Jon Gruden's GMFL Weekly Run Down - 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Black Republican, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

COACHES CORNER: "Gruden sit's down with Redskins HC @Bl0ndeRedHead”

1. Redskins have one of the top ranked offenses in the league. Is this all contributed to RG3? The Skins under Grossman & Beck were very suspect.

"RGIII is a big factor, but the emergence of Fred Davis and adding Garcon has helped him a great deal, those guys have some of the best hands in the league for their positions. The real reason the offense has been so effective is that we just take what we can get. We're playing it safe, not requiring RGIII to make huge plays every drive, and trying to add up chunks of yardage instead of looking for the big gain. This is helped extremely by the defense, they are top 3 in the NFL in takeaways, giving our offense short fields to work with, which has led to fewer turnovers on offense."

2. Big NFC East game this week between your Skins and the Eagles. What's 3 goals you have in this game?

"Stop the run and force them into throwing it often by getting the lead early. Establish our run game to make it easier for RGIII to throw the ball. Win the turnover differential."

3. RGIII is mentioned both in the Game & my top MVP candidates. How is the rookie handling the pressure of being in contention for becoming the second ever rookie league MVP? (Earl Campbell***)

"While I don't think he should win MVP personally, RGIII will no doubt win one or more during his career. He's proven he will be a stud for a while and he's playing and acting like it. He doesn't make errant throws, stays calm and collected, and has his best drives after turnovers."

4. What is one area or weakness that you wish to fix prior to the playoffs with the Washington Redskins?

"Our secondary gives up some big plays from time to time, and our front seven can have problem against talented backs. Our defense is very flawed, but their ballhawking ability makes up for it usually."

5. You've lost a few weapons on offense for a few weeks at a pop, TE- Fred Davis, WR- Santana Moss, who stepped up biggest in their absence?

"I think it's been RGIII actually. Whenever a main target has gotten injured, he spreads it around to everyone and tries to get all the receivers involved often. Niles Paul has played well at backup TE in Fred Davis' absence, and WR Leonard Hankerson seems to only make big plays, even though they aren't consistent."

GAME OF THE WEEK (3-1)
    [​IMG]
    Classic division rival here full of hard hitting an action. I will be looking for a similar outcome in this game. The Ravens (8-1) travel to Pittsburgh (6-3) after suffering their first loss of the season and their Defense left looking at each other dumbfounded. Will the void left by Pro Bowl Mike backer Ray Lewis haunt the Ravens? I hope not because the Steelers will take advantage of these poor girls no problem. The Steelers are averaging over 5.5 yards a rush with Mendenhall/Dwyer/Redman toting the rock. Big Ben is playing a conservative style of play but don't forget about the happy feet WR's they have. Pittsburgh agurably has the' fastest 3 set of receivers in the league, they can stretch the field and get up top in a hurry, with sure handed vet HEATHHHH Miller working underneath.​
    The Steelers have only turned the ball over 8 times, this leads the league. The Ravens are second in the league in forcing turnovers with 19. This game will come down to who's M.O. can be effectively executed. Can the Ravens force mistakes or will the Steelers hold on to the pill and play ball control? Find out Friday 9pm EST - XBL network!​
    RAVENS - 27 STEELERS - 24
    UPSET ALERT (2-2)
    [​IMG]
    Aaron Rodgers & The Packers will get sacked this week by the hungry and reeling Detroit Lions. The Packers (7-2) have solved their QB issues and look to put some distance in the division by beating the Lions. The D (6-3) has lost two straight and has had a hard time stopping teams from scoring when its needed. Same can be said for the Pack, so this one looks to be a shootout up in the dome. A loss for the Lions and win for the Vikings & Packers will tighten the noose on final playoff spots. Only in week 11 but every game matters now in this division.
    Matt Stafford leads the league in passing yards and TD's, while RB Jerome Harrison is filling in with solid numbers rushing the Lions are a problem on offense. Aaron Rodgers keeps finding ways to win however with a high completion % and his ability to get rid of the ball an not take sacks.
    The Pack will be missing two pieces on that D. The rookie sensation Nick Perry and middle LB AJ Hawk. Perry will be the loss which hurts more as the kid is 3rd in the league in sacks. With Matthews drawing all the attention Perry was quick to take advantage.
    Look for the Lions to continue to pass up and down the field. Matthews will get off, but losing Perry and the total pass rush will prove to be a big factor. Unless the Wizard of Oz crew can force Stafford into mistakes in key situations, this one might get ugly in the D!
    LIONS 41 - PACKERS 35
    Power Rakings Lite
    1. Baltimore Ravens - Loss to #2 Raiders but 8-1 @ Pittsburgh GOTW
    2. Oakland Raiders ^2 - Huge win, huge O vs Ravens last week
    3. Carolina Panthers - Statement made LW vs Broncos!
    4. Indianapolis Colts ^2 - Took care of rival Jaguars in OT lw
    5. Washington Redskins - Owner Away falling down charts
    6. Denver Broncos -4 Suffered blow out loss to Panthers lw will rebound
    7. Pittsburgh Steelers ^1 Statement made vs LW #8 Chiefs - GOTW wk11
    8. Buffalo Bills ^4 - Gotta add these guys, hard to get love in small market
    9. Jacksonville Jaguars -2 Tough loss to #4 Colts, should rebound in HOU
    10. Green Bay Packers - Big game this week vs LIONS
    ONRISE: 49ers, Seahawks, Eagles, Dolphins
    MUST WIN NOW: Lions, Chiefs, Rams

