there jobs. When you have a season like the Browns had nobody is safe as far as I'm concerned. Whomever gives us the best chance to win at the QB spot will be our starter. Just like in Arizona with Skelton and Kobb.

4. The Steelers and Ravens played last week in the divisional round, stepping into a tough division, what's your take on 2013 within the division? --- Gonna be a learning experience. Im not familiar with a majority of the coaches in this league and their play styles. But I truly believe we'll be competitive. We may not pull out all the victories in the end but if we play defense and stick to the game plan I think we'll be ok in the AFC North.

5. Give us your Superbowl teams, and predictions!! --- Again, i've only played 2 of the playoff teams so its all a shot in the dark here. I think the Falcons will represent the NFC, edging out the Panthers in the NFC CCG. In the AFC, Im taking the Ravens to beat the Raiders in the AFC CCG. Super Bowl - Falcons vs Ravens. Who wins? Hell if I know :p Lets say Ravens 24, Falcons 21.

The dirty south shoot out live from Bank Of America Stadium in Charlotte North Carolina. Where the Panthers will host the Falcons to break the tie and ultimately send one team home and the other to the Superbowl! The first match up went in favor in the Panthers 38-28, Cam Newton accounted for 297 all purpose yards and 4 scores. Roughly 75% of the Panthers total offensive production. The Falcons hung tough with Matt Ryan leading the charge, but fell short at home as Cam ripped at his jersey to show off his superman undershirt.​
    Game 2 had major implications on the playoff hunt for the Falcons. And Matty Ice did not disappoint, going to the air for 428 Yards and 5 TDs. Cam fired back back with 115 QBR and 335 yards 3 scores, but the key stat was the job the falcons did to Cam in the rushing department. Stopping key runs to stop the chains from moving. John Abraham was on a mission with 10 tackles, 1 sack and a forced fumble.​
    This game will come down to turnovers and ball control. While each game has been a high scoring affair both owners posses the user skills and players to shut people down. With the stakes high, look for a more conservative game from both teams. Greg Olsen will see major work in the middle of the field while Steve Smith will stretch ya... Then Cam's gonna test ya! This one will come down to a late turnover, a fumble by Cam Newton on a scramble play which will result in a FG victory for the Falcons on the road.​
    Falcons 27 - Panthers 24
    • Like Like x 1
  2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Feb 24, 2009
    Well I got half the SB prediction right (y)
  3. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Oct 19, 2011
    Game 2 was a sim, just a heads up