Jon Gruden's GMFL - Divisional Round

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Black Republican, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Coaches Corner: Jon Gruden sits down with the HC of the Oakland Raiders Raidernation .

1. Crazy end to the season in the AFC West, but the Raiders came out a 2 seed, sum up the last week or two as you waited to see how the rest of the AFC West games were to play out.

After starting 0-3 I didn't expect to have a shot at the playoffs let alone being a #2 seed. Going into the final weeks of the regular season I assumed that we'd have an outside chance since we split games with the Chiefs and the Chargers. I'm still scratching my head at the fact that an 11-5 team missed the post season, there's stiff comp in the west it'll always comedown to the wire season after season.

2. On the Twitter feed, Carson Palmer has been saying some interesting remarks towards rookie QB Andrew Luck, are the Raiders itching to Colts next round if they beat the Broncos?

HaHa ... yes Palmer knows the Colts coach and I have a bit of a history, he's just doing what a leader does, getting his troops ready for war. I'm looking forward to the match up, we have some special assignments going out next week, lets just say we'll be pulling for Luck to make a full recovery if we meet him in this post season. Aside from that, this is a team game and can only be won as one ......... a Team that is.

3. What's your prediction:

Broncos @ Colts - Colts 35 - Broncos 31
    Steelers @ Bills - Bills 24 - Steelers 13

NFC
    Falcons @ 49ers - 49ers 13 - Falcons 7
    Lions @ Eagles - Lions 45 - Eagles 10

4. What's the key to success for this Raiders squad as they prepare to make a Superbowl run?

The key for success this post season is putting a limit on turnovers, if we can do that we'll win the whole damn thing. Our defense needs to be lights out as well. In the losses we've had, teams have put up disgusting numbers on the ground, if our D can play with the same focus that won us 10 straight look out !!!

5. If the Raiders make it to the big dance, which NFC team would expect to be there with you?

The Packers, they have shown up in all of their big games this season they definitely have the upper hand in the NFC this year.

GAMES OF THE WEEK
    (Last week was a clean sweep by the away teams a first ever in history, this week the Chuckster ain't buying it! Here we go)​
    [​IMG]
    The tie breaker!! Classic battle here between two very familiar foes. For two teams commonly known for defense the past two meetings has churned out BIG offensive plays. With each team winning at their opponents stadium, can the Ravens protect their house in this grudge match? I don't know!! I'm going with Big Ben out playing Ryan Tannehill while both running games will struggle. Tight shoot out!​
    Steelers 34 - Ravens 30
    [​IMG]
    The dirty birds are going north... To collldddd lambeau field, weather will definitively play a factor in this one! The frozen tundra will cost a receiver or defensive back footing and 6 points will be scored. While Rodgers and Ryan are two of the leagues top tier QBs they both have issues with interceptions. 22 by Rodgers and 28 by Ryan. The Packers' D is among the leagues best in takeaways with 37, it will be paramount for Matty Ice to protect the ball, 8 for 18 and 3 picks will not translate to a victory against the Green Bay Packers. With that said, coach GMoney will hash out Ryan's issues in this weeks match up. Julio Jones and the Falcons solid run game will prove to be too much as Aaron Rodgers will be forced to win it all on his lonely!​
    Falcons 23 - Packers 17
    [​IMG]
    Yet another division battle to be played out for a shot at the AFC crown. The Broncos rocked the betting community last week with the upset win over the Colts. Broncos HC took to twitter saying "I love being the underdogs!!!!" And that they are again. The Raiders have no easy task however, what's harder than beating a team 3 times in one season? Well beating the Raiders once is the answer. With a combined score of 70-17 from the past two meetings, the Broncos will have to find a way to slow down Carson Palmer and get solid production out of Peyton Manning. The Broncos defensive unit is playing great right now, stifling Rookie of the Year Andrew Luck, 8 for 22 and 3 interceptions. All without Von Miller & Champ Bailey, this unit will again need to rise to the call of duty!​
    Broncos 27 - Raiders 35
    [​IMG]
    As the Detroit Lions get ready to travel to Carolina to take on the #2 seed Panthers, the Panthers and the rest of the league don't know what to expect from newly appointed HC DirtyDan. The film tape is short but highlights are a plenty. Dirtydan has picked up right where the previous coach left off with a high powered aerial assault led by MVP QB Matt Stafford and Megatron. But a wise man once said, offense will win you games, but that D will win you championships. These Carolina Panthers, #3 ranked total D. #1 against the run, makes teams one dimensional. Playing in to the Lions hands you would think? NO! The Panthers have the' second most amount of interceptions in the league with NFL leader Josh Norman leading the way. This one will be tight, but Killa Cam will prove to be too much with his dual threat presence.​
    Lions 30 - Panthers 35
    2012 Rookie Outlook:
    MEL KIPER'S TOP 10 PICKS
    REGULAR SEASON POSITION AWARDS WINNERS
    MVP: Matthew Stafford - Lions
    Rookie OTYO: QB. Andrew Luck - Colts
    Rookie OTYD: CB. Josh Norman - Panthers
    QB: Matthew Stafford - Lions
    RB: Ray Rice - Ravens
    WR: Justin Blackmon - Jaguars
    TE: Kyle Rudolph - Vikings
    OL: Marshal Yanda - Ravens
    DL: Trent Cole - Eagles
    DL: Jared Allen - Vikings
    LB: Jon Beason - Panthers
    DB: Josh Norman - Panthers
    K: John Potter - Ravens
    P: Jon Ryan - Seahawks

• Like Like x 3
  2. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Bold Prediction:

Pack and Lions will play for a third time or Panthers and Falcons will play for third time...Thanks Chucky

Game Forecast, -13 degrees, Snow showers, tapering off late afternoon....

[​IMG]

3. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

The snow will effect your game lol.. I played a pla;yoff game last night and it was snowing. A lot of dropped balls an WRs falling down. It was interesting to see how the game changed. Speed was down etc...
    And where's your AFC bold prediction?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  4. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

AFC Bold Prediction:

The #1 and #2 seeds will fall at home...I didn't want you to know that you've been mushed, but u asked for it....CT has spoken

• Like Like x 1