Jon Gruden's GMFL Weekly Rundown - 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Black Republican, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Sep 3, 2012
    Jon Gruden recently hired by the Baltimore Sun to write locally and with ESPN will be running down the league on a weekly basis!

COACH on COACH: "Gruden sit's down with Jaguars HC for week 8's interview"

1. What was the main factor in the recent loss to the Raiders?
    "The main factor was the speed of the Raiders offense against the slow defense. This is the first game this year we faced a team as fast as the Raiders, offensively we could keep up, but defensively it just came down to who had the ball last. I was outcoached from the beginning of the game to the very last second. I knew going into this game that speed would play a factor, but it never really hits you how to stop that offense until you see it live. We will be prepared next time."

2. I Jon Gruden expect you to beat the Colts next time at home, what do you predict the final score to be come week 10?
    "Ha that's a bold prediction. Playing at home will definitely be a factor for our young guys like Blackmon, Gabbert and Pierce. I predict the final score to be 28-24 Colts. Jmustang outcoached me in our first matchup. i have alot of preparing to do before I can give him an L."

3. Bernard Pierce is replacing Maurice-Jones Drew well beyond expectations. What compensation did you get from the Bengals for him?
    "Well I try to mimic Bill Belichick to the best of my abilities. He has a system, that features plugging no names into positions where they see great success. MJD is a very talented back, but the Jaguars have so many holes. I was offered 4 draft picks for him, 2012 1st and 2nd and 2013 3rd and 4th. When trying to find players to fit your system, it is very hard to pass up 4 hand selected draft picks."

4. You are featured in the Upset of the Week for week 8, what are the Jags plans for Aaron Rodgers & Reggie Bush?
    "Well if history repeats itself we handle losses in blowout fashion, after losing to Minnesota in Week 1 we blew out the Texans 38-10 at Houston. Follow that up with the loss to the Colts and we blew out the Bengals 37-7. However, Green Bay is a very talented team all across the board. We struggled with the Raiders offense, then Green Bay should put up 50 easily. That does not mean we won't go out and give it our all. I know Gabbert, Blackmon and Pierce want this win to show the Jaguars are for real. We plan on shutting down the running game early and forcing them into a 1 dimensional offense. Rodgers can very well beat us by himself, but if you are one dimensional against our defense, we will make you pay."

5. Who on this Jags defense do you anticipate being a household name come years end?
    " If you asked me that question about the offense I could give you several names very easily. Well we will be switching to a 3-4 defense next year, so the front 7 will see lots of changes. Look for Darryl Smith to stay with the Jaguars until retirement but he will be moved to inside linebacker in the 3-4 next year. The defense is the weakest part of this team so no one's job is safe, but Derek Cox has performed great alongside Mathis. Mathis is old so expect replacements. Dwight Lowery is a solid FS but we have a rotation in the secondary to keep everyone fresh. The only household name you can expect is Darryl Smith, look for an entirely new defense come 2013."

Game of the Week:
    The AFC West has taken shape, and looks to be the' toughest division in football. In week 8 old rivals will strap up to see who can dawn the #1 spot. The Chiefs (5-1) are finally healthy returning both of their running backs to the fold. This will be important because the stingy Raiders defense has allowed on avg only 57 yards on the ground the past three games. Who will emerge as the Chiefs #1 rusher, in Jamaal Charles's absence Peyton Hillis has been putting in WORK! The Raiders are one of the NFL's hottest teams right now, and there may be holes in the secondary, but they don't mind shooting it out with you! Averging over 42 points a game in the past 3 weeks, Carson Palmer and those boys are going gun! The Chiefs have the 5th rated pass defense in the league however, and rank 2nd in the league in forced interceptions. Something has to give, usually I always bank with the defense. But in this one... Prediction: Raiders 38 - Chiefs 31 ... While the Chiefs will force turnovers and apply pressure, I dont believe Matt Cassel can keep up with the Raiders aerial attack. Take it to the ground Chiefs!!​
    Upset Alert:
    I have a feeling the Jaguars will surprise the boys out in Greenbay. The Jags are coming off a tough loss and are a hungry, young team. The Packers are 6-1, with the one loss coming via SIM. Aaron Rodgers has thrown for an uncharacteristic 12 INTs through the first 7 games, and with the addition of Matt Schaub, tensions are rising in Lambeau. The Packers are still a very talented team on both sides of the ball. Reggie Bush adds a dimension the Packers haven't seen since Desmond Howard, in that of a game breaker. On defense rookie Nick Perry is leading the team in tackles, and sacks, taking some attention off of Clay Matthews. The Jags will have a tough time finding holes while avoiding Matthews & Perry. BUT!!! This one will come down to turnovers and with Rodgers giving it up like a drunk girl on prom night, I expect the Jags to pull out the shocker! Jags 31 - Packers 27