2012 MVP Consideration:
    QB-Matthew Stafford LIONS​
    RB-Ray Rice RAVENS​
    QB-Andrew Luck COLTS​
    QB-Robert Griffin III REDSKINS​
    QB-Christian Ponder VINKINGS​

On the Brink
    RB-Bernard Pierce JAGUARS​
    QB-Blaine Gabbert JAGUARS​
    RB-Darren McFadden RAIDERS​

THE KEN MARSHALL (Matt Barkley) Chase
    1. Arizona Cardinals​
    2. Houston Texans​
    2012 Rookie Outlook:

POSITION AWARDS LEADERS (Updated Bi-Weekly)​
    QB: Matthew Stafford​
    QB: Robert Griffin III​
    QB: Christian Ponder​
    Honorable Mention: Andrew Luck, Alex Smith, Blaine Gabbert​
    RB: Ray Rice​
    RB: Bernard Pierce​
    RB: Darren McFadden​
    Honorable Mention: Donald Brown, Chris Johnson, Lamar Miller​
    WR: Reggie Wayne​
    WR: Demaryius Thomas​
    WR: Justin Blackmon​
    Honorable Mention: Darrius Heyward-Bey, Andre Johnson​
    TE: Kyle Rudolph​
    TE: Coby Fleener​
    TE: Jason Witten​
    OL: Marshal Yanda​
    OL: Chris Snee​
    DL: Jason Pierre-Paul​
    DL: Jared Allen​
    DL: Trent Cole​
    LB:​
    Lavonte David​
    LB: Robert Mathis​
    LB: Nick Perry​
    DB: Kam Chancellor​
    DB: Ed Reed​
    DB: Major Wright​
    K: Josh Scobee​
    K: John Potter​
    P: Jon Ryan​

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

That guy Gruden luvs the wolf PACK(y) , ole bride of chucky's husband lookin a$$ boi, LLS....Drop our squad out the top 10, he's a mush!!!

[​IMG]

Mess around score 6 this damn game:D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Great job

4. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

1 day when i learn how to play D, ima b a mofo problem! until then, score nicca score!

5. Black Republican

lol, I see you had a good game with Rodgers, 387 4TDs is nice! Forced Stafford into 3 INTs which won you the game. Escaped with yo life an jacked up my upset alert lol... Good win!

6. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

If u ever play the Lions, u will kno they are the new greatest show on turf, that O is ferocious, Megatron is on that cover for a reason....i figured if i could run the ball and keep Stafford off the field, and not throw pics, eventually i would g e'er up by twp tds, it happened, but they cam roarin back,

7. Black Republican

Yea Megatron is ridiculous on this game, as is Andre Johnson, Julio and a few others.