Jon Gruden's GMFL Weekly Run Down - 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Black Republican, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

COACHES CORNER: "Gruden sit's down with Packers' HC CTfromDC "

1. We see Matt Schaub got the start last week, but Aaron Rodgers wasn't on the injury report. Was this for disciplinary reasons or is this a new direction for the Packers?

We have two capable starters on our team, and Matt has had a great week of practice. The last time Aaron was benched for Matt, he came back refocused and threw for 4 tds with a perfect passer rating. He struggled a little against the Giants in New York last week, I just want to get him back on track for the playoff push. NY ruffed him up a little, as the O Line didn't perform and some pass protection broke down on a couple of plays. I mean, I look at as a blessing to have two capable starters, it helps make game planning difficult for opposing D Coordinators, they don't know who will be under center, similar to a Thunder and Lighting in a backfield with two capable starting tailbacks, a la Texans with Tate and Foster.

2. 4 out of your last 5 games are against division opponents. The competition is picking up, what will be the Packers plan to stay ahead of this late season push?

We are up a game on the Lions, and will see them in a couple of weeks. Minnesota twice, and Chicago once more. I kind of like it this way, we have three teams in the NFC North who have a legit shot at winning the division and securing that automatic playoff bid. We need to get Reggie going to sustain drives, score TD's in the red zone and keep our defense off the field. I know that our aerial attack is stellar, with all the weapons that we have, but we need to control the pace of the game with a running game. Our defense has been tasked with stopping some of the most potent offenses in the league, and will surely need to be rested, that can't happen if we are in shoot outs every game or if the T.O.P. is 65 - 35 them us. Almost any coach will tell you, the recipe to winning is to run the ball efficiently, and also, the phrase that we always hear "Defense wins championships". Both of these areas need improvement, and quickly...or we could be on the outside looking in.

3. With the offseason looming, what is your plan with these QB's? Rodgers is in and out of the lineup, Schaub is entering the final year on contract. Do you plan on keeping either guy or trading them away for a slew of picks?

A Rod is our Franchise QB, Matt is our back-up. There is no controversy in Green Bay. They both push each other to be better. It's going to be a difficult decision at the end of the season to keep or cut Matt. He has been a trooper since joining the wolf PACK. We would love to see him in the green and yellow, but things don't always work out that way. Our coaches will have to evaluate the situation further after the season has ended. Right now we are focused on these last 5 weeks. Of course if a sign and trade comes up that we can't resist, we would be open to that option as well.

4. Nick Perry & AJ Hawk are both back off of injury. What was the impact while they were both out with different injuries?

It's simple, Not enough pressure from the outside. Nick was on pace to have a 20+ sack season. A.J. Hawk has been out for 7 weeks, and his leadership has been missed as well as his zone coverage across the middle. Obviously, anytime you loose two starters, your defense is going to suffer as a whole. Jones, So'oto have done a great job stepping up, and Matthews and Bishop have played middle and outside in an effort to get pressure on the opposing QB's. Matthews is only one man however, and he wasn't able to wreak the havoc that we've come to expect from the 2011 Defensive Player of the year. With Nick and A.J. back though, we expect a return to form that we showed the first 4 weeks, when we were pulling 6-8 sacks a game.

5. Whats your pick coach???

Broncos @ Raiders | Oakland is the hottest team in the league...Gotta go with them at home. A battle of between two 9-3 teams, should be epic. Oakland 30 - 21...

Ravens @ Redskins | Redskins are on a skid, due to the Coach not being available I believe...That said, If Coach BlondRedHead is back, I see them making a statement at home vs their neighbors to the north. The numbers tell another story, B-More is undefeated on the road, look for a tight low scoring game, Redskins 17 - 13....

Bears @ Vikings | Coach Jamie has them playing at a level finally, I'm going with the Bears in an upset. Minnesota is undefeated in that dome, so it could get interesting early if Ponder plays out of his mind as he has for the majority of the season. Bears 24 - 21...

Lions @ Packers | Packers in a must win to clinch the division, looking forward to round 2 with the Lions (Not really), that offense is a beast to defend. Shutting down Mega-tron is the key, or at the very least containing him. Packers 38 - 21...

