Jon Gruden's GMFL - Wild Card Round

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Black Republican, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

The regular season has come to a close with 12 teams remaining in which will be a tight race! What team will put together a '11 NYG / '10 Packers on the road sweep? In a league dominated by rookie QB performances, the post season boasts vets like Big Ben, Peyton Manning, and Aaron Rodgers. Will the experience of players shine or will the brilliance of coaches blow out the candles to these old heads?
    GAMES OF THE WEEK:
    [​IMG]
    This off season the Broncos acquired long time Colts great Peyton Manning. Now Peyton will face his old team with new young gun Andrew Luck under center. The two have been very professional during this whole changing of the guard, but make no mistake Peyton Manning is upset of how things went down in Indy this past year. Being the competitor he is, its only natural. Now center stage he will have the opportunity to prove the Colts management wrong. The Colts are riding a 3 game winning streak and will be hosting the Broncos. The Broncos are fortunate to be in the playoff with late season losses to the Raiders and Ravens which almost doomed them.​
    The Broncos will be with out two stars on defense, Von Miller and Champ Bailey. This will be a huge void for the players behind them to fill the gap. Look for Colt's HC to take advantage of such mismatches and out score the Broncos in a shootout.​
    Colts 38 - Broncos 28
    [​IMG]
    The Smack ya around game here! The front 4 of the Bills is SERIOUS. 3 out of 4 DL are currently in the BEST DL Yearly award race. K. Williams, M. Williams and M. Dareus will pose a problem for the the Steelers offensive line which is hurting right now. Down starting RT, C, and RG that leaves them extremely young and stretched at the line position. Long drives will actually hurt the Steelers. However the HC of the Steelers knows how to game plan. The Bills are a pretty stout team against the run but are subjectable to the pass. Look for the Steelers to utilize their speed a WR to create problems for this bills secondary. This one will be tight first half as the two teams spar it out, look for 2 or 3 big plays in the second half in the favor of the Steelers that change the direction of the game and seal a victory on the road in cold Buffalo!​
    Steelers 20 - Bills 17
    [​IMG]
    Two owners in different yet familiar places. The 49ers (11-5) have been solid all year around. We thought we seen Alex Smith at his max under Harbaugh, but coach Crackinbacks has elevated the former first rounder to yet another level. Almost 4000 yards, 40 TDs to 14 INT. The addition of Randy Moss and Mario Manningham has changed the philosophy in San Francisco. While Gore still had a solid year this is now a pass first team! The Falcons started off 1-6, and finished 10-6. GMoney has these boys on steroids, Matty Ice and The Burner Turner are making plays! Julio is problem! This game will come down to turnovers and special teams play. Harry Douglas may be the X factor in this game. Beyond the relevance of this game, coach Crackinbacks and coach Gmoney have a past together linked in the college days. Coach Crackinbacks has never defeated his long time adversary in quite a few meetings.​
    But now they meet in a similar yet different place. The Falcons are the underdogs in this one, as long as the old Alex Smith doesn't rise from the grave, this TOUGH 49ers D (2nd in NFL) should hold off the onslaught brought on by the Falcons to edge out a close W at home.​
    49ers 27 - Falcons 25
    [​IMG]
    The Lions are a hard team to figure out, the previous head coach had to step down for personal reasons and this opened the door for Offensive Coordinator Dan Harris to step in to this high powered offense. With MVP QB Matthew Stafford slinging the ball around to Calvin Johnson how could you go wrong? I'll tell you, you play the Philadelphia Eagles. With MLB D. Ryans out because of injury this enables A. Jordan & J. Chaney to pick up the slack, this is a good thing because they are much better against the pass. Nnamdi Asomugha will have duties to cover Megatron. Nnamdi is currently top 5 in the NFL in interceptions and deflections. No doubting this guy in coverage. More importantly is the record setting performance by Trent Cole and his 22 sacks. The Lions O Line has done a great job keeping Stafford healthy and upright this season. Of every 17 drop backs, Stafford is only sacked once. BUT, this is why they play the game!​
    Eagles 38 - Lions 30
    2012 Rookie Outlook:
    MEL KIPER'S TOP 10 PICKS
    REGULAR SEASON POSITION AWARDS WINNERS
    MVP: Matthew Stafford - Lions
    Rookie OTYO: QB. Andrew Luck - Colts
    Rookie OTYD: CB. Josh Norman - Panthers
    QB: Matthew Stafford - Lions
    RB: Ray Rice - Ravens
    WR: Justin Blackmon - Jaguars
    TE: Kyle Rudolph - Vikings
    OL: Marshal Yanda - Ravens
    DL: Trent Cole - Eagles
    DL: Jared Allen - Vikings
    LB: Jon Beason - Panthers
    DB: Josh Norman - Panthers
    K: John Potter - Ravens
    P: Jon Ryan - Seahawks
    2012 Records etched in History
    QB: Mark Sanchez 631 Yds - 1 GM
    RB: Darren McFadden 266 Yds - 1 GM
    RB: Ray Rice 257 Yds - 1 GM
    TE: Dustin Keller 322 Yds - 1 GM
    WR: Justin Blackmon 279 Yds - 1 GM
    QB: Matthew Stafford 5,666 Yds - 1 Sea
    QB: Blaine Gabbert 5,060 Yds - 1 Sea
    QB: Matthew Stafford: 53 TDS - 1 Sea
    RB: Ray Rice 2,034 Yds - 1 Sea
    HB: Bernard Pierce 1,941 Yds - 1 Sea
    HB: Ray Rice 22 TDS - 1 Sea
    WR: Justin Blackmon 2,013 Yds - 1 Sea
    WR: Calvin Johnson Jr. 1,659 Yds - 1 Sea
    DE: Trent Cole 22 Sacks - 1 Sea