Power Rakings Lite
    1. Indianapolis Colts ~ Hot @ Titans
    2. Baltimore Ravens ~ Hot Bye Week
    3. Green Bay Packers ~ Big game this week vs Jags
    4. Washington Redskins - 3 Tough loss last week in OT vs Giants
    5. Denver Broncos ~ Coming off BYE week, should take care of Brees and the reeling Saints
    6. Kansas City Chiefs ~ HUGE GAME !! GOTW !! Statement game!
    7. Detroit Lions ~ Mild ... Big game hosting Seahawks!
    8. Carolina Panthers ~ Mild .. Big game next week, should take care of business on road vs CHI
    9. Pittsburgh Steelers ~ Steelers are heating up, can they kick Redskins while they're down? BIG GAME!!
    10. Oakland Raiders ~ Blazing offense, can 5th ranked D (Chiefs) put them on simmer?

ON RISE: Giants, Eagles, Bills
    MUST WIN NOW: Seahawks, Rams, 49ers

CONGRATS to CrackinBacks & BigTyme21, big WINS, in the MUST WIN column from week 7!

2012 MVP Consideration:
    QB-Matthew Stafford LIONS​
    RB-Ray Rice RAVENS​
    QB-Andrew Luck COLTS​
    QB-Robert Griffin III REDSKINS​
    QB-Christian Ponder VINKINGS​
    On the Brink
    RB-Lamar Miller DOLPHINS​
    QB-Alex Smith 49ERS​
    WR-Andre Johnson TEXANS​
    THE KEN MARSHALL (Matt Barkley) Chase
    1. Arizona Cardinals​
    2. Houston Texans​
    2012 Rookie Outlook:
    QB: Matthew Stafford​
    QB: Robert Griffin III​
    QB: Christian Ponder​
    RB: Ray Rice​
    RB: Donald Brown​
    RB: Lamar Miller​
    Honorable Mention: David Wilson, Bernard Pierce​
    WR: Andre Johnson​
    WR: Demaryius Thomas​
    WR: Justin Blackmon​
    Honorable Mention: Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Darrius Bey​
    TE: Kyle Rudolph​
    TE: Vernon Davis​
    OL: Marshal Yanda​
    OL: Chris Snee​
    DL: Jason Pierre-Paul​
    DL: Jared Allen​
    LB: Nick Perry​
    LB: James Laurinaitis​
    DB: Kam Chancellor​
    DB: Ed Reed​
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Jul 14, 2010
    Cam is a bit high in the rankings I think. He has a nice rating, but his yards are lower than most other leading QBs

Awesome write up though, I will look forward to reading these each week!
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  3. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Sep 3, 2012
    I should note that all my ratings are in no particular order, Cam though is throwing it very smart and efficient while posting solid rushing numbers too. But I had a dyslexia moment, thought his 1,199 Yards was 1,9... ha, I will have to adjust this is quite a bit of yardage missing! Good catch!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Dec 11, 2010
    The game of the week picture is G .... Photoshop ?
  5. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

Aug 28, 2012
    Very sweet write up. See...all the good stuff comes out of the 315!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Mar 15, 2012
    " Rodgers can very well beat us by himself"

I stopped reading after that, hahaha

But on the real good write up....Nothing surprises me, I know that the Gngsta is a beast, he doggged my Falcons...THAT SAID, i DO SEE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN QB's.....Ballgame
    • Like Like x 1