Jon Gruden's GMFL Weekly Run Down - 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Black Republican, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

COACHES CORNER: "Gruden sit's down with Ravens' HC @Qui3tStorm"

1. The Ravens are off to an impressive start, how will you continue push onward hopefully into the playoffs?

Yes coming in to the season and evaluating this roster, and knowing icon's on this team, I knew I had big shoes to fill with fans and ownership expecting immediate results. The Ravens are built to win right now, so this has helped me transition, now its just molding these guys to my coaching philosophy.

2. You moved some Ravens that many have questioned, like QB Joe Flacco, and rookie RB Bernard Pierce, how'd these guys find a way off your roster?

Yes coming into camp I knew what kind off offense i wanted to install and kind of players i was comfortable with executing this. Joe while he is a great QB, his player ratings at year 4 aren't much better than a lot of tier 2 QBs in this league. Ryan Tannehill is actually a better fit in our system with his mobility. and Bernard, we'll glad hes having success with another organization. He got the bulk of the carriers through out preseason and just could not provide that spark or elusiveness that we desired. Kid must have hit the gym hard after getting the axe here. Kudos!

3. Tough test again this week VS the STEELERS, what's the game plan?

Yes these Steelers are tough, our first game of the season was a very close & intense game. We have to limit big plays, force long drives as this gives our D a better chance to force a turnover. We want to make them one dimensional, so it's easier to plan against.

4. With 1 loss on the season, what did happen in that Week 10 Raiders game?

48-41, our D gave up the booty for 48 points. We had a major breakdown on D, which was beyond a poor scheme, poor performance, poor tackling, poor execution. Big play after big play, missed assignment after missed assignment. But it was a coming out party for Ryan as he eclipsed 300 yards passing for the first time, we made some adjustments to our receiving corps. And we got to play from behind which was a new taste for this team. And simple football, we lost turnover battle +2, lost by 7 and gave up 470 yards of offense, we'll be ok.. Chalk it up as a learning experience.

5. What's your pick for week 13?
    Colts v Lions - Every time I see the Colts they're in a battle with a tough team. Same story in this, two MVP canidates, Ill go with Luck to get some Luck in this one

Jaguars v Bills - The Bills, these guys are tough, under the radar kick your ass kinda team. The Jags are a small market flashy team. You see Gabbert in the Seasme Street commercials an Justin Blackmon doing modeling for knee high boots, but these guys perform on sunday. Big game here, I'll go with the Bills in a tight one.

Panthers v Chiefs - Big game here for the Chiefs I think, AFC West is looking tough, Chiefs, Broncos and Raiders. I doubt 3 will make it in so who's gonna be odd man out. Chiefs hold their own fate with this one. I'll go with them to win when it matters, my gut is telling me Panthers though haha.

GAME OF THE WEEK (4-2)
    [​IMG]
    The 9-2 Carolina Panthers will travel to Arrow Head stadium to face off against the 8-3 Kansas City Chiefs in a huge game for AFC West standings. The Panthers are on of the leagues top defensive units, and Cam Newton is playing smart football. This has posed to be a tough task to counteract for opposing teams. The Chiefs are riding high after smacking around their division foe the Denver Broncos. The Chiefs have quite the D them selves, among top in the league in take away's with Brandon Flowers & Eric Berry leading the way. They will have to force Cam into mistakes in this one to have a chance. I can't bet against the Panthers any more so I'm picking them on the road to pull the not really an upset, upset out of KC MO and hurt the Chiefs shots at making the playoffs.​
    PANTHERS 27 - CHIEFS 20
    UPSET ALERT (2-4)
    [​IMG]
    I'm starting to feel bad for the Green Bay Packers as they have been in my column a few times. And they have proved me wrong in the past. To join them in company will be another team that doesn't get the clout they deserve the Buffalo Bills. So yes, this week, my hater ways have me picking against the BILLS & PACKERS! So hard to pick this week.
    rsz_jagsbillsfanpromo_0.jpg
    The Vikings are 6-0 at home and 0-5 away, they will finally get a 1 in that away column as they travel to cold Lambeau field. Ponder is playing at a level once played by allstar Aaron Rodgers. This one will come down to who can take care of the rock better. And as I've said all year Rodgers just isn't doing that. The Packers are also on record by saying they're going to add a new wrinkle or two in to their game plan. This will either result with success and a blow out win or mistake and a close loss. Packers 30 - Vikings 31
    The Buffalo Bills, these guys are good how good? #2 in the league standings good! So why are they listed here you may ask. Because I like to stir the pot. The Jags are explosive on offense with a super young talent pool. The Bills are running on high octane with Ryan Fitz pumping the gas. This one will come down to who can impose who's will on who. If it turns into a shoot out this favors the Jags, if Buffalo can play thier game Gabbert is likely to have to force throws an play from behind, which favors the Jags. B. Gabbert was recently seen on the NFL Network hunting Bison with his bare hands and a swiss army knife. "No problem" He says, "Jags eat Buffalo"​
    Jaguars 37 - Bills 32
    POWER RANKING LITE
    1. Baltimore Ravens - Big game vs STEELERS
    2. Oakland Raiders- vs young CLE team this week
    3. Carolina Panthers - Solid win over Eagles! STATEMENT MADE
    4. Buffalo Bills ^1 - Beat LW #4 Colts - Big win!
    5. Indianapolis Colts -1 Tough loss vs Buffalo
    IN TOP 10: Chiefs, 49ers, Broncos, Packers, Steelers (NO ORDER)

2. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

"POWER RANKING LITE"

Gruden, Keep it 100, don't play us 50!ctfu

Thanks for picking me to lose, appreciate it homie, ....Schaub is starting versus the Vikings:D

3. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Jags dont lose consecutive games ;)

4. Black Republican

LOL, wasn't dropping over an hour working everything out this week on short turn around, didn't even get a response back from two owners for coaches corner. Had to interview myself n shit lol... upsets are hard because there can only be so many, and they are rare as is. LOL GL with Schaub!!

5. Brandon S.

Trade me Rodgers!

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Who wasnt participating in coaches corner?

7. Brandon S.

I was wondering what was up with the self-interview, just remember, you can always hit up the Jags if you want to predict an upset ! ;)

Only talk to me after a loss though, otherwise I will lose. I have a team that is incapable of creating a winning streak, but at the same time, we dont have losing streaks either!

8. Black Republican

aww man you know i can't name names lol... It's the same individuals that struggle to get their games in even when its cpu opponents, I try to spread it around to involve everyone but I will just have to stick with the active members. Big win Gngsta!

9. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

[​IMG]