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  2. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Just patiently waiting for a thread to explode on, you can stunt if you want but that a$$ gone get rolled on... Random thought/line while I wait to see who is coming to Green Bay to try and take our cheese, we got traps all over, and not the ones in the A, Gucci!

hahahha,

Formidable opponents fo sho, I'm going wit G and the ATL and Philly to move on in the NFC, I don't wanna see the Lions again, and I played Crackin b4 he got his team on track, round two would be wayyyy different, LLS... GL to y'all tho,

Good write up as usual too Chucky

3. DirtSouthDan

DirtSouthDan Walk On

Nice! 11-5 but underdogs and will be on the road throughout the playoffs. Should be fun.

4. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I think we may need a serious discussion about these stats :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

The single game stats produced by the Jets I have addressed to the user.

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Took the words out of my mouth...

Did this happen against the computer?

7. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

"RB: Ray Rice 257 Yds - 1 GM"

sorry cuzzo(y)

[​IMG]

8. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

i wish i could put up numbers like that, FML, Deezam

9. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

I love being the underdogs!!!!

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Yes

11. Snozberriez8198

Why did the brackets switch who the winner played in the AFC but not the NFC?

12. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Madden has seeding issue.

13. Snozberriez8198

Will it get fixed, or is it staying like it is? This changes the whole playoff tree... Jmustang1968

14. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

No idea... We have to play it how the game gives it to us. Gotta go out and win it, no matter who the game matches us against.

15. Snozberriez8198

Obviously I have to win no matter who it is, but it just changes the whole bracket.

16. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

I believe that's how it's supposed to go division rivals rarely meet in the conference championship, playoff brackets/tree often change based on which seed wins ..... Right ?

17. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

No, once the seeds are set, then they are set. What must've happened is that the Steelers were the #6, Broncos #5, Bills #3, and Colts #4

18. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

The stats are a little ridiculous because users play the same defense all game. 2 man under is very good but WR like Calvin and Blackmon have 95 release so they are WIDE OPEN vs this coverage. Run that all game and receivers average over 20 yards a catch. Not to mention a hb dive vs 2man under gets huge yards. Hopefully some people I have played can vouch that I have taken Blackmon out of games and lost because of it. I'm only saying that I have a problem with everyone running the same defense. It's easy to mix up offense but many, not all , use very few defensive plays. Mix it up and we won't have inflated stats

19. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I run a ton of mix of zone, man, and blitzes. Running 1 D all game is what gets you beat. The zone can be very good if it keeps your opponent on his toes and never knows what to expect.

More than half of my ints this year happened in zone coverage as well.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  20. Brandon S.

And that is why you beat me twice. However some people only run 2 man under and there are lopsided stats and scores.

21. Raidernation

I WISH my man coverage was good enough to run for a whole game seems that's when I get beat the most. I must mix my defensive calls up. There are times when the situation calls for it (man under) but that's as far as it goes. (this is when you read my signature)

22. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

since we are all sharing, what plays can I call to contain the run? I call defenses based on offensive personnel and down and distance. Thought that was SOP, didn't no we could just run a nickle the whole game and say fuc it, correct me if i'm wrong

23. Raidernation

NO POINTERS IN THE PLAYOFFS GEE. Lol you got in because of good play ya should be good money. Who runs nickel all game ?

24. Brandon S.

The teams ive played that are in the playoffs mix the playcall up. Thats why they are in the playoffs. But the other teams, that dont participate much on the boards either, they run 2 man under all game. I may be wrong, they might call a zone play here or there but on 3rd down, or anytime late in the game, you bet your ass that 2 man under is coming out. Then Blackmon gets open for 90 yards at the end of the game.