GAME OF THE WEEK (4-3)
    [​IMG]
    WEEK 14!!! The closing statements in the NFL are underway, the Broncos and Raiders are very familiar enemies. The last meeting with to the Broncos 35-7. But the Raiders are under new management, leadership that has USC star Carson Palmer in MVP name talk. Heyward Bey a leagues top receiver and DMC as a top back. These guys are high powered! The Broncos will be playing at home coming off a recent win over the Buccaneers.​
    No doubt in this one, this will become a shootout, both teams posses pieces which can blow up. Aaron Brown the Broncos RB has found instant success with his insertion into the starting lineup. Leading the team in TDs and YPC w/ 6.2. Demaryius Thomas & Heyward-Bey will go head to head as they are in the league statistic standings, two explosive players. I like the Broncos' D better with Jason Hunter rushing the passer, Von Miller rushing and pursuing and of course the ageless Champ Bailey covering DHB. But the Raiders have found a way to make their players work for them. With that said I look for the Raiders to continue their success by picking up a very important win within the division.​
    Raiders 42 - Broncos 30
    UPSET ALERT (3-6)
    [​IMG]
    The 49er's will need THIS^^^ guy this week. Only thing is, yup ... That's not gonna happen so they're gonna get this guy... L. While Alex Smith has played great this season, he's gonna come up short this week against this young Dolphins D. We all know the 49ers have that D, but with their relatively non existent pass rush, Joe Flacco will find holes in this defense. This tenacious 49ers D has only 23 sacks 2 forced fumbles and 16 INTs on the year which ranks them tier 3 in terms of Defense. Joe Flacco does have a turnover issue, and that's why he's was traded from the local Baltimore squad. As long as he doesn't have a 3+ turnover night, the Dolphins will sneak in for the upset this week!​
    Dolphins 31 - 49ers 27
    POWER RANKING LITE
    1. Oakland Raiders - Hottest team in NFL right now, 9 GM streak VS Broncos​
    2. Baltimore Ravens -1 Lost to Steelers in another D collapse​
    3. San Francisco 49ers ^4 Another hot team 9 GM Streak VS Dolphins​
    4. Carolina Panthers -1 Lost to the Chiefs, tough gm VS Falcons​
    5. Buffalo Bills -1 Got shocked @ home by Bills, will rebound VS Rams​
    6. Kansas City Chiefs ^4 - Back to their winning ways SUPER D vs Browns​
    7. Detroit Lions ^3 - No one can stop Stafford PERIOD. Knocked off Packers Wk14​
    8. Pittsburgh Steelers ^2 Win over Ravens on Road! vs Chargers​
    9. Indianapolis Colts -4 Lost 2 straight, tough gm vs Titans but should bounce back!​
    10. Green Bay Packers -1 Beat Vikings, Pulled okie-doke in Media, Schaub did not start!​
    ON RISE: Eagles, Falcons, Chiefs​
    MUST WIN NOW: Broncos, Chiefs, Giants, Seahawks​
    2012 Rookie Outlook:
    MEL KIPER'S TOP 10 PICKS
    2012 PLAYOFF PICTURE
    POSITION AWARDS LEADERS (Updated Bi-Weekly)
    QB: Matthew Stafford​
    QB: Andrew Luck​
    QB: Blaine Gabbert​
    Honorable Mention: Alex Smith, Carson Palmer​
    RB: Ray Rice​
    RB: Bernard Pierce​
    RB: Darren McFadden​
    Honorable Mention: David Wilson, LeSean McCoy, Lamar Miller​
    WR: Justin Blackmon​
    WR: Calvin Johnson Jr​
    WR: Mike Williams​
    Honorable Mention: Darrius Heyward-Bey, Reggie Wayne, Demaryius Thomas​
    TE: Kyle Rudolph​
    TE: Jason Witten​
    TE: Coby Fleener​
    OL: Marshal Yanda​
    OL: Chris Snee​
    DL: Trent Cole​
    DL: Jason Pierre-Paul​
    DL: Jared Allen​
    LB: Brian Cushing​
    LB: Jon Beason​
    LB: Nick Perry​
    DB: Eric Berry​
    DB: Ed Reed​
    DB: Brandon Flowers​
    K: Josh Scobee​
    K: John Potter​
    P: Jon Ryan​

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  2. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

game got simmed due to vikes not being able to play

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Yeah mine was simmed too but it happens

4. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Got a feeling im gonna have to play the Lions again in the first round, we will b rdy, believe that...Packers Lions rivalry, shit just got real, haha

• Like Like x 1
  5. Black Republican

i thought they were putting in a thing where the commish could sim the game yet determine the winner? If one user can play and the other cant no way should the user who cant even be given the opportunity to receive a win. If both users present times that just don't jive with one another then ok i can see the random winner sim working but the other way isn't fair imo.

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

This is a feature I do not think made it in

7. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Storm, How you think the Luck out performed Rodgers ;)
    LLS, just phuckin witcha Jmustang1968

8. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Broncos vs Raiders went to the fourth qtr 49-21 Raiders, but the servers claimed "desync error" so the game was won 35-10 vs the CPU. The Raiders have been fortunate this season after starting 0-3 the mighty chiefs are next.

9. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Where did Gruden go? :)

10. Black Republican

he'll be back week 17 for post season outlook ... stopped getting replies to coaches corner and was hard to figure out projections etc with sim games.

11. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I win when he doesnt mush my squad, so please leave us out Chucky, thanks!:D

12. Black Republican

lol ... one more week playoff pic will be just about